Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rather not look into Avant, his production has dropped significantly. We still have Reggie Wayne who is a great / Amazing veteran presence among the WR core. Id prefer we stick with who we currently have. Whalen has proved to be sure handed, lets let these younger guys develop maybe add a WR via draft.

If we bring in a WR, it really needs to be through the draft. As deep as the draft is, we can get a late 1st round caliber WR in the 2nd, and possibly 3rd. Allen Robinson, Jordan Mathews, or Donte Moncrief would be my top picks, and I believe Grigs will draft one of them.

Rather not look into Avant, his production has dropped significantly. We still have Reggie Wayne who is a great / Amazing veteran presence among the WR core. Id prefer we stick with who we currently have. Whalen has proved to be sure handed, lets let these younger guys develop maybe add a WR via draft.

my only question about wayne is with his age, how will his knee hold up. I mean it isn't like he broke anything. but I could not agree more about whalen. he became a big receiver for us toward the end, especially on 3rd down plays. reminds me of Collie, minus the concussions. I actually like the 5 WR's we have right now (Wayne, Hilton, Rogers, Whalen and Brazill) and add Fleener and Allen to the mix and Luck is set when it comes to his targets for next season. but honestly I think our offense is set with the exception of the interior line. our defense is what needs work at all positions except safety, and OLB.

The only role for Jason Avant on this team is if Sergio Brown leaves. Maybe he can still contribute on special teams but signing a guy who couldn't beat out Riley Cooper to be your #2 WR? Not a chance.

As much as I don't like the guy, Riley Cooper was actually quite good last year. And who is suggesting we bring in Avant to be our number 2 WR? Nobody.

As much as I don't like the guy, Riley Cooper was actually quite good last year. And who is suggesting we bring in Avant to be our number 2 WR? Nobody.

With the Eagles offense any competent WR they had was going to put up good numbers. In the original post it says that we should bring him in to replace DHB. DHB started off the season as the #2 although he didn't finish that way. If the Colts sign a WR they will be looking for a WR they can start on the outside.

With the Eagles offense any competent WR they had was going to put up good numbers. In the original post it says that we should bring him in to replace DHB. DHB started off the season as the #2 although he didn't finish that way. If the Colts sign a WR they will be looking for a WR they can start on the outside.

Replacing DHB and becoming our #2 WR are two entirely different things. I'm fairly certain lollygagger was not implying Avant would be our #2.

The Eagles released Jason Avant.

If he could be picked up for a vet minimum (or close), I think he'd be a great replacement for DHB. Unlike DHB, Avant has great hands. He's also a good locker room vet. 

Imagine that passes that don't bounce off the darn turf...Avant would be a nice short term piece that can move the chains & be a reliable weapon for Luck. Money hands are more important that lightning fast feet. DHB taught me that the hard way. 

Here is a quick link:  It says his production was down.  A little concerning to me....Grigson does like his Eagles.....HMMMM...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Eagles-release-Jason-Avant.html

You might be on to something there Brent. Since Grigs used to work in Philly, he might be able to get Avant for less & he can convince him that INDY is on the verge of a SB run. Works for me man.  :thmup:

Who the hell is baby hawk?

Thanks for asking that question BOTT. I had no idea who in the hades Drewbacca was referring to either.

I appreciate your reply of Andrew Hawkins too Jared Cisneros. I rarely pay attention to the Bengals, especially now since Mike Zimmer is gone & running the show in Minnesota. 

Is this the level we have stooped to? Bringing in Jason Avant? Jason Avant?!

"Stooped too?" I take it you think Avant is worthless then? If we can get Jason cheap, why is that so horrible James? He would be motivated to reclaim his premier WR status would he not?

Luck can throw any WR open correct? Jason would get his touches pretty easy all season long in my estimation. INDY gets to the AFC Championship Game & Jason re-invents his NFL career. A win win all the way around if you ask me. 

You might be on to something there Brent. Since Grigs used to work in Philly, he might be able to get Avant for less & he can convince him that INDY is on the verge of a SB run. Works for me man.  :thmup:

I need more film of him myself....do not watch or care for the Eagles too much :)

The only role for Jason Avant on this team is if Sergio Brown leaves. Maybe he can still contribute on special teams but signing a guy who couldn't beat out Riley Cooper to be your #2 WR? Not a chance.

Lost our   on Trich, chuckle As Cooper totes his $5M per to the house.