Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton's Exam Results

Fx Stryker

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valid point. He got tagged as one though. Do you think the PA will be able to help him they way they did Suggs? I think it will be tough even though he lines up as a WR a lot.

They'll try to fight it, but I think they'll get a deal done before it's resolved anyway.

I have. He has played more years then Gronk. I don't put any stock into bulk numbers. Look at production per games played and tell me how Davis is better?

lol not "combined numbers" I mean Combine numbers. As in his 40, vertical, bench, ect... at the NFL combine. Dude is an absolute phyiscal freak. He ran a 4.38 at 260 lbs and has a 42 inch vertical jump. There's a reason he was regarded as the best TE prospect ever. 

But to answer your question, Davis plays in a predominately run-first offense and has played with a plethora of terrible QBs over the years. I have no doubt that if he was playing in New England he'd be putting up numbers comparable to if not better than Gronk's. 

lol not "combined numbers" I mean Combine numbers. As in his 40, vertical, bench, ect... at the NFL combine. Dude is an absolute phyiscal freak. He ran a 4.38 at 260 lbs and has a 42 inch vertical jump. There's a reason he was regarded as the best TE prospect ever. 

But to answer your question, Davis plays in a predominately run-first offense and has played with a plethora of terrible QBs over the years. I have no doubt that if he was playing in New England he'd be putting up numbers comparable to if not better than Gronk's. 

Ha,ha. My mistake. That is pretty funny though.

Yeah, in terms of athletic ability sure but Gronk plays the TE position better. Davis disappears in games which I think has more to do with his mental approach then anything else. Gronk is just a plain beast and the reason the Pats offense is pass centric is because of him.

Ha,ha. My mistake. That is pretty funny though.

Yeah, in terms of athletic ability sure but Gronk plays the TE position better. Davis disappears in games which I think has more to do with his mental approach then anything else. Gronk is just a plain beast and the reason the Pats offense is pass centric is because of him.

Groks stats are inflated because the receivers are trash, Davis stats are still better with terrible qbs. If Davis had Brady his numbers would triple gronks

Groks stats are inflated because the receivers are trash, Davis stats are still better with terrible qbs. If Davis had Brady his numbers would triple gronks

If the receivers are trash then it would stand that Gronk's numbers would be worse not better given the coverage rolls to him. I will give you the Brady card as he does make everyone better. But Gronk is legit in his own right.

If the receivers are trash then it would stand that Gronk's numbers would be worse not better given the coverage rolls to him. I will give you the Brady card as he does make everyone better. But Gronk is legit in his own right.

Or maybe Brady looks at Gronk first every play for the first 5 seconds and then throws it to Gronk anyways because everyone is trash so his stats are inflated

and meanwhile, back at the ranch.....  Peyton passed his physical exam...

Not that  that was the reason for this thread or anything   :dunno:

and meanwhile, back at the ranch.....  Peyton passed his physical exam...

Not that  that was the reason for this thread or anything   :dunno:

Next time you see this thread...say 'Hi' to 'Jack' for me :hijack:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I think Peyton should retire regardless of his neck. These last two post-seasons have been brutal to his legacy. I really think this next season could be a lot like Favre's last season in Minnesota.

:scratch:   Since when is making it to the Super Bowl brutal on a legacy....????

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I think Peyton should retire regardless of his neck. These last two post-seasons have been brutal to his legacy. I really think this next season could be a lot like Favre's last season in Minnesota.

:facepalm:

When you get obliterated in the Super Bowl after an historic regular season.

Of course, I set that one up perfectly for you..and fully expected that response.  

I don't think anyone would have beat Seattle in that game.

And......I'm glad he's going to continue playing, and you and I can just agree to disagree on Peyton's legacy.

Graham isn't even a TE so I don't even see the point of this argument.

Graham is a TE.. He plays 63% of his snaps outside, but Wide Receivers play 95-100% of their snaps outside.  I think the NFL might have to make some sort of "Tweener" category for TEs that are used a lot in the passing game.  Catching the ball is part of a tight ends role and responsibility of the position, but they shouldn't be measured in the same category as a tight end that primarily stays in and blocks for instance.

Granted, no tight end that is just a blocker would ever receive the franchise tag anyways, so its kind of a moot point.  The franchise tag is the average of the TOP 5 at the position or 20% more than the player made the previous year, whichever is greater.  Obviously the JAG tight ends that just block and barely catch passes are making league minimum, so they would never factor into the actual market for elite tight ends.

Teams can thank the Patriots for setting the standard/bench mark for Tight Ends with the contracts they gave Hernandez and Gronk.  They did those deals early too because they knew the cap would be going up and the prices for TEs would start to inflate as teams got more money.  Unfortunately one of them turned into a serial murderer, but at least they have Gronk tied up for the next 7 years on a very fair contract for both parties.  In a few years Gronk will be considered vastly underpaid, assuming he comes back healthy and can stay on the field.

Alright you can keep making up excuses as to why groks numbers aren't even better thAn Jimmy's but that's a fact, plus he's injured and not there to play, is he even going to play this season? Another 4 game 360 yard season for the most dominant scoring machine ? Come on he's spent

Fact:  Gronk outscored ALL Tight ends AND Wide Receivers his first 3 years in the league.  Thats correct, he outscored even all WRs which includes Calvin Johnson in that list.

People have pretty short memories.. I guy gets a string of bad luck with injuries and suddenly hes not very good and is overrated.  Well I hope you remember that next year when your team faces the Patriots and Gronk is healthy, because those statements are going to come back to bite you.

Gronk is a beast and clearly the best all around tight end in the league.  There is no flaw in his game, he dominates in the passing game and he dominates in the running game.  The Patriots, with all of their injuries and rookies, were the top 5 red zone scoring offense when he was healthy last year.  When he went down with the knee injury, they fell all the way to 25th or worse in red zone offense.

He is a game changer and a very rare breed of Tight End.  You can kick him while he's down all you want but he's only 24 years old and is going to be back to make everyone eat their crow.

Saying a 24 year old is "spent" is pretty humorous in and of itself.  Cant wait until next year when everyone comes back healthy and the rookies (the patriots started more rookies than any other team last year and had the 2nd youngest team in the league) have had another year to develop and mature.  The game will start to slow down for them and they'll only get better.

Look out.

Of course, I set that one up perfectly for you..and fully expected that response.  

I don't think anyone would have beat Seattle in that game.

And......I'm glad he's going to continue playing, and you and I can just agree to disagree on Peyton's legacy.

Denver was favored so many expected them, including myself to beat Seattle. The fact that the game was a blowout with Manning turning in yet another subpar post-season performance is my reasoning for the legacy comment. Does not mean he isn't going to go down as a great QB. 

Fact:  Gronk outscored ALL Tight ends AND Wide Receivers his first 3 years in the league.  Thats correct, he outscored even all WRs which includes Calvin Johnson in that list.

People have pretty short memories.. I guy gets a string of bad luck with injuries and suddenly hes not very good and is overrated.  Well I hope you remember that next year when your team faces the Patriots and Gronk is healthy, because those statements are going to come back to bite you.

Gronk is a beast and clearly the best all around tight end in the league.  There is no flaw in his game, he dominates in the passing game and he dominates in the running game.  The Patriots, with all of their injuries and rookies, were the top 5 red zone scoring offense when he was healthy last year.  When he went down with the knee injury, they fell all the way to 25th or worse in red zone offense.

He is a game changer and a very rare breed of Tight End.  You can kick him while he's down all you want but he's only 24 years old and is going to be back to make everyone eat their crow.

Saying a 24 year old is "spent" is pretty humorous in and of itself.  Cant wait until next year when everyone comes back healthy and the rookies (the patriots started more rookies than any other team last year and had the 2nd youngest team in the league) have had another year to develop and mature.  The game will start to slow down for them and they'll only get better.

Look out.

see all that would be great if it didnt apply for 3-5 games a season and then nothing, gronk has gotten worse every season since 2011. he had to have 4 surgeries for a broken forearm and just tore his acl and mcl. gronk sucks he will never be the same. people write off people that have multiple seson ending surgeries within a two year span all the time. i guess you can start getting over it now that gronk will always be injured and eventually cut because hes not worth his contract. Jimmy Graham is bigger faster and just better than Gronk besides blocking maybe. You cant say a guy is the best when the only thing hes best at is getting hurt, even if he had a good season 3 years ago. 

Denver was favored so many expected them, including myself to beat Seattle. The fact that the game was a blowout with Manning turning in yet another subpar post-season performance is my reasoning for the legacy comment. Does not mean he isn't going to go down as a great QB. 

First off....   Wins are "Team" Wins,  and "Losses" are "Team" losses.    Peyton set a  record for completions in the SB,  with 34, (albeit a meaningless record if you don't win, but nontheless, hardly "subpar".)  The game was hard to watch, and I defintely was disappointed.   I was disappointed FOR Peyton,  NOT in him.  

Some people make it sound like getting to the Super Bowl is a "right"  or "easy peasy".   Well you know what, the reality is,  it isn't ~ on either count.   Some teams, and some QB's  have never made it to the Super Bowl, and never will.   Peyton has managed to get his teams there 3 times.

These discussions can go round and round, and we'll likely never see eye to eye on some things.   My point is,  you do have valid points, and opinions,  but they don't change my opinion of Peyton one ioata.

First off....   Wins are "Team" Wins,  and "Losses" are "Team" losses.    Peyton set a  record for completions in the SB,  with 34, (albeit a meaningless record if you don't win, but nontheless, hardly "subpar".)    

Some people make it sound like getting to the Super Bowl is a "right"  or "easy peasy".   Well you know what, the reality is,  it isn't ~ on either count.   Some teams, and some QB's  have never made it to the Super Bowl, and never will.   Peyton has managed to get his teams there 3 times.

These discussions can go round and round, and we'll likely never see eye to eye on some things.   My point is,  you do have valid points, and opinions,  but they don't change my opinion of Peyton one ioata.

Sure. I agree with all of this. Was not trying to change your view on Peyton just stating my thoughts on the subject of the thread. I am happy for him that he was not forced to retire due to the neck. Regardless of his legacy, I never would want to see him or any player be forced from the game if they still want to play and compete.

I had to go back and reread the title of this thread to be sure that it wasn't . . . Gronk's Exam Results.  

Anyhow, glad to hear this good news for Peyton. :thmup:

Thanks for the great post I was totally confused with this thread since it was totally :hijack:

Favre's last few seasons hurt his legacy not because he lost in the post-season but because he was a drama king with a capital D. Peyton would never go out that way. He may not win another Super Bowl but he will never be the "me guy" that Favre was his final few seasons.

In other words, you actually do think he has a legacy till now. Woohoo.

Denver was favored because the dumb betting public bets offense and the last thing they see....and the broncos looked good beating a good, but far from great NE team. Why anyone put money on the Broncos is beyond me. Even Bill Polian admitted everything pointed to Seattle winning the game.

Look out.

I agree on the Gronk. He is a special player. I have seen him make some insane catches in traffic.

Luck didnt even need that stacked Denver team to beat the Seahawks.

Reading is a skill. I said with the current Denver team. It includes Offense, Defense and Special teams.

Do you think replacing Peyton with Luck in the SB, Denver would have won?.