Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton's Exam Results

Fx Stryker

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him, NFL is a better place with Peyton in it.

Now, if the Broncos can keep him from throwing 40+ times vs those NFC West Ds, we might not have an Ahmad Brooks vs Drew Brees Part II with Peyton's neck, that would not be good. Brees gets rid of it just as fast as Peyton does, and it might be best to just take a sack and live for another play at this stage for Peyton, IMO.

Do you have a good resource for us to read FX?  You were not in the waiting room with X-Ray vision were ya?   :)

haha I was the fly on the wall. No, no I seen it on ESPN. And Gramz got the link already.

Thanks Gramz. :thmup: Glad to have you back.

Terrific (and expected) news. You never want to see an all-time great go out on anything but his own terms. 

You do wonder if Belichick going to a more run oriented approach by the red zone the last few years is by design for Brady's home stretch in his career.

I wonder if John Fox and John Elway are thinking along those same lines now with Peyton.

You do wonder if Belichick going to a more run oriented approach by the red zone the last few years is by design for Brady's home stretch in his career.

I wonder if John Fox and John Elway are thinking along those same lines now with Peyton.

I think the Pats understand that a balanced offense is what will win rings. Gronk is still the best red zone target in the game so if he is on the field then the Pats will throw in the red zone more then run.

Very good news for Peyton. I am happy he gets to decide at least for now when his career will end.

I think there's something to that. But I also think Belichick tries to stay ahead of the field... passing offenses are pretty prevalent now, so teams are going to be built to defend that. I read something recently that said teams played something like 67% of all defensive snaps, on average, in nickel/sub-packages last season. So they're spending less time in their base defenses, which are more geared toward the run... and so on and so forth. 

I think the Pats understand that a balanced offense is what will win rings. Gronk is still the best red zone target in the game so if he is on the field then the Pats will throw in the red zone more then run.

Very good news for Peyton. I am happy he gets to decide at least for now when his career will end.

Gronk is not the best red zone target in the nfl. Jimmy graham is way better and I'd argue Dwayne Allen is too. Besides the obvious lack of talent compared to jimmy graham he can't be considered better when he hardly plays ever. To be the best red zone target in the nfl you have to be there. Gronk will always be injury prone and as a result subpar to guys like J green Dwayne Allen Vernon Davis jimmy graham and arguably Julius Thomas

Gronk is not the best red zone target in the nfl. Jimmy graham is way better and I'd argue Dwayne Allen is too. Besides the obvious lack of talent compared to jimmy graham he can't be considered better when he hardly plays ever. To be the best red zone target in the nfl you have to be there. Gronk will always be injury prone and as a result subpar to guys like J green Dwayne Allen Vernon Davis jimmy graham and arguably Julius Thomas

When healthy he is the best red zone target and best TE in the game. He has more talent than Graham or Allen. There is no argument.

Are you kidding? Allen? Davis? Not even close to Gronk. He is better then Graham too. Best TE in the game. Health is a concern for sure but when he is out there, he is the best.

When healthy he is the best red zone target and best TE in the game. He has more talent than Graham or Allen. There is no argument.

When healthy? When healthy he's not even close to graham. I'd be willing to bet Dwayne Allen has a better overall year this year too, book it. Julius Thomas and Vernon Davis are also about the same as gronk

When healthy? When healthy he's not even close to graham. I'd be willing to bet Dwayne Allen has a better overall year this year too, book it. Julius Thomas and Vernon Davis are also about the same as gronk

Check the numbers. Gronk is better then Graham. Better TE and better blocker. Best all around TE in the game.

I give you the health issue. It is what it is but when he plays, no one is better then Gronk.

Check the numbers. Gronk is better then Graham. Better TE and better blocker. Best all around TE in the game.

I give you the health issue. It is what it is but when he plays, no one is better then Gronk.

Jimmy has like 800 more yards in the same amount of time but one less td, he's better

Jimmy has played more games. Again if you look at production per games played and do the averages, Gronk is better.

None of that stat padding matters when you're not around to play half the games in a season when it really counts and it's crunch time

Also jimmy gets better and more consistent Gronk gets hurt more and more and sucks eggs harder every season more and more

None of that stat padding matters when you're not around to play half the games in a season when it really counts and it's crunch time

You lost me. What stat padding? When Gronk plays he is the best TE. There is not debate. His numbers are there. I said I give you the injury issue but that has nothing to do with who the better player is except for saying Graham is more durable BUT he was also invisible in two games vs the Hawks including the playoffs this year and was held without a catch vs the Pats as well.

Exactly but I don't think we live in a fantasy world and I think the only thing Gronk consistently does is get hurt

There is no gm that would trade jimmy graham for Gronk right now period

Then you are arguing a separate issue. Injury prone vs talent. Gronk is the best TE in the game and he is also injury prone. He is a better player then Graham. We'll have to see how their careers pan out over the long haul but no one would say Graham is better then Gronk just less injury prone.

You lost me. What stat padding? When Gronk plays he is the best TE. There is not debate. His numbers are there. I said I give you the injury issue but that has nothing to do with who the better player is except for saying Graham is more durable BUT he was also invisible in two games vs the Niners including the playoffs this year and was held without a catch vs the Pats as well.

Gronk is very talented but he will never be a caliber of player like graham because he's injury prone and graham produces better numbers that's my case

You lost me. What stat padding? When Gronk plays he is the best TE. There is not debate. His numbers are there. I said I give you the injury issue but that has nothing to do with who the better player is except for saying Graham is more durable BUT he was also invisible in two games vs the Hawks including the playoffs this year and was held without a catch vs the Pats as well.

I also would be willing to bet the broncos wouldn't trade Julius Thomas for Gronk

I also would be willing to bet the broncos wouldn't trade Julius Thomas for Gronk

I don't know what you are arguing anymore. If you think Gronk is done because he may get injured again then so be it. He is coming off of ACL this season so we'll see. He is only 24 and has recovered well from his other injures. As I have said, when he is on the field he is the best and you have zero argument to say otherwise.

I don't know what you are arguing anymore. If you think Gronk is done because he may get injured again then so be it. He is coming off of ACL this season so we'll see. He is only 24 and has recovered well from his other injures. As I have said, when he is on the field he is the best and you have zero argument to say otherwise.

Alright you can keep making up excuses as to why groks numbers aren't even better thAn Jimmy's but that's a fact, plus he's injured and not there to play, is he even going to play this season? Another 4 game 360 yard season for the most dominant scoring machine ? Come on he's spent