Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we in agreement that Grimes is better than Vontae

i'd rather vontae-- he is younger and has a higher ceiling than Grimes -- Grimes played remarkably well coming off knee surgery last year, but probably only has 2-3 years in the tank to be considered with the top-tier CB's, whereas Vontae probably has at least 6 or more where he can be a top 10 CB.

Grimes is way better. One of the top corners in the league.

Im just beginning to think that you think every player from a different team is better than who we have. I myself would take Vontea everyday and twice on Sundays. Grimes is a zone corner and would be terrible in our system.

Grimes played great with a better defense then what we have and Vontae if he was playing for Miami instead of grimes would've played way better. The age thingie plays a huge factor too. I'll take Vontae all day. But I wouldn't mind signing Grimes opposite of Vontae and release Toler and draft jean batiste I think that's his name in the second round to learn from Vonate and Grimes

Grimes breaks on the ball better while Vontae matches up with big bodied physical wideouts better.

Vontae Davis is closer to Aqib Talib while Grimes is closer to Asante Samuel, IMO. Put a speedier wideout on VD, he will have issues while Grimes will not. Put a bigger wideout on Grimes, he will have issues while VD will not. Darius Butler handles speedier and shiftier slot wideouts better, so that is the reason they put him out there.

That is why Vontae Davis cannot demand nearly the amount that a Revis in his prime could because there are certain facets he is not good at.

Im just beginning to think that you think every player from a different team is better than who we have. I myself would take Vontea everyday and twice on Sundays. Grimes is a zone corner and would be terrible in our system.

haha, of all the people that said this, I'm glad it was you.  Not that you're a debbie downer or anything, but you are a pretty tough evaluator to please (again, not a bad thing, just an obvservation). 

He played man-to-man 80%-90% of the time in Miami. He's decent pressing. Probably on par with Toler. Not as bad a fit as you make it sound.