Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags Make Move To Try For Race To Bottom In Preparation For Colts After Their Bye Week

bayone

The Jaguars put Sims-Walker, who recently rejoined them, on injured reserve with a knee problem to make room for .Brian Robiskie calmed off waivers from Cleveland

Guys who are not good enough to help Cleveland are unlikely to be of much help to Jacksonville,

Robiskie now has time to immerse himself in the Jaguars’ system since they are in a bye week, and perhaps he can have a role in their next game, Nov. 13 against the Colts in Indianapolis.

What does he offer? I asked Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc.

"He has better size than some of their smaller receivers, but he's not nearly as shifty or explosive as those guys," Williamson said. "Robiskie is a pure possession guy that struggles to separate and doesn’t have outstanding physicality. In essence, he is a jack of all trades and a master of none.""

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/30159/jaguars-add-robiskie-and-ir-sims-walker

All Robiskie has to be is decent and it would be great. Our WR corp is terrible, obviously. Nobody stepped up. Zach Miller got hurt (again) and is on IR. Even Pro-Bowlers Lewis & Jones-Drew are dropping balls. It's amazing that MJD is having such a great year on the ground.

no. that was just one weird poster who wouldnt shutup about him

This made me pause to think. You know what is missing this year? Somebody incessantly overhyping the abilities of one of the backup running backs. Where are the people that went to college with Delone Carter, or wore his number in high school, or coached him in pop warner and just know that he is going to take the NFL by storm? It just doesn't feel like the Colts forum without a perpetual thread about how the backup running back would be putting up Barry-Sanders-esque numbers if only the management wasn't holding him down.

Edited by JCPatriot

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Ranked 28th? By what metrics, genuinely curious because that seems incredibly low. They were top 10-15 in most statistical categories...   We have two young but promising corners, loading up on defense when you don't even know what you have in a quarterback just doesn't make sense to me. You do everything in your power to make that quarterback successful because that in itself gives you the BEST chance for success. You go as your quarterback does. Not you go as your corner does, or your safety or your edge rusher.   I'm not saying defense isn't important but it's less important than putting pieces around AR and giving him the biggest chance to be successful. Look at the Jets...could've easily been the leagues top defense with the amount of play makers they have on their roster...Team didn't go anywhere because they couldn't score.
    • The reason I dont like going with a Defensive end this year is I dont see a big upgrade over what we have.    
    • The Chiefs defense was absolutely elite last year and made up for a mediocre Mahomes (by his standards). Also, there are rankings to determine if defenses are good, bad, mediocre, and all that. You don't just get to say the large majority of defenses can be considered mediocre, stats and rankings prove otherwise. We don't go by the eye test anymore. The Colts had the 28th best defense last year. Those are the players we re-signed. I understand there were injuries and Stewart was out for 6 games (which hurt the run defense), but the secondary was terrible, and we should have traded for Sneed.    You do need an elite defense in the playoffs. The Chiefs beat the Bills, Dolphins, and Ravens in the playoffs with their defense last year to get to the SB. The Colts won their only SB with Peyton Manning because of their defense. The Broncos had Peyton Manning in the SB Vs the Seahawks when he scored 55 TDs that year, and they got destroyed by the Seahawks defense in the SB.   Defenses win Championships.
    • https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/tony-dungy-diversity-coaching-fellow-2024-indianapolis-colts-JV_IC1145013_KO0,41_KE42,60.htm?jl=1009097291976   All I could find is the job link.
  • Members

• cjwhiskers

cjwhiskers 838

• krunk

krunk 8,276

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,112

• KB

KB 1,089

• MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan 2,654

• husker61