Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can We Just Win A Few More Games To Get This Luck Talk Over With?

I just dont see us getting the 1st pick. There is no way we go from 10+ wins in mutiple seasons to ZERO wins. I dont like the idea of Luck on the bench for at least 3 years because if this year has shown anything we have a TON of holes to fill. This is a team and ANY QB needs a team.

My reasoning for getting the No.2 or No.3 pick is that there may not be a consensus pick at that point in time that those spots would be more ideal for the Colts to trade out of than the No.1 pick. I have no doubt we will pick Luck if we do get the No.1 pick, just my personal opinion.

But if we have the No.2 or No.3 pick, teams willing to take a chance on the next best QB like the Redskins or Seahawks would love to trade places with us and since our holes are numerous and across the board, can't think of a better scenario to get an extra 1st, 2nd and 3rd to move down from No.2 to No.5 or No.6 (easily obtainable based on trade value chart - http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php). That is the reason I am rooting for the Colts to end up with the No.2 or No.3 pick since Luck by himself is not going to solve our franchise's issues as they stand now, if drafted by the Colts.

Edited by chad72

I just dont see us getting the 1st pick. There is no way we go from 10+ wins in mutiple seasons to ZERO wins. I dont like the idea of Luck on the bench for at least 3 years because if this year has shown anything we have a TON of holes to fill. This is a team and ANY QB needs a team.

I don't know what we will do,but i think we win one game and 0-16 is a possibilty.The team seems to be getting worse.We had a stretch {pitts,kc,tb} that we played well,lately it's a stretch that we can beat anybody.

I just hate the whole idea of getting luck when we will have manning for 3-4 more years..5 at the max....That is just to much in my opinion to take a first round overall 1pick second string player that we expect to take over half a decade from now...when we have better concerns and needs on defense...Who knows what the qb class will look 3 or 4 years from now..

Just my opinion...Id hate to see someone get upset over my thoughts, because it seems like majority of our fans are riding Lucks Jock strap a little to tight!

Thank you.

I want us to win 2 or 3 so we can talk about having a good team in 2012 and not a LUCK-y team.

a team with the worst defense in the NFL cannot draft a QB

Thank you.

I want us to win 2 or 3 so we can talk about having a good team in 2012 and not a LUCK-y team.

a team with the worst defense in the NFL cannot draft a QB

Its not necessarily about Luck, its about having that #1 pick. Alittle annoyance is worth it. If the Colts win enough games and don't have the worst record, so be it.

Keep in mind though of we have the worst record not only will we have the number 1 pick, it will probably bring some coaching changes as well.