Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Decker

oldunclemark

I think him and his agent will look at contracts for Pierre Garcon, and Vincent Jackson to set the bar for Decker, and while I wouldn't agree I think a case could be made he should make a bit more than those 2.... 

Jackson got a 5yr-$55 contract in 2012 ($11)

Garcon got a 5yr-$42.5 contract in 2012 ($8.5)

Jackson was 29, the previous 3 years he had 142rec, 2,521yds, 21TDs, and missed 12 games....

Garcon was 26, the previous 3 years he had 184rec, 2,496yds, 16TDs, and missed 4 games...

Decker will be 27, the previous 3 years he had 216rec, 2,964yds, 32TDs, and missed 0 games...

If his agent is any good at what he does, Decker will be getting AT LEAST a 5yr-$50mill deal....

My god, what an * this ^ guy is......

Guess the market for Decker was pretty nil....$6 a year? thats crazy low, even for a guy I dont truly believe in. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he commands and what he gets will be 2 different things. He can command $8-10 mil. per year, he probably won't get it is my contention.

I believe he ends up with an avg. of $6-7 mil. per year tops but balanced out with more than half his contract guaranteed. If a team gives him more than that, I believe they will be overpaying because he is not a #1 wideout by any stretch of imagination, IMO.

TOLD YA ALL!!! :)

One game can expose a lot. 

Good for Decker getting the big pay day, but it will prove to be a bad move for the Jets.  He won't last there.

One game cannot expose a lot about any player ever

..but you cant be a great receiver next year...if Geno Smith is your QB

One game cannot expose a lot about any player ever

..but you cant be a great receiver next year...if Geno Smith is your QB

Sure it can.  if another exposes a guy as being a bit soft, others will take advantage of that in the future.  Just watch.  Next year, defensive backs will rough up Decker a bit in order to take him out of the game like Seattle did.

I'm still stunned by this...

....Did he really choose the Jets???

..Once the Bronocs signed Talib and Ware....the money wasn't there for ED to come back....to the mountains

...but why didn't he come to Indy...so many possibilities here

I would guess for the lure of playing in NY as well as the money. And he will be the #1 guy as well.

I'm still stunned by this...

....Did he really choose the Jets???

..Once the Bronocs signed Talib and Ware....the money wasn't there for ED to come back....to the mountains

...but why didn't he come to Indy...so many possibilities here

Did we offer him?.