Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Db Prince Miller Signed? (Merge)

Zachris

I don't think it does any good for the team to sign a player who we released because he couldn't stay healthy, and give him playing time over our very young guys who need to develop to see what they can do. They knew Marlin wasn't in our future so they parted ways with him. Might as well keep playing the young guys to try to get an idea of how well they're going to develop to see whether they're going to be a part of our future and if so in what capacity. This way we get a better idea of which positions are the highest priority going into the draft.

I would sign Marlin Jackson to see if he can return to old form with the colts, and then sign him long term if he is good. He's the same age as Kelvin Hayden, whom I wanted the colts to keep badly, and he should have been a part of our future but the colts released him when they should have resigned him. If anything, Jackson can play Nickleback for us, maybe start if he is good enough. I wouldn't bring in Jackson for temporary relief at the CB spot, more like long term if possible.

But we didn't sign him to help us at CB. We signed him to (hopefully) help us at PR. Why can't you understand that?

Also, who are we going to sign mid-season to help us out at corner? We can't afford anyone big (and there's no one out there anyway), and the trade deadline is over.

These are the moves every team makes. Your argument is baseless. It's anger for the sake of being angry.

Well of course now I see he's coming in to help with PR or KR but before it wasn't said at first that, thats why they signed him. It just said Colts sign CB Prince Miller which makes you think he's coming in to play in the secondary. But even still with the signing, we signed him Wednesday & he's probably gonna return punts & kick returns Sunday & that just makes me say thats why we rank at the bottom of the barrow in field position & our ST is so trashy every year. If they just plan to use him as the kick returner & punt returner, why not sign David Gilreath who's been on our practice squad this year & someone who we saw return punts & kicks good in the preseason?????

The videos don't show a lot of explosiveness, but he certainly takes better angles and does a better job of making people miss than what we have now. Use him on kickoffs too. Lefeged has enough to worry about trying to play safety.

The videos don't show a lot of explosiveness, but he certainly takes better angles and does a better job of making people miss than what we have now. Use him on kickoffs too. Lefeged has enough to worry about trying to play safety.

Got to love how they hit him BEFORE he caught the ball and he still ran it back.

He may have to get used that with us. :unsure:

Got to love how they hit him BEFORE he caught the ball and he still ran it back.

He may have to get used that with us. :unsure:

Exactly. Brief sample size, but he appears confident and aggressive and reasonably athletic. I like Lefeged because he's from Rutgers, but I am SICK of watching his horrendous decision making and his utter inability to make anybody miss.