Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A possible DT???

Exodus

So in the wake of the haynsworth trade, the Patriots have released DT Marcus Stroud. Should we persue this guy. Ive always thought the he was a monster of a DT. Sure, he i sgetting up there in age. But with the lack of depth at the DT possition currently, why not sign him to a 1-2 year deal.

Thoughts??

We won't do anything to improve and then give up 120 YPG again.

Relax, this D would have been a top 10 unit if not for all the injuries last season. Indy's D will be fine as long as the Manning is healthy and scoring the ball.

And Stroud has been cut now by Jax, Buff, and NE... I think he may be done.

Relax, this D would have been a top 10 unit if not for all the injuries last season. Indy's D will be fine as long as the Manning is healthy and scoring the ball.

And Stroud has been cut now by Jax, Buff, and NE... I think he may be done.

relax huh, we have been in the bottom 3rd of the league for the last 10 years vs the run, the colts philosophy of plug n play unknown players on our D line hasnt worked, wait and please dont say we havent found DT's to fit our scheme..its been 10 years n im ticked. The NFL has evolved to bigger, faster and stronger, and we are just fast. We constantly get mauled at the line vs the run and its sickening to watch. The problem has never been the offense, its our crappy run D, Instead of investing money into washed up free agents coming of injuries in times past like Booger Mcfarland, and Corey Simon, lets try investing money into a worthy FA and pay him.

A huge shot in the dark here.....but Amobi Okoye?

Depends on the price, but he's not shown to be much thus far. I wouldn't mind spinning his tires for the right price. He's still young and would at least bring some experience.