Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Incognito / Martin: Wells report released

ColtsBlueFL

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - quoted removed post

My lord you are stupid. reading 140 web pages doesn't take much time. this is a legal investigation not some crackheads opinion piece. Stop being a ninny and read what is presented In front of you.

I'm sure you read it too

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I was on a plan for 5.hours the other day, felt I mightas well educate myself on the subject.

But the knowledge you have gained from reading it is wasted on him.  He thinks only the Dolphin's players (that are close to Incognito) opinions of what is vulgar, racist, and harassment counts. 

IMO, this report is the beginning of things, not the end.  We'll see how it all goes down over the next few months.

Hard to believe that anyone is still trying to defend Richie Incognito. The guy was known as the dirtiest player in the NFL until Ndamakong Suh came along, was kicked out of two different college programs, and has worn out his welcome at three different NFL teams. He's been a locker room cancer everywhere he's been. If he wasn't an NFL player he'd either be in jail, the most obnoxious guy on a construction crew, or the loud mouth drunk that everyone in the bar avoids.

I'm expecting a Bountygate-style penalty for the assistant coach Turner who lied to investigators, and Incognito will probably get a suspension as well. Even if he isn't suspended I doubt anyone will touch him since his skills have declined to the point where he's a marginal starter anyway. You can be a world class knucklehead or an average player, but you can't be both and stay in the league.

This is my first post on Colts Forum. I am pleased to have found it, as almost all the posters here discuss the issues in a respectful and intelligent manner.

Anyway, it is good that the posters have stopped responding to the lone person who is defending Incognito. Like others, I cannot understand how anyone can defend Incognito. His behavior is not only unacceptable, but arguably criminal. He bullied at least 3 individuals, including a trainer. He sexually molested a woman at a charity golf event. He has a history of being kicked off teams. Yet, his behavior was condoned by his being named to the leadership council and was enabled by his position coach who participated in the taunting of at least one player.

I too read the report which really was not as long as the 144 pages may indicate. I read it in a few hours. There are many people to blame but offensive line coach Jim Turner is most to blame, IMO. He lied to investigators about his involvement and he sent many text messages to Martin imploring him to exonerate Incognito. In one message, he appeals to his character ["you are a man of character", "do the right thing" (in caps)]. Turner did not comport himself as the leader that he should have been and should be fired. Pouncey and Jerry should be suspended a few games just as Incognito was. I hope Martin is given another chance to play with a good, stable team like the Colts, Ravens, Giants, Seahawks, or maybe even the Steelers (maybe not because Pouncey's brother plays on the Steelers). Incognito should not play another down in the NFL. He would be better off playing for the now defunct XFL.

This is my first post on Colts Forum. I am pleased to have found it, as almost all the posters here discuss the issues in a respectful and intelligent manner.

Anyway, it is good that the posters have stopped responding to the lone person who is defending Incognito. Like others, I cannot understand how anyone can defend Incognito. His behavior is not only unacceptable, but arguably criminal. He bullied at least 3 individuals, including a trainer. He sexually molested a woman at a charity golf event. He has a history of being kicked off teams. Yet, his behavior was condoned by his being named to the leadership council and was enabled by his position coach who participated in the taunting of at least one player.

I too read the report which really was not as long as the 144 pages may indicate. I read it in a few hours. There are many people to blame but offensive line coach Jim Turner is most to blame, IMO. He lied to investigators about his involvement and he sent many text messages to Martin imploring him to exonerate Incognito. In one message, he appeals to his character ["you are a man of character", "do the right thing" (in caps)]. Turner did not comport himself as the leader that he should have been and should be fired. Pouncey and Jerry should be suspended a few games just as Incognito was. I hope Martin is given another chance to play with a good, stable team like the Colts, Ravens, Giants, Seahawks, or maybe even the Steelers (maybe not because Pouncey's brother plays on the Steelers). Incognito should not play another down in the NFL. He would be better off playing for the now defunct XFL.

Great first post. It's great to have self educating and non prejudiced people on the forum.

I agree this is one of the more realistic and logical views of the situation.

We all know that environment is not mainstream, the question is what is going to far that a citizen has their constitutional; rights violated because of said environment?

Well, why didn't Le Batard and his colleagues minimize and move on from the story when they found out Martin left the team by reporting something like:

"Martin personality too soft to continue, voluntarily resigns.  Dolphins and Martin are probably better off.  Too bad a second round choice was sacrificed in the experiment. Good luck Jonathan, and please don't litigate anything and ruin the testosterone filled locker room culture you aren't equipped to handle, OK?"

So it is OK to discriminate because of perception of personality that illegal harassment is allowed to remove the person?  I think we agree it cannot be so, no matter the history and culture.  There are lines that cannot be crossed, and this is to expose where that line definitively stands. Why can't one be left to do their work and let their performance define what they Can and Cannot do and judge them on that? Incognitos behavior was to break jmart, as he fined himself for finally doing; not team building.  I'd have a problem with this even if Incognito was the best O lineman to grace the game, which he is not... by far.

We all know that environment is not mainstream, the question is what is going to far that a citizen has their constitutional; rights violated because of said environment?

Well, why didn't Le Batard and his colleagues minimize and move on from the story when they found out Martin left the team by reporting something like:

"Martin personality too soft to continue, voluntarily resigns.  Dolphins and Martin are probably better off.  Too bad a second round choice was sacrificed in the experiment. Good luck Jonathan, and please don't litigate anything and ruin the testosterone filled locker room culture you aren't equipped to handle, OK?"

So it is OK to discriminate because of perception of personality that illegal harassment is allowed to remove the person?  I think we agree it cannot be so, no matter the history and culture.  There are lines that cannot be crossed, and this is to expose where that line definitively stands. Why can't one be left to do their work and let their performance define what they Can and Cannot do and judge them on that? Incognitos behavior was to break jmart, as he fined himself for finally doing; not team building.  I'd have a problem with this even if Incognito was the best O lineman to grace the game, which he is not... by far.

Do you really want to talk history & culture ???  

At least in Miami there crimes don't include murder ..  You realize inconito no matter what he has done only used words not a rifle .

There was no discrimination - words used they should'nt yes -slurs towards family members yes - When these lines were crossed he joked openly . If a person continues as if there is no problem then he shares all blame .

Bottom line is you just spoke up far more than Martin & thats on him parents should do a better job of raising boys to be men not calling home to mommy when it would have been more appropriate to talk to his head coach ..

Do you really want to talk history & culture ???  

At least in Miami there crimes don't include murder ..  You realize inconito no matter what he has done only used words not a rifle .

There was no discrimination - words used they should'nt yes -slurs towards family members yes - When these lines were crossed he joked openly . If a person continues as if there is no problem then he shares all blame .

Bottom line is you just spoke up far more than Martin & thats on him parents should do a better job of raising boys to be men not calling home to mommy when it would have been more appropriate to talk to his head coach ..

Exactly. While people are quick to pile on Incognito, there's players in the NFL that have done far worse (Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth) but receive nowhere near as much bad press.

Miami's best bet is to release both Incognito and Martin, but Incognito will find another club soon enough.

I am sorry I just don't care anymore.  It doesn't shock me that Icognito bullied another player.  He's been known as a jerk since before this.  My guess is he wont get picked up right away but someone sooner or later will give him another shot on a cheap contract.  Martin will probably get a look from another team if he wants to play. 

Exactly. While people are quick to pile on Incognito, there's players in the NFL that have done far worse (Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth) but receive nowhere near as much bad press.

Miami's best bet is to release both Incognito and Martin, but Incognito will find another club soon enough.

Whoa  hang on dude .  Race was not the issue .  over aggressive behavior  & momma talk was . As a child we learn or as a teenager we learn the lines we can & cannot cross & if we don't we run into someone who is tougher & lessons are learned . In incognito's world he was allowed to go to extremes because there was no checks & balances .

Anotherwards no man had the courage to speak up or out to him  going back to his college days & because of that he thought his actions on & off the field were okay .

He now realizes he was wrong only because he was caught acting the fool & he will be lucky if he ever plays in the NFL again there are lots of players replaced yearly in the draft or free agency that does not bring Incognito's baggage why would any GM want this dude in there clubhouse ?  He's nothing special in the first place ..

You don't have to commit murder to be incarcerated for a crime (and there is more than just words, but words can you in trouble too).  And the courts typically handle that large felony type of incidences (Aaron Hernandez). Inside a locker room, there is no court except the Kangaroo court (aptly named).  It is known even FO and coaches let the inmates run the asylum. So stand up to a 3 vs.1, or quit.  Martin opted for #2.  Violence isn't always the best answer.  Martin's absence from the team started the media firestorm, not Martin tattle telling - which Le Batard points out, was THE downfall here, in a behavior that is typically lauded. 

BTW, Incognito could also be served legal papers outside of football, if Martin so desires. Lester Munson reported (last Nov.) Martin could possibly win a 17 million dollar lawsuit in Florida with the items Wells has just uncovered.  More than he could likely make as a football player.  But he wants to make less and play football.  We'll see where it goes from here.