Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Incognito / Martin: Wells report released

ColtsBlueFL

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - quoted removed post

The post is a bad one.

I hate people that throw others under the bus

I think there was a reason why everyone on the dolphins had Ritchie's back. I think that all those players aren't stupid, and they knew what was going on more than us so I'll stick with what they said. Not the media who turns ever scenario into a race war

Martins texts incognito released show he's not a little innocent angel

:pkb:

It wasn't "everyone" it was three of the lineman and they went around as a "click" and bullied several people.  Your assertion that the players were behind "him" is naive to say the least.  There are 52 players in the locker room not to mention several coaches.  To the fact that the guy does some drugs and you don't want him to have ever have a job in the NFL again, but you think what Incognito did was just "run of the mill" stuff deserves a facepalm of epic proportions

My question is will anything happen to Jones and Pouncey?  They seem just as complicit as Incognito.  BTW those Pouncey brothers sure know how to pick friends.  Aaron Hernandez, Incognito. . . 

BTW Incognito deleted his twitter

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't "everyone" it was three of the lineman and they went around as a "click" and bullied several people.  Your assertion that the players were behind "him" is naive to say the least.  There are 52 players in the locker room not to mention several coaches.  To the fact that the guy does some drugs and you don't want him to have ever have a job in the NFL again, but you think what Incognito did was just "run of the mill" stuff deserves a facepalm of epic proportions

My question is will anything happen to Jones and Pouncey?  They seem just as complicit as Incognito.  BTW those Pouncey brothers sure know how to pick friends.  Aaron Hernandez, Incognito. . . 

lmao!!!!!!!!

I will go to the other extreme and say that both of these guys will find jobs with performance based incentives. When they do so will be based on NFL punishment.

If the NFL decides to punish Incognito to keep him off the field for half a season or more, you can bet other OL on the Dolphins that participated will also be punished.

Martin may choose to take a break after all for a year, I will not be surprised at all.

If you read my other post I said I had a positive experience with my teammates and yes it was the opposite of Martin's incident.  Racism and/or bullying is not a pleasant experience.  I don't think suicide entered my mind but remember I had no support group - yes my teammates had my back on certain situations but I was 4,000 miles from home, 18 and a freshman in a entirely different environment! 

Please I'm not saying my situation was worst off nor I'm saying Martin's situation is worst.  I wouldn't think of comparing or even ranking bullying and racism!  I'm saying I experienced it and it is not a pleasant situation!  No matter how unpleasant the situation was I try not to convey that situation on others.

Agreed, not a pleasant thing for either of you.  At least you did have your team, thankfully.  In some weird way, Martin is stronger than I thought.

I'm not against you just saying that racism/bullying is not a happy situation and violence is not an answer!  What I'm trying to say is stand up and maybe that backhand salute may and I say may gain you that respect.  That respect may not come from that backhand salute but I said that as an example.  If I can across wrong then I will try to choose my words carefully from this point on!

Well according to the report Martin would probably agree with you because he's had issues with sticking up for himself and sounds like he would like to 1 day, but not in a "professional" setting.

There's difficulty and uncertainty what can/will happen to Jerry and Pouncey.  Jerry is a UFA, so Dolphins will not be able to administer punitive measures on him proactively.  Pouncey is still finishing the last year of his rookie contract.  Dolphins 'could' try to administer some type of punitive measure proactively and hope the NFL deems it enough (probably hoping for just a fine). They also have to decide whether they resign Jerry, and keep Pouncey after this season finishes.  Incognito will probably get another shot during the season when injuries to teams begin to mount up, unfortunately.  Martin wants to play, but not sure if any team would give him a shot. John Clayton did mention the Colts though...

You do know that a very large part of this report cites what other players in the locker room say, correct? This isn't some Skip Bayless writing. This is an actual investigation, and it's 144 pages long. Maybe you should check it out.

ok well since i havent read it and you have please quote players names and whether or not they though what richie did was wrong rather than just post something with no substance

you all can think that this report is objective and youre very naive, there is no way they wouldnt make richie look bad to please the fans like you calling for his head without even knowing what really happened

'

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - shot at gabriel
Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - shot at gabriel

Name 1 member of the dolphins who came out when this all happened and said they thought Richie was wrong or a racist

You all can just screAm the report but until you post something of substance. I also restated I didn't think martin should not have a job solely because of his drug use but yeah ignore that to further reduce Gabriel's ability to read fluently and comprehend what is read, just what we all need.

Again none of you who want to bash me for speaking out how I feel have addressed the texts between Martin and incognito

I've seen this type of the thing before several times in elementary and middle school, one person is joking, the other is a sensitive wuss, and without sticking up for themselves r saying stop they just pull the rug out from under the person and just screw them so bad

In martins case it's probably because he was mentally unstable and insecure to begin with, and he wasn't going to leave the dolphins and say "yeah guys I'm unstable and insecure and want to kill myself" because that would end his career. Instead he yanked the rug from Ritchie and made his bad jokes THAt THEY BOTH participated in and make him out to be a racist biggot

ok well since i havent read it and you have please quote players names and whether or not they though what richie did was wrong rather than just post something with no substance

you all can think that this report is objective and youre very naive, there is no way they wouldnt make richie look bad to please the fans like you calling for his head without even knowing what really happened

'

maybe you should just read it.

'

If you read the report, you would have seen that despite claims that the locker room was behind Incognito, many of the players were disturbed by the cruelty he displayed towards his "friends". And Pouncey - Incognito's biggest supporter in the media - turns out to be just as complicit in this situation. Ted Wells isn't making Incognito look bad; he did that all himself.

I will go to the other extreme and say that both of these guys will find jobs with performance based incentives. When they do so will be based on NFL punishment.

If the NFL decides to punish Incognito to keep him off the field for half a season or more, you can bet other OL on the Dolphins that participated will also be punished.

Martin may choose to take a break after all for a year, I will not be surprised at all.

Martin is marketable...

Is Richie?   I really don't think so.

If you read the report, you would have seen that despite claims that the locker room was behind Incognito, many of the players were disturbed by the cruelty he displayed towards his "friends". And Pouncey - Incognito's biggest supporter in the media - turns out to be just as complicit in this situation. Ted Wells isn't making Incognito look bad; he did that all himself.

Nah man, it's clear that the NFL has it out for Incognito and this entire report is fabricated to make him look bad. /s

Nah man, it's clear that the NFL has it out for Incognito and this entire report is fabricated to make him look bad. /s

We'll since you ALL have read the 144 page report within 24 hours it should be pretty easy for someone to come up with a BUNCH of quotes from players saying Richie was wrong or a big got. Or is the reading comprehension on this site really that bad.

Should be pretty fresh in your head to give a quote from a named source. If I read 144 pages of something in 18 hours it'd be pretty fresh in my head.

You can keep giving these vague generality like, oh go read it yourself you don't know, or we'll mike pouncy was guilty too so no one supports him, but until I hear some kind of substance I don't have any reason to believe it sorry

We'll since you ALL have read the 144 page report within 24 hours it should be pretty easy for someone to come up with a BUNCH of quotes from players saying Richie was wrong or a big got. Or is the reading comprehension on this site really that bad

Ok. How about the part in the report were they repeatedly called an asian trainer by a bunch of racial slurs and threatened to beat him up because of Pearl Harbor?

Ok. How about the part in the report were they repeatedly called an asian trainer by a bunch of racial slurs and threatened to beat him up because of Pearl Harbor?

By the way, the report is double spaced so it's more like 77 pages. I'm sure you can handle it.

Page and quote please, and also a quote that shows they were being serious and not making an attempt at ill advised humor that's clearly just a bad joke

Page and quote please, and also a quote that shows they were being serious and not making an attempt at ill advised humor that's clearly just a bad joke

I can't quote because of profanity, but it's on page 26 of the report. And while yes, the physical assault part was obviously a joke, that still doesn't mean that they weren't being *s, and according to the report the guy was pretty offended.

We'll since you ALL have read the 144 page report within 24 hours it should be pretty easy for someone to come up with a BUNCH of quotes from players saying Richie was wrong or a big got. Or is the reading comprehension on this site really that bad.

Should be pretty fresh in your head to give a quote from a named source. If I read 144 pages of something in 18 hours it'd be pretty fresh in my head.

You can keep giving these vague generality like, oh go read it yourself you don't know, or we'll mike pouncy was guilty too so no one supports him, but until I hear some kind of substance I don't have any reason to believe it sorry

Here's a quote for you:

"One player, whom we found credible, said that Incognito was 'a good player, but he is kind of a disease; he divides a locker room. ... (Incognito) is the kind of guy who has to be the alpha male.' "

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - racist expression
Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - racist expression

I can't quote because of profanity, but it's on page 26 of the report. And while yes, the physical assault part was obviously a joke, that still doesn't mean that they weren't being *s, and according to the report the guy was pretty offended.

Again a dolphins player that said they were doing something wrong ( who is named) is what I want.

All these people come out of the woodwork wanting money in lawsuits when this stuff happens and being that I saw texts from Martin that make him look like a participant, I need to see some quotes by named teammates that say yeah man that Richie guy is the evil messed up racist you guys portray him as.

There are so many freaking colored people (not a bad thing) on football teams that I feel like if it was that bad there would bee a NUMBER of fights and I mean physical. Guys fight all the time in locker room over much less Trudy me I know from experience. I've been in locker rooms and guys fight over a lot less, not that that's a good thing.

Name 1 member of the dolphins who came out when this all happened and said they thought Richie was wrong or a racist

You all can just screAm the report but until you post something of substance. I also restated I didn't think martin should not have a job solely because of his drug use but yeah ignore that to further reduce Gabriel's ability to read fluently and comprehend what is read, just what we all need.

Again none of you who want to bash me for speaking out how I feel have addressed the texts between Martin and incognito

I've seen this type of the thing before several times in elementary and middle school, one person is joking, the other is a sensitive wuss, and without sticking up for themselves r saying stop they just pull the rug out from under the person and just screw them so bad

In martins case it's probably because he was mentally unstable and insecure to begin with, and he wasn't going to leave the dolphins and say "yeah guys I'm unstable and insecure and want to kill myself" because that would end his career. Instead he yanked the rug from Ritchie and made his bad jokes THAt THEY BOTH participated in and make him out to be a racist biggot

Of course nobody publicly is going to say he was wrong because their still is that "brotherhood." to the first bolded part, that makes no sense.  How is it that others can be in the NFL with prior drug use, but Martin cant? To the second bolded part that kind of crap needs to stay in elementary school and middle school.  I have seen my son go through it(the bullying) and yes you have to stand up to that but it was only after he(my son) had a strong understanding of the support system he had at home.  In the case of Martin, he had no one in his corner to help him through it.  All he had was those three stooges constantly peppering him with that kind of crap that no one should have to deal with.  Since your versed in knowing how bullying operates then you would understand that when they both were participating in the "ribbing" Martin was only doing it in hopes that it would ease up, which is what many bully victims do.

Okay so you want the page its page number 22  and here is the quote:

The Assistant Trainer

We found that the Assistant Trainer, who was born in Japan, was the 
target of frequent and persistent harassment, including insults relating to his race and 
national origin. Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey admitted that they directed racially 
derogatory words toward him, including “Jap” and “Chinaman.” At times, according to 
Martin, they referred to the Assistant Trainer as a “dirty communist” or a “North 
Korean,” made demands such as “give me some water you f chink,” spoke to him 
in a phony, mocking Asian accent, including asking for “rubby rubby sucky sucky,” and 
called his mother a “rub and tug masseuse.” Martin and others informed us that 
Incognito and Jerry taunted the Assistant Trainer with jokes about having sex with his 
girlfriend. Incognito admitted that these types of comments were made to the Assistant 
Trainer. 
On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl 
Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that 
featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly 
threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor 
attack. According to Martin, the Assistant Trainer confided in him that he was upset 
about the Pearl Harbor comments, finding them derogatory toward his heritage.

is that good enough for you.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - quoted removed post

Again a dolphins player that said they were doing something wrong ( who is named) is what I want.

All these people come out of the woodwork wanting money in lawsuits when this stuff happens and being that I saw texts from Martin that make him look like a participant, I need to see some quotes by named teammates that say yeah man that Richie guy is the evil messed up racist you guys portray him as.

There are so many freaking colored people (not a bad thing) on football teams that I feel like if it was that bad there would bee a NUMBER of fights and I mean physical. Guys fight all the time in locker room over much less Trudy me I know from experience. I've been in locker rooms and guys fight over a lot less, not that that's a good thing.

Named? Are you kidding me? You're not going to find someone who has their name attached to a quote that is negative.

Here's a quote for you:

"One player, whom we found credible, said that Incognito was 'a good player, but he is kind of a disease; he divides a locker room. ... (Incognito) is the kind of guy who has to be the alpha male.' "

Again no name not credible, doesn't prove incognito was anything more than that someone that divides the locker room, randy moss t.o? Lots of people in nfl have divided lockerrooms

Again no name not credible, doesn't prove incognito was anything more than that someone that divides the locker room, randy moss t.o? Lots of people in nfl have divided lockerrooms

You're not going to find anyone who is going to attach their name to a negative quote and invite scrutiny.

Named? Are you kidding me? You're not going to find someone who has their name attached to a quote that is negative.

Why not if incognito was this huge. Black guy bashed racist ok * harasser wouldn't ONE black guy on the team stand up and be like he was wrong. I don't think all 53 dolphins players are spineless

So now that we give you actual quotes and page numbers you want something else.  Seems like your just trying to get a rise out of people.  You and I as well as the forum all know that the players were supporting incognito, the only problem is; they only saw they surface stuff, i'm sure that they didn't see the text messages or were aware of the vm that were left.  Thats okay though, you live in your little bubble where you are right and everyone else is wrong.  SMH :facepalm:

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - reviewing
Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - reviewing

Of course nobody publicly is going to say he was wrong because their still is that "brotherhood." to the first bolded part, that makes no sense.  How is it that others can be in the NFL with prior drug use, but Martin cant? To the second bolded part that kind of crap needs to stay in elementary school and middle school.  I have seen my son go through it(the bullying) and yes you have to stand up to that but it was only after he(my son) had a strong understanding of the support system he had at home.  In the case of Martin, he had no one in his corner to help him through it.  All he had was those three stooges constantly peppering him with that kind of crap that no one should have to deal with.  Since your versed in knowing how bullying operates then you would understand that when they both were participating in the "ribbing" Martin was only doing it in hopes that it would ease up, which is what many bully victims do.

For the last time dud

Okay so you want the page its page number 22  and here is the quote:

is that good enough for you.

For the last time, drug use is not the reason I don't want martin to have a job. Great job reading.

That isn't enough because it's not a player, it's an assistant who views this as $$$$ opportunity

I just don't see it as a coincidence that NO players spoke out against the racist incognito, when the majority are black! How do u not see this.

So now that we give you actual quotes and page numbers you want something else. Seems like your just trying to get a rise out of people. You and I as well as the forum all know that the players were supporting incognito, the only problem is; they only saw they surface stuff, i'm sure that they didn't see the text messages or were aware of the vm that were left. Thats okay though, you live in your little bubble where you are right and everyone else is wrong. SMH :facepalm:

Yeah and u live in yours where you ignore martins antics as well

And from the beginning I said I wanted player quotes I didn't change my stance at all but you have proven you pick and choose what to read so yeah

Kinda funny how without reading the report I knew no players spoke out, that report doesn't prove squat

Yeah and u live in yours where you ignore martins antics as well

And from the beginning I said I wanted player quotes I didn't change my stance at all but you have proven you pick and choose what to read so yeah

Kinda funny how without reading the report I knew no players spoke out, that report doesn't prove squat

ohhhhk

your right.

So now that we give you actual quotes and page numbers you want something else.  Seems like your just trying to get a rise out of people.  You and I as well as the forum all know that the players were supporting incognito, the only problem is; they only saw they surface stuff, i'm sure that they didn't see the text messages or were aware of the vm that were left.  Thats okay though, you live in your little bubble where you are right and everyone else is wrong.  SMH :facepalm:

Also why would an assistant trainer give them Asian head bands to guys that hated him and mocked his race? This is the nfl if you think these guys aren't going to say this stuff to each other on the field being dead serious instead of joking like Richie u are mistaken. Guys say much worse stuff on the field about people's mother waves and MEAN it. If you can't handle some bad jokes in the locker room u sure as heck can't handle that.

We found that the Assistant Trainer, who was born in Japan, was the

target of frequent and persistent harassment, including insults relating to his race and

national origin. Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey admitted that they directed racially

derogatory words toward him, including “Jap” and “Chinaman.” At times, according to

Martin, they referred to the Assistant Trainer as a “dirty communist” or a “North

Korean,” made demands such as “give me some water you * chink,” spoke to him

in a phony, mocking Asian accent, including asking for “rubby rubby sucky sucky,” and

called his mother a “rub and tug masseuse.” Martin and others informed us that

Incognito and Jerry taunted the Assistant Trainer with jokes about having sex with his

girlfriend. Incognito admitted that these types of comments were made to the Assistant

Trainer.

On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl

Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that

featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly

threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor

attack. According to Martin, the Assistant Trainer confided in him that he was upset

about the Pearl Harbor comments, finding them derogatory toward his heritage.

No one is making any of this up man. It's not a joke or a poor attempt at humor. It's bullying and cruel. End of story.

No one is making any of this up man. It's not a joke or a poor attempt at humor. It's bullying and cruel. End of story.

Why did the trainer give them headbands to taunt him more? The guy wants $$$ that's all

It's no coincidence no players spoke out, you all can say OH players will never speak out or say something negative about the organization, just look at the Cleveland caveliers something is clearly going on there and everyone is speaking out about how they want out. Why would all these black players choose not to when the whole world is willing to side with them? What motivation do they have for not saying yeah Ritchie's a Bigfoot racist and the on,y one who does that stuff? If he was they would have all the reason in the world to speak out against Him. people love to pull the race card at any opportunity, I just can't get over the fact that not one player on the dolphins is speaking out when they're mostly black and the guy is an accused racist, and the texts between Martin and incognito just further my point.

Why did the trainer give them headbands to taunt him more? The guy wants $$$ that's all

It's no coincidence no players spoke out, you all can say OH players will never speak out or say something negative about the organization, just look at the Cleveland caveliers something is clearly going on there and everyone is speaking out about how they want out. Why would all these black players choose not to when the whole world is willing to side with them? What motivation do they have for not saying yeah Ritchie's a Bigfoot racist and the on,y one who does that stuff? If he was they would have all the reason in the world to speak out against Him. people love to pull the race card at any opportunity, I just can't get over the fact that not one player on the dolphins is speaking out when they're mostly black and the guy is an accused racist, and the texts between Martin and incognito just further my point.

When interviewed about these matters, the Assistant Trainer initially

pleaded that he not be required to answer certain questions, implying that he could not be

forthright because he was concerned about losing the trust of the players. We did not find the Assistant Trainer’s denials believable. Notably, hours

after Martin left the team on October 28, the Assistant Trainer sent him a text message

indicating that he had indeed been personally offended by the insults directed at him by

Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey: “Hey JM I understand how [y]ou feel man... They are

relentless sometime.... Some day I wanna do exactly what you did today.” The ceaseless racial ridicule directed at the Assistant

Trainer was appalling and plainly over the line in any workplace.

He does not want money. The assistant trainer did not want to be involved in this investigation, not because he was culpable, but because he was afraid. I seriously don't understand why you're trying to defend this.  No one is out to get Richie. He is not a scapegoat.

You keep mentioning that "all these black players" didn't think Richie was racist. But you're failing to acknowledge that Pouncey was also involved in this situation, which makes his support of Incognito quite easy to understand. And the racial element is only a small part of this investigation anyway.

He does not want money. The assistant trainer did not want to be involved in this investigation, not because he was culpable, but because he was afraid. I seriously don't understand why you're trying to defend this.  No one is out to get Richie. He is not a scapegoat.

You keep mentioning that "all these black players" didn't think Richie was racist. But you're failing to acknowledge that Pouncey was also involved in this situation, which makes his support of Incognito quite easy to understand. And the racial element is only a small part of this investigation anyway.

I disagree I think the media has made two main focal points racism, and bullying/harassment. If the assistant trainer didnt want to be involved in the investigation then he wouldn't have been. That seems like a lot of subjective opinions. Just because he didn't want to answer every question doesn't mean he didn't want to participate, it means he wanted to cover his a$$$ to not lose his $$. How would he lose anymore trust with the players then he alreAdy lost by doing it? That doesn't make sense.

I disagree I think the media has made two main focal points racism, and bullying/harassment. If the assistant trainer didnt want to be involved in the investigation then he wouldn't have been. That seems like a lot of subjective opinions. Just because he didn't want to answer every question doesn't mean he didn't want to participate, it means he wanted to cover his *$ to not lose his $$. How would he lose anymore trust with the players then he alreAdy lost by doing it? That doesn't make sense.

With all due respect, you aren't making much sense. There isn't any money to be gained here by the assistant trainer. He hasn't spoken out in the media or even been mentioned at all throughout this investigation until yesterday's report was released. The trainer was clearly worried about his job security. And it's not a subjective opinion. The NFL recruited a separate investigative panel so that their findings would be objective. Ted Wells did the job he was asked to do. And he did it well, in my opinion.

And it should be mentioned that the assistant trainer was not the only additional target of Incognito. The report mentioned that Incognito, Pouncey, and Jerry tormented yet another linesman that refused to be mentioned by name. He was bullied for his sexual orientation amongst other things. Even you somehow rationalize Incognito's behavior towards Martin, I don't see how you can justify the way he treated the trainer or the other anonymous linesman. I mean really, the list of Incognito's victims grows longer by the day.

'

It is objective. And you saying you haven't read it just further proves my point. It constantly shows what many players thought throughout the whole thing, so instead of asking me to, how about you take about a minute to read a page or two before even replying?

And no, this report isn't just to make fans happy. If you think that, you're just plain ignorant. Again, the NFL hired a private investigator to do this, and it's really well put together.

And when have i called for Incognito's head? He's a terrible person for tormenting his teammates, but i never said anything about him being banned. Quit acting like he did nothing wrong