Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BJ Raji.......

Needs to stay healthy says alot. Alot of players are really good - if only they stayed healthy. :)

But as of now, it won't have an effect. He played really solid.

Health issues will be dealt with over time. Not one season, where a player missed 6 games.

Redding and RJF are not the problem. Why get rid of our better DEs/ DTs for a when you can upgrade back ups?

Because so many here are infatuated with the newest, the latest...   they want new, new, new, new, new!

Like a kid wanting more toys under the Christmas tree...    they want new players...  more players....

Raji is not special. In fact, in his most productive season when he was a rookie, things seemed to fall in his lap vs. his own ability to create disruptions. On the other hand, we can't keep saying our guys are good (i.e. Redding, RJF, Chapman, etc.) if in most games, the opposition averages 4.0-4.5 ypc, usually with at least one explosive run. Raji's not the answer, but it baffles me that no matter who the management is or who the coaches are, the Indy Colts can not find people or strategy to stop the run consistently. It's certainly not as important to stop the run as it was 20 years ago, but we at least need to be middle of the pack in ypc.

Raji is not special. In fact, in his most productive season when he was a rookie, things seemed to fall in his lap vs. his own ability to create disruptions. On the other hand, we can't keep saying our guys are good (i.e. Redding, RJF, Chapman, etc.) if in most games, the opposition averages 4.0-4.5 ypc, usually with at least one explosive run. Raji's not the answer, but it baffles me that no matter who the management is or who the coaches are, the Indy Colts can not find people or strategy to stop the run consistently. It's certainly not as important to stop the run as it was 20 years ago, but we at least need to be middle of the pack in ypc.

Yeah, I think we need someone to rotate in with Chapman at NT, but not someone who is going to want starter's money or anything like that. Raji would be a good rotational NT, but he probably won't come at the right value for us.

Raji's best season was his 2nd season, not his rookie.

Have you seen the Packers defense since winning that Super Bowl?

Um.....yeah. Raji isn't anything special. Sure he's better than the other supreme overrated player that they gave a contract to (AJ Hawk) but this guy has done absolutely nothing since 2010. In fact none of their superstars have done anything since 2010 with the exception of Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson in the twilight of his career back in 2011.

Go watch clips of the Packers defense after they lost Matthews this year. They were god awful, they have been god awful since after winning the Super Bowl but when Matthews wasn't on the field they absolutely could not get any pressure whatsoever and QB's had all day to sit back and run a marathon of passing since GB's secondary is one of the worst in the league when it comes to blown coverage, missed tackles and extreme boneheaded moves by the CB's and Safeties.

We could really use this guy up front, I don't mind seeing RJF or Cory redding get the boot

He hasnt been as disruptive as he was in years past, Redding is one of the best if not the best D-Lineman we have. RJF im not so sold on, he's been solid i guess you can saw but not as disruptive as you would like.