Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why In The World Would You Draft Luck

also consider the Colts are playing the AFC North and NFC South, two divisions that could finish overall with better records than the AFC West and NFC East that Miami is playing. Well, really it comes down to the NFC South vs. NFC East. Prior to the season beginning the East would have looked like stiffer competition but as of now they're pretty much even. Also, one of the 2 teams the Colts are playing in their "first place schedule" is KC who has gone from first to worst in their division. People can predict all they want, but no way to know for sure until the final games are played and it's going to be pretty close.

Disagree. Miami's division is much tougher.. sure our schedule SEEMS tough because of all the good teams we face. But Miami faces an even tougher schedule for sure. We will find out 8 more games from now. but all this is moot, because Miami finally won a game against KC. So they are looking pretty good compared to us.

They are looking pretty good compared to us? Ha, what is 1 win when there are 7 games left on our the schedule?

I never called you anything before, but a liar is suitable right now... don't make stuff up. And obviously I think we will win multiple games this year.

I am a LIAR because i correctly know we will not win a game this year??? Seriously. What multiple games are we going to win Ramblinwreck7, I really would like to know.. I'm giving you a chance to answer this on paper and lay it all out on the line.

I am a LIAR because i correctly know we will not win a game this year??? Seriously. What multiple games are we going to win Ramblinwreck7, I really would like to know.. I'm giving you a chance to answer this on paper and lay it all out on the line.

...(facepalm)... should I even respond to this?

Whatever, maybe you should go back and read my post again... you will find your answer there. But since I know youprobably won't, I'll explain it for you. You said that I call you a lot of things which is simply not true because I have never called you anything before.

You do pass on it if it's not what your team needs. He's not what this team needs.

Yeah, how'd that mentality work out for the Portland Trailblazers and Sam Bowie in 1984? The #3 pick right after (they thought they didn't need) became the greatest to ever play his sport. You don't pass on that potential, unlee you want to go down in history making the biggest draft blunder of your sport.

The time and player is right.

Yeah, how'd that mentality work out for the Portland Trailblazers and Sam Bowie in 1984? The #3 pick right after (they thought they didn't need) became the greatest to ever play his sport. You don't pass on that potential, unlee you want to go down in history making the biggest draft blunder of your sport. The time and player is right.

No it's not.

And I backed mine up with a true example that supports my opinion, yes? ;)

Maybe, but I stopped doing that a week ago. I've already said the same thing like 50 times so I don't like repeating it to the same people. I don't recognize your username though, but I didn't feel like writing a detailed description of why I think that we shouldn't draft Andrew Luck. 2 point guards can play at the same time while 2 quaterbacks can't anyways.

There's good arguments on the other side, but question is, will Colts be in a situation to grab a top tier QB in the next 4 years? If we go back to winning ways, I think not. Peyton retires and we go to the basement for 4-5 years while we scurry to rebuild the franchise. Peyton hides problems and the new issues won't be revealed until he move on into retirement.

There's good arguments on the other side, but question is, will Colts be in a situation to grab a top tier QB in the next 4 years? If we go back to winning ways, I think not. Peyton retires and we go to the basement for 4-5 years while we scurry to rebuild the franchise. Peyton hides problems and the new issues won't be revealed until he move on into retirement.

Yes we would be in a great position in the next 4 years because, along with whatever additional 2012 picks we would get in the trade, we would also get at minimum an additional first round pick in 2013. Depending on how the team does that we trade with, this could be a top 10 pick, especially if we trade with MIami because even with Luck, they're overall not really anywhere near contending against NYJ and the Pats. They might be able to edge out Buffalo as the 3rd best team but still incredibly unlikely they'd not be in the top 10. There are also reports currently that the Luck pick woudld not only garner an additional first rounder in 2013 but also in 2014, so that would be 2 years in a row with 2 first round picks.

If this guy is what he is "supposed to be"...you just don't pass on a talent like that.

It could set up that position for the next 10-15 years.

And we draft pretty well in other rounds too. It's like people think if we don't draft Luck, then this magical player we do draft is what will fix us now. "He" won't.

Well said. And with Polians history of 1st round bust picks lately, even he cannot screw up this gift-wrapped choice. And our 2nd round pick 1 is just like what we normally pick as a (1st round pick 31) every year anyway.