Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On the bolded part, how am I being a bit over dramatic here.  If the player just played football and left all the other junk alone then we would not be having this discussion.

The non bolded part I pretty much agree with.  Look what happened Collins, he "came out" was praised by the media, was traded and then released.  Some will say it's because his career was on a downward trend and it was but that is not the reason the Wizards released him.

That's not technically how it went with Collins. He was a free agent when he "came out.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Answered the best you could and thats all you need to do. Careful though, I had posts removed from this thread because I was honest about my feelings on the subject and when I asked why, well I have yet to receive an answer. I insulted nobody and made no rude or off color remarks. Just my honest feelings about this subject. I find it so hypocritical that those who claim to be so tolerent are only that way if everybody agree's with their views otherwise the intolerance flows through and their real feelings come out. Im so tolerant and open minded...as long as you think exactly as I do.(rolls eyes)!

I hope my posts don't get deleted but I did agree to be censored if the the moderators feel it's necessary.  It's when the govt. start arresting or killing people for voicing their viewpoint that I will get worried (so yes, I am very worried but that is a topic for another board). 

And I completely agree, that attitude of, "you will be tolerant and believe exactly as I do or your opinion will not matter," they make up words like "homophobe" (which means fear of same, so it is not accurate at all)  is almost beyond comprehension especially since those that are like that do not see anything wrong with that attitude.

That's not technically how it went with Collins. He was a free agent when he "came out.

Could be, I was going on a timeline i found on Wikipedia.  Came out in April 2013, Traded to the Wizards in July of 2013 and then released.  But I don't follow basketball closely enough to know all the ins and outs of a players status when they are traded, etc.