Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bad News For Pat Fans

If you are well aware of Brady's deal , why do you post that his signing bonus was 3 mill ?  We shall see on Talib. I'll say he gets 7-8 mill min. Would you like to put a # on it....or just generalize ?

I should have typed 30 not 3. But the point was the overall deal is still well under an elite QB salary and is saving the Pats a lot on the cap.

Do you think he will get 7-8 mil from the Pats? I think they want him closer to 6 mil per year but maybe 7. I would think four years with a lot of playing time incentives. I don't think he gets much higher than that from any team just because there are a lot of DBs on the market and he does have weaknesses to his game when he plays small/quick receivers combined with the injury issues and off-field problems which to his credit he seems to have rectified since he has been with the Pats.

I should have typed 30 not 3. But the point was the overall deal is still well under an elite QB salary and is saving the Pats a lot on the cap.

Do you think he will get 7-8 mil from the Pats? I think they want him closer to 6 mil per year but maybe 7. I would think four years with a lot of playing time incentives. I don't think he gets much higher than that from any team just because there are a lot of DBs on the market and he does have weaknesses to his game when he plays small/quick receivers combined with the injury issues and off-field problems which to his credit he seems to have rectified since he has been with the Pats.

I'm not sure about some of the other CB's on the market. Grimes is 31 and no way Davis hits the open market. Hard to believe GB lets Shields go . I'm not sure that there will be that many options available that would be close to Talib as far as talent goes.

I'm not sure about some of the other CB's on the market. Grimes is 31 and no way Davis hits the open market. Hard to believe GB lets Shields go . I'm not sure that there will be that many options available that would be close to Talib as far as talent goes.

Seattle has their CBs as well - Browner and Thurmond. I really like Thurmond. And then there is DRC and I think Antonio Cromartie as well although I may be mistaken about him. Tillman for the Bears although he is up there an age. Corey Graham from the Ravens. Then there are those guys you listed that are expected to sign but I would not rule out Shields. GB's FO is very tight when it comes to FA especially defensive ones.

I think Talib is pretty much in the middle of the pack of those guys with age on his side which is a big plus but is balanced with his injury history. I really want the Pats to sign him because he actually gets Bill's system and plays well in it. Bright football IQ for sure. He is big and physical and the Pats have other smaller DBs for the quicker receivers (Ryan, Dennard) and they have a very good nickel/slot CB in Arrington.

This is what irks me about the Pats to be honest. They find guys that fit their system but at times will not pony up because they want them at their price. By no means do I want them to spend a ton to keep Talib but if he leaves over a million dollars more per year or an extra year then I am going to be angry.