Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Ryan Says 'my Chance Will Come' As Head Coach In Nfl

ReMeDy

Those numbers are phenomenal from a Colts perspective. I'd love to have the 4th ranked rushing defense in the league.

Here are the Colts:

OFFENSE

15.1 pts (30th)

294.9 yds (30th)

192.8 pass yds (27th)

102.1 rush yds (22nd)

DEFENSE

31.5 pts (32nd)

402.9 yds (31st)

258.9 pass yds (22nd)

144.0 rush yds (31st)

We cannot do anything on the field. Rob Ryan would unquestionably make our team better. By how much is uncertain, but it cannot get any worse than what we have now!

Edited by ReMeDy

Rob Ryan likes to run the 3-4 and we don't have the personnel for it here. I don't think he will be our next head coach

maybe we do. nevis or aj can play NT. freeney and mathis stay at end. connor moves inside with angerer and wheeler and sims on the outside.

he ran a 4-3 in Cleveland. So its not like the 3-4 is a must if he where to come. If he where to come id like to see him run a bit of both. We don't have the personnel to run a base 3-4, but we do for the 4-3 (obviously). Personally im tired of the "This is what where gunna do, try and beat us" mentality the colts have had in who knows how long now. Because bottom line is...they do know what where gunna do, and they will beat us. Its time we upgraded to the 2000s here. Move Freeney around, stand him up, put him and Mathis on 1 side, i don't care but this same look defense is old, exposed and useless. Offenses are simply to good at this day in age. We got talent on that side of the ball but when the offense knows where everyone is going to be its easy. So im all for bringing in Rob Ryan, plus he has got Mr. Bradys number, which only helps his cause.

he ran a 4-3 in Cleveland. So its not like the 3-4 is a must if he where to come. If he where to come id like to see him run a bit of both. We don't have the personnel to run a base 3-4, but we do for the 4-3 (obviously). Personally im tired of the "This is what where gunna do, try and beat us" mentality the colts have had in who knows how long now. Because bottom line is...they do know what where gunna do, and they will beat us. Its time we upgraded to the 2000s here. Move Freeney around, stand him up, put him and Mathis on 1 side, i don't care but this same look defense is old, exposed and useless. Offenses are simply to good at this day in age. We got talent on that side of the ball but when the offense knows where everyone is going to be its easy. So im all for bringing in Rob Ryan, plus he has got Mr. Bradys number, which only helps his cause.

I thought he ran the 3-4 in Cleveland (with big Shaun Rogers), but they converted to a 4-3 this year (thus the release of Rogers). I could be wrong though.

PS. how about them Blue Bombers? Swaggerville

I thought he ran the 3-4 in Cleveland (with big Shaun Rogers), but they converted to a 4-3 this year (thus the release of Rogers). I could be wrong though.

PS. how about them Blue Bombers? Swaggerville

I think the Cleveland defense was primarily a 3-4, though they used several different alignments. Here's an article I found that showed some of the different alignments he's used both with Cleveland and Dallas. I like the variety and I also like that at one time or another he's been position coach for the the DL, LB and DBs as well as obviously having been DC. Not many DCs have been position coaches for each defensive group prior to moving up to DC...typically they specialize in one area.

http://dallascowboystimes.com/2011/02/rob-ryans-defensive-fronts-the-46-psycho-and-cloud/

I like the Ryans and I definitely think Rob will get his chance as HC sooner rather than later and I'd have no problem at all with that being with the Colts. :)