Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

your favorite win of the season

CR91

You have a lot of good ones

Luck beats his former coach

Colts ruin Peyton's return to Indy

Colts beat the eventual Superbowl champs as we were the only non-divisional team to do so

Sweeping our division

The great comeback against the chiefs.

I liked the San Francisco win.  We clicked in all 3 phases of the game and 'unfortunately' were mentioned as a Super Bowl contender.

Bradshaw went down...Reggie went down and it took a couple of weeks to find a receiver to step up.

The San Fran game was a defensive gem!!!   :pass:  :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!

I like the Seahawks game and the Broncos. But the most excited game that gave me a emotional roller coaster ride was week 9 at Texans. We were basically blown out at halftime 21-3. Then came back in to win it all in final score 27-24. This game really prepared the Colts for the Chiefs knowing that they are the kings of comebacks. 

Best game to watch easily the chiefs playoff game, Lucks clutch ability is uncomparable to anyone in the NFL right now, that bomb to TY late in the 4th to take the lead was something else.

Best Colts performance of the year would be the 49ers game, of San Fran 4 losses they had this season we were the only team to simply dominate them, in their house as well. Our D and Run game easily put on their best performances in this game.

......and of course the Broncos game, Seawhawks, both Texans games..lol they were all goooood

Taught me to NEVER doubt captain comeback again.

Don't even start. Jim Harbaugh was the Colts "Captain Comeback".

Nobody even tried to bring that name back for Peyton, and he's got more comebacks than anyone. (Not that there haven't been about 138 others given that nickname in the history of the league).

but I have never seen a play like the Luck-Superman Fumble Recovery leap into the endzone to officially get us back into the KC game...

so I guess the KC comeback extravaganza...

Exactly - that's going to be viewed as a signature play of Lucks career, and an all-time great Colts playoff moment. I don't know how you pick another game.

Win against Peyton.

Favorite play...Mathis' long time coming strip sack/fumble of Peyton in that game.

That play made me wince & recoil when I saw that unfold LIVE. I have never seen Peyton get blindsided like that. He was looking downfield & then wham! I was just relieved that Manning was okay. 

Peyton has such a quick release that a mishap like that rarely ever happens. It was shocking to see. 

I liked the San Francisco win.  We clicked in all 3 phases of the game and 'unfortunately' were mentioned as a Super Bowl contender.

Bradshaw went down...Reggie went down and it took a couple of weeks to find a receiver to step up.

The San Fran game was a defensive gem!!!   :pass:  :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!

My sentiments exactly Brent. It was just beautiful to watch. 

I gotta go with the road win versus San Francisco.

We just physically pounded them....and got a glimpse of what this "monster" will hopefully do on a regular basis in the coming years.

Precisely PAC56. That was a foreshadowing game of potential INDY Greatness. Now, if we could turn those brilliant flashes into 8 duplicate games of total domination that would be so spectacular. 

Favorite play...Mathis' long time coming strip sack/fumble of Peyton in that game.

So you enjoyed seeing a Colt legend have his arms pinned while driven helplessly face first into the ground by 250 pounds of muscle moving at a high rate of speed? How nice.

Mathis has long been one of my favorite Colts, but I lost a lot of respect for him on that play - all he had to do was knock the ball loose. I detest "intent to injure" plays regardless of who's involved, but when it's a 37 year old "friend" with neck issues who's so important to the league, it's just selfish, cruel, and classless.

The hardest loss for us for that AZ Cardinals game. Man, that game was just brutal. No, SW1 is not trying to change CR91's topic here. I just want to know that INDY took her lumps, learned from this devastating loss, & is ready for a Bruce Arians re-match should we face them again next year. 

That's my benchmark: When my favorite team gets whipped behind the woodshed, how do we respond? 

That's not true at all.

If that was your favorite, OK, but I don't see what unrealistic "nobody loves us" sentiments have to do with it.

I don't recall anyone outside of maybe 1 or 2 guys picking the Colts. Andrew wasn't supposed to beat Peyton in a shootout yet. & every football fan I talked to during that week thought Peyton was about to annihilate the Colts.

But fine, I'll say the Broncos were clearly the favorites to be correct. Better?

So you enjoyed seeing a Colt legend have his arms pinned while driven helplessly face first into the ground by 250 pounds of muscle moving at a high rate of speed? How nice.

Mathis has long been one of my favorite Colts, but I lost a lot of respect for him on that play - all he had to do was knock the ball loose. I detest "intent to injure" plays regardless of who's involved, but when it's a 37 year old "friend" with neck issues who's so important to the league, it's just selfish, cruel, and classless.

You do bring up a valid point MAC. It is disturbing on here when some forum fans take jubilant glee in hitting Peyton Manning hard. Now, I realize that 18 is now a Bronco & no longer a Colt, but this willingness to erase everything Manning did in INDY does trouble me too. I can't lie. I will always respect Peyton & revere him for what he did for the City of Indianapolis & football lore in the Hoosier State. I agree 100% MAC.

Yes, some people on here may think I was rough on Peyton yesterday over the SB loss, but I will always honor his legacy & I was only dissecting the QB separate from the man & his good deeds etc. etc. Or rather, I was pointing out that good deeds done by Manning cannot be used as a shield to protect him from constructive criticism about his role in the loss as the franchise QB Sunday night. 

He is still an exceptional QB. That fact will never change, fade, or diminish in my eyes. 

I enjoyed it thoroughly :)

If you don't want to see him hit the ground then tell him he should retire. This is football. this isn't a bunch of friends meeting out on the field for a fun day of tossing the ball around.