Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Will Practice But Not Play In Games

theking213

Probably didn't need to start another thread but meh

The one I posted yesterday was from ESPN and it suggested that Peyton might make an appearance in December.

But this NBC Sports article based on the same Bill Polian radio show, emphasizes that the Colts management has no plans to let Peyton play in actual Sunday games, but want him to start practicing so they can see where he is health-wise.

Also they need to see where he's at so they can make a decision before deciding whether to pay him another $28 million in early March 2012. 

The main reasons they don't want him to play this season is because of the O-Line that is battered to pieces.

The full article is here

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/01/polian-wants-peyton-to-practice-not-play/

It's not long.

So fare every early round draft pick the colts have gotten has been HOF worthy... who ever they take im pretty excited to see how they perform.. wish it was a defensive player next year.

If the Colts were actually good at evaluating talent they would be able to pick All-Star quality defensive players in later rounds of the draft

Here are guys that were named to the All decade team and were drafted after the first round:

Brian Dawkins

Michael Strahan

Jason Taylor

La'roi Glover

Joey Porter

Zachary Thomas

Ronde Barber

Brian Dawkins

Darren Sharper

Good players don't just exist in the first round. But idk if the Colts are good enough at evaluating talent to make the right picks.

Edited by theking213

If the Colts were actually good at evaluating talent they would be able to pick All-Star quality defensive players in later rounds of the draft

Here are guys that were named to the All decade team and were drafted after the first round:

Brian Dawkins

Michael Strahan

Jason Taylor

La'roi Glover

Joey Porter

Zachary Thomas

Ronde Barber

Brian Dawkins

Darren Sharper

Good players don't just exist in the first round. But idk if the Colts are good enough at evaluating talent to make the right picks.

This is really, really dumb. You could argue the same thing for the 32 other NFL teams...

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

This is really, really dumb. You could argue the same thing for the 32 other NFL teams...

Ok maybe my wording on the ability of the colts to evaluate talent was a little harsh but I just wanted to show that just because if the Colts don't select a defensive player in the first round it is still possible to draft good players in the later rounds.

Ok maybe my wording on the ability of the colts to evaluate talent was a little harsh but I just wanted to show that just because if the Colts don't select a defensive player in the first round it is still possible to draft good players in the later rounds.

True, but we have gotten guys like Antoine Bethea in the 6th round and Robert Mathis in the 5th round.

Probably didn't need to start another thread but meh

The one I posted yesterday was from ESPN and it suggested that Peyton might make an appearance in December.

But this NBC Sports article based on the same Bill Polian radio show, emphasizes that the Colts management has no plans to let Peyton play in actual Sunday games, but want him to start practicing so they can see where he is health-wise.

Also they need to see where he's at so they can make a decision before deciding whether to pay him another $28 million in early March 2012.

The main reasons they don't want him to play this season is because of the O-Line that is battered to pieces.

The full article is here

http://profootballta...ctice-not-play/

It's not long.

I think that this is the most prudent way to handle Peyton this year.