Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathias Said It Best

turner46992

In the interview Robert Mathias did this week for colts.com. He was asked about the home crowd and third downs and stuff. he said "Surprisingly..Our fans weather the storm with us, They are in here with us...I appreciated it, I dont care what people be saying, they are standing in this gap with us"

I agree with him...If your a 100% true colts fan you will still support the blue and white till the end. I know the coaching staff sucks and we need to make a lot of adjustments...probably more than what we can do in one year. but I have seen people posting on here how they are going to chant and to stuff at the next home games..thats good and all but really your just wasting your time...they wont make any changes mid season. And for as long as I can remember they really never made huge changes mid season.

I just think if your going to say your a colts fan, then you will be behind this team through the good the bad and the ugly. 0-16, oh well Ill still put on my jersey every sunday. Mathias said the fans weather the storm, and I think true fans do/will

I think the fans ..while we whine and want everyone fired (like all fans)...do understand why we're here.

Our offense requires the QB to be a great player...and when he's hurt..

..an average guy cant replace him....we're averaging 15 points a game..we SHOULD BE 0-8..

..and if we can keep it close..they'll be cheering Sunday

In the interview Robert Mathias did this week for colts.com. He was asked about the home crowd and third downs and stuff. he said "Surprisingly..Our fans weather the storm with us, They are in here with us...I appreciated it, I dont care what people be saying, they are standing in this gap with us"

I agree with him...If your a 100% true colts fan you will still support the blue and white till the end. I know the coaching staff sucks and we need to make a lot of adjustments...probably more than what we can do in one year. but I have seen people posting on here how they are going to chant and to stuff at the next home games..thats good and all but really your just wasting your time...they wont make any changes mid season. And for as long as I can remember they really never made huge changes mid season.

I just think if your going to say your a colts fan, then you will be behind this team through the good the bad and the ugly. 0-16, oh well Ill still put on my jersey every sunday. Mathias said the fans weather the storm, and I think true fans do/will

Okay I have vowed not to get on here and discuss football in general until one of these inept coaches we have

is replaced.( i.e. hc, st, oc, dc, all the way down to the water boy). Because there are a hand full of posters who are

unaware that there is not a net or bat involved in this sport, but yet always feel they are the only smart people on here. That being said I think is time to adress fans. In my opinion it is impossible for any of us to get on here and judge who is and who isn't a quote unquote a" REAL FAN", I hate that term, if you spend your hard earned money on tickets,parking and merch.you are a real fan in my book. For instance my son is a frosh in high school and qb of his jv team and a great student to boot. Now if little johnnie sat at home and did nothing positive and was in trouble all the time and I sat by and did nothing but tell people what a great kid I had and that he is getting better six inches at a time and is only making correctable mistakes that have gone on for 18 straights months now .Even my true family members might have to call me out for his bad ways and question my subpar parenting. Now does that make them fair weather family members or family members that care?

dont really see how misspelling a players name has anything to say about a fan....but doesnt make me any less of a fan

You're right.

The notion of a "true Colts fan" is devoid of any real definition; it's more of means of simply insulting others who don't fit your view.

It's no different than picking a semi-arbitrary definition like knowing how to spell a player's name.

mmm never know what can happen though, i thought we would turn it around against the titans too, but offensively didnt get it done.

but this is going to be our best chance for a win, a month at home, please end up 3-8. get some happy faces around here!

i support us too. We are still in the hunt for the playoffs! Yes im that stubborn... :)

Our first victory will be this weekend. I don't see how we can get beat by the falcons.....they are not that good at all and we are coming around. I think it will be a VERY productive day for the Blue and White.

Man have you been watching other teams? Good wish is good, but anyway it is just wish.

Hope we can stop Michael Turner for a couple of times and contain Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White and Julio Jones, and hope Painter can pick their defense apart and Carter can gain 10 yds each time he runs.... But if we can do these we should have been 8-0, 7-1 or at least 6-2 at the point, right?

mmm never know what can happen though, i thought we would turn it around against the titans too, but offensively didnt get it done.

but this is going to be our best chance for a win, a month at home, please end up 3-8. get some happy faces around here!

Yep, seems like the off season and we just lost the Superbowl to the Saints, doesn't it?

Our first victory will be this weekend. I don't see how we can get beat by the falcons.....they are not that good at all and we are coming around. I think it will be a VERY productive day for the Blue and White.

Don't think so but anything is possible.But the falcons seemed to have righted the ship a bit,beating the lions on the road was a step in the right direction.Good skill offensive players particularly at wide out,that is a poor matchup for us.

I support this team 100%, but the games are a little hard to watch. I'm still a Colts fan though, as many others on here are as well and will continue to be Colts fans during the hard times like we see now and after Peyton retires.

There was an interview with Clark and Wayne the night of the Saints game where Wayne was talking about how people all over Indy still had their backs. Everywhere the players went, the fans would keep saying "hey guys, keep fighting, we have your back" and that meant a lot to the guys.

True fan here. First post in a long time. Good thing about a down season. I got 4 tix to the Jax game for under $100. Taking the wife and kids. Coming in from western pa for that entire weekend. I've seen the colts 6 times in my 37 years including the AFC championship. Mostly saw them in Cleveland. They've never lost. I've seen some bad teams since the Baltimore days. This team takes the cake, but the good news about the NFL is teams can turn around quick. Go Colts (and go Caldwell as in leave)

Only 3 posts left for today :) (i like that feature, i wish our boards had it).

Id like to say. He is right. Your a great franchise and you all will right the ship and get things back on track. Teams have that bad year from time to time and you all have had some great years recently that many fans could only wish their teams had.

Everyone knew the loss of Manning was gonna hurt, but in the end it will probably make you all a better team as players are getting snaps they probably never had got if he was there. Depth is a big part of what the falcons had when we rebuilt after our blow up in 07.

Any true colts fan has to be happy with what this team has done over the years and even seeing colts on the schedule is enough to scare any NFC team. You all are better than that record and in time it will show. Injuries suck and can ruin any teams season. Our season has been riddled with injuries and losing our starting QB for as long as you all have, we would not be any better.

Only 3 posts left for today :) (i like that feature, i wish our boards had it).

Id like to say. He is right. Your a great franchise and you all will right the ship and get things back on track. Teams have that bad year from time to time and you all have had some great years recently that many fans could only wish their teams had.

Everyone knew the loss of Manning was gonna hurt, but in the end it will probably make you all a better team as players are getting snaps they probably never had got if he was there. Depth is a big part of what the falcons had when we rebuilt after our blow up in 07.

Any true colts fan has to be happy with what this team has done over the years and even seeing colts on the schedule is enough to scare any NFC team. You all are better than that record and in time it will show. Injuries suck and can ruin any teams season. Our season has been riddled with injuries and losing our starting QB for as long as you all have, we would not be any better.

See, it takes an unbiased set of eyes to speak the truth. Someone from the outside looking in has the wisdom that 3/4 of these boards wouldn't have if they pooled their efforts together.

Jeez....I guess you guys wont let me live this one down...spelling His name wrong and all...hahaha its cool I guess but if you could easily just look past that and agree or disagree that would be great

Jeez....I guess you guys wont let me live this one down...spelling His name wrong and all...hahaha its cool I guess but if you could easily just look past that and agree or disagree that would be great

Relax if we start grammer checks we all are done, but the term true fan bothers me, because i know i am very critical of this staff, but i will pay my parking, go to hooters and spend plenty this sunday again. i have yet to miss a home game this year and have yet to boo.so when some of you posers get on here and talk true fandom i think you cross the line. i take my 15 year old son to every home game, we never boo. then i come home and voice my opinion just to vent. so lets watch who we all determine who is a real fan and who is not.go colts fire caldwell!

Okay I have vowed not to get on here and discuss football in general until one of these inept coaches we have

is replaced.( i.e. hc, st, oc, dc, all the way down to the water boy). Because there are a hand full of posters who are

unaware that there is not a net or bat involved in this sport, but yet always feel they are the only smart people on here. That being said I think is time to adress fans. In my opinion it is impossible for any of us to get on here and judge who is and who isn't a quote unquote a" REAL FAN", I hate that term, if you spend your hard earned money on tickets,parking and merch.you are a real fan in my book. For instance my son is a frosh in high school and qb of his jv team and a great student to boot. Now if little johnnie sat at home and did nothing positive and was in trouble all the time and I sat by and did nothing but tell people what a great kid I had and that he is getting better six inches at a time and is only making correctable mistakes that have gone on for 18 straights months now .Even my true family members might have to call me out for his bad ways and question my subpar parenting. Now does that make them fair weather family members or family members that care?

Ditto what you say,I am so tired of people trying to determine who is a fan and who isnt. It dosnt matter one bit. We as individuales will determine who we are, not someone else and certianly not Obummer and the rest of the marxist in Washington. had to add that, couldnt resist.