Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LUCKS RIVAL

Nesjan3

Texans are solid with a franchise QB. I doubt the QB they draft(if they don't draft Clowney) will challenge Luck. Any of the top QB prospects isn't a solid #1(unlike Luck), and could turn out to be busts(Manziel is starting to look like RG3 with all the hype). The Jaguars are heading in the right direction, but they need a franchise QB to actually compete. Same with the Texans. Clowney + Watt is a scary duo, but won't be that effective without a QB. If they choose Clowney, they won't get a QB unless they trade. The Titans are a mess.

Texans are solid with a franchise QB. I doubt the QB they draft(if they don't draft Clowney) will challenge Luck. Any of the top QB prospects isn't a solid #1(unlike Luck), and could turn out to be busts(Manziel is starting to look like RG3 with all the hype). The Jaguars are heading in the right direction, but they need a franchise QB to actually compete. Same with the Texans. Clowney + Watt is a scary duo, but won't be that effective without a QB. If they choose Clowney, they won't get a QB unless they trade. The Titans are a mess.

Been saying that for awhile now, if they were smart they would take Clowney(unfortunate for us as that may be) they need a vet back there because besides the qb position imploding on itself they have a good team.  Add Clowney to replace what they lost when Williams(i think thats his name) went to the Bills

Could the 1st round pick of this years draft taken by the Texans be Lucks bitter rival for years to come, the Frazier to Ali, the Brady to Manning. Divisional opponent, Texans are solid team with a new coach, it could happen lol

If it is Manziel....I will be on the hate....errr dislike wagon...despise him!

Been saying that for awhile now, if they were smart they would take Clowney(unfortunate for us as that may be) they need a vet back there because besides the qb position imploding on itself they have a good team.  Add Clowney to replace what they lost when Williams(i think thats his name) went to the Bills

Yep. Very talented team. If they add Clowney, they'll give us lots of trouble, but their QB situation is weak, and they need a good if not franchise QB to compete. Keenum is a good back-up, but not a starter. Considering how most teams who need a QB landed with a top pick, I doubt they get a top prospect QB, and still keep Clowney.

He's starting to turn into RG3 with all the hype. If he turns out as a bust, no better place to be than AFC South.

And as to our other posts, Grigson will earn his money THIS year on UFAs.  We HAVE to watch our spending NOW to keep the team intact when Luck is re-signed.

And as to our other posts, Grigson will earn his money THIS year on UFAs.  We HAVE to watch our spending NOW to keep the team intact when Luck is re-signed.

I agree. That's why going after Mack may not be the best thing. Dietrich-Smith and De La Puente are cheaper and good centers. I also think that Grigson could get some steals and sleepers and hit big in the draft(I have a weird feeling that Grigson is going to have a very good draft). There's not much to sign in cheaper FAs, so Grigson will be forced to look in the draft and UDFA's. 

I agree. That's why going after Mack may not be the best thing. Dietrich-Smith and De La Puente are cheaper and good centers. I also think that Grigson could get some steals and sleepers and hit big in the draft(I have a weird feeling that Grigson is going to have a very good draft). There's not much to sign in cheaper FAs, so Grigson will be forced to look in the draft and UDFA's. 

I see one or two names coming in...I have said that all along....ILB?  DT?  HMMMM!  :)

I see one or two names coming in...I have said that all along....ILB?  DT?  HMMMM!   :)

Maybe, if they'd be willing to take less money and sign with an up-and-coming team with arguably the best chance to make the Superbowl, and the best QB in Luck in a few years. I could see him going to the draft though to get ILB and DT. Christian Jones, Yawin Smallwood, and Deandre Coleman will be available.

Clowney is not that special.

The guy has an aura built around him because of one big play in a bowl game.

Anyone I know could have made the hit he did. No one blocked him. 

Just like denard robinson and RGIII of the past two drafts they are making something out of nothing. 

Maybe, if they'd be willing to take less money and sign with an up-and-coming team with arguably the best chance to make the Superbowl, and the best QB in Luck in a few years. I could see him going to the draft though to get ILB and DT. Christian Jones, Yawin Smallwood, and Deandre Coleman will be available.

We need someone to strike fear in the middle....just my opinion.  I want someone that can put you on your backside and ya know it...:)

We need someone to strike fear in the middle....just my opinion.  I want someone that can put you on your backside and ya know it... :)

True. Can't think of an FA's that would do that and are cheap. I think Grigson goes the draft way just because they're younger and can play with Luck for a while and develop. Also because we're a rebuilding team, and Luck's contract is coming up.

True. Can't think of an FA's that would do that and are cheap. I think Grigson goes the draft way just because they're younger and can play with Luck for a while and develop. Also because we're a rebuilding team, and Luck's contract is coming up.

Off topic, but I have seen no sources that have even mentioned Cody Latimer from Indiana University.  IU's offense was terrific this past season...Latimer is a big WR/ kid that can also run after the catch...

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/latimer_cody00.html

We need someone to strike fear in the middle....just my opinion.  I want someone that can put you on your backside and ya know it... :)

You need to strike fear and at minimum make your presence known.  Was it Dick Butkus that said I want to hit the ball carrier so hard that I want his helmet rolling 20 yds away!  Think there was more to that but holding back as this is a family oriented fan base.

Off topic, but I have seen no sources that have even mentioned Cody Latimer from Indiana University.  IU's offense was terrific this past season...Latimer is a big WR/ kid that can also run after the catch...

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/latimer_cody00.html

True. Latimer is going to be great for whoever drafts him, but he's projected to go late.

I think we need one big name...one medium....then draft away or look for 'deals.'  Good fun today IndyScribe!

If the Texans do decide to draft Clowney they would have an unstoppable defensive line. There is no way our Line could block J.J Watt, Antonio Smith and Clowney. Our O-Line would have to be our first priority in the offseason or they will get demolished twice a year against Houston.

Nope, but I'd rather they have Clowney than a franchise QB.

Colt McCoy is probably one of the biggest snub jobs in the NFL. Drafted to the Browns, plays well, gets injured, then never sees the ball again.

Colt was terrible. It was obvious the talent wasn't there. He'd be the jags starter or something if he was any good. Someone would give him a chance. Like Tim Tebow

Just like denard robinson and RGIII of the past two drafts they are making something out of nothing. 

Well that is just not true. Clowney produced one of the most dominant seasons ever for a college DE last season, he may have taken this season off, but he is still easily the most talented player in this draft, it's not even close.

I had to read your first sentence over a few times, at first it sounded like you're saying the Texans have a franchise QB.

Totally agree, none of the QBs in the draft can be considered a sure thing coming out. It won't be a surprise if all three teams draft a QB in their first or second round, but I doubt if any start right away.

The a Texans have a good team, but some of the stars on O are starting to show signs of age. I agree about the others.

You must not be a big college football guy. Clowney was already regarded as the best Dlineman prospect ever before that hit.

Dude was extremely dominant and a physical monster. If you could build the perfect pass rusher from scratch, he would look like Jadaveon Clowney.