Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Every Team In The Nfl Draft Andrew Luck?

So with all the bad luck and what not that the Colts are going through, almost everybody has decided that the first pick in the draft is the Colts' to use .. Some say draft Andrew Luck, some say trade the pick away (is there even anybody saying pick somebody else with that pick?) - and that got my thinking ..

If ANY other team in the league got the first overall pick, Packers, Lions, NE, Panthers, Saints, Rams or whatever other team with top QB's or top QB prospects, and they WERE NOT able to trade the pick away, is Andrew Luck then still the 1st overall selection?

Basically, my question is .. Is Andrew Luck that much better then all the other prospects, that even a team with young, top class QB's still pick him - and then proceed to do whatever they want with him/their original QB?

I rarely follow college football other than Youtube-clips of prospects mentioned here on this forum, so maybe I'm missing somebody else good enough to shake the belief that Andrew Luck is sure to be picked #1 ..

Calm down little grasshopper!The guy is just another stafford...at best.In fact,i don't even think that.I see another leinart in BIG OLE' ANDREW LUCK.

Right, you might see that.. I'm no expert (far from it!), but all the supposed experts are pretty sure this guy is the real deal, right? They get paid to evaluate college players, so you gotta think they at least know a little bit :) !

Calm down little grasshopper!The guy is just another stafford...at best.In fact,i don't even think that.I see another leinart in BIG OLE' ANDREW LUCK.

That's not the reason they wouldn't draft him. A lot of teams wouldn't draft him because they already have a good solid quarterback and other positions that need help. The Packers, Patriots, Ravens, Eagles, Falcons, Rams, Steelers, and some other teams wouldn't take him. Saying that he's a Matt Leinart is just an opinion, but look at Cam Newton, everyone said he was a bust and look at him now.

Right, you might see that.. I'm no expert (far from it!), but all the supposed experts are pretty sure this guy is the real deal, right? They get paid to evaluate college players, so you gotta think they at least know a little bit :) !

Those experts also said that leaf was more "nfl ready" than manning.And they also predicted that couch,carr,klingler,ware,a.smith,jim drunkenmiller,harrington and russell were can't miss stars.Don't put much stock into those self proclaimed "experts".

That's not the reason they wouldn't draft him. A lot of teams wouldn't draft him because they already have a good solid quarterback and other positions that need help. The Packers, Patriots, Ravens, Eagles, Falcons, Rams, Steelers, and some other teams wouldn't take him. Saying that he's a Matt Leinart is just an opinion, but look at Cam Newton, everyone said he was a bust and look at him now.

The jury is still out on cam newton.Yes,he's been good,so far,but its a long season.Besides,andy dalton may eventually surpass him later this year.

If a team that is comfortable with their QB has a chance to draft Luck, I'd say they would not do it. There is no guarantee that Luck will become a superstar, he has the talent, but why would a team with a good QB take a risk on an unproven QB. Taking Luck would probably cause more disruption in the team. Football is perhaps the one sport where your picks must address your team needs. You can't really have two great QBs, it does not work out as running an offense with two QBs leads to more problems than solutions and that QB is not going to want to play another position unlike what you can have in another sport.

It all comes down to does the team with the draft pick need a QB.

Do you even realize just how ridiculous you sound? If you're in love with Kurt Cousins, then thats FINE *mod edit*, but nobody takes you seriously because you make such dumb comments.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Peytongirl, November 1, 2011 - baiting another poster
Hidden by Peytongirl, November 1, 2011 - baiting another poster

Do you even realize just how ridiculous you sound? If you're in love with Kurt Cousins, then thats between you and him and your bedroom, but nobody takes you seriously because you make such dumb comments.

I can't take a guy with a name like "balzar" seriously.What are you...a magician or something?!' rotfl The amazin' balzar' is coming to a kids b-day party near you!

Edited by KirkCousins#8

Cam Newton won't see what it's really like until next year when teams have film on him, and a full off-season to prepare for a season. It's too early to know at this point. As someone else pointed out, Dalton is looking like a better pure QB than Newton anyway, and he was drafted much lower.

On topic: Luck will be the #1 overall pick, and no, teams with a good QB wouldn't take him. That's ridiculous. It's not like HB, DT, etc., where you need a healthy rotation of the same types of players. You don't pay for two premium QB's on the same team for any length of time. Not 4 years, not 1 year, not 3 games.

On topic: Luck will be the #1 overall pick, and no, teams with a good QB wouldn't take him. That's ridiculous. It's not like HB, DT, etc., where you need a healthy rotation of the same types of players. You don't pay for two premium QB's on the same team for any length of time. Not 4 years, not 1 year, not 3 games.

He is the most sure thing in the past draft in years at half-cost of what a QB should be making with the rookie wage implemented. he is a no-brainer #1 pick (value pick at that), even if you already have a QB he is like a glowing red-light special. You TAKE him, yes, every team would take him given the opportunity of the #1 pick. Now how they deal with keeping him or trading him is another issue.

Everyones a critic.........but I got to agree with banned. We can trade back and get more draft picks so polian can work his magic. Its not like i dont like Luck but i think the 1st or 2nd overall pick can get us probably two 2nd and 3rd round picks. Im just saying no all of our problems are to Painter.