Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

anyone else get their football fix from madden games in the offseason

Nesjan3

Nope, I stopped buying Madden when they pulled that crap with their transition from the Xbox to the 360 for Madden 2006.  Took a ton of features out and then just reintroduced them years later as new features.  Madden 2005 was wonderful, but that was because they had to compete with NFL 2K5.  

I've never met someone else that realized the maddens 05-06 for ps 2 or whatever had so much more stuff you could do. 06 was the last one I had with Mcnabb

I love madden.  Just started a new connected careers on the XBox One last night.  Simmed most of the games and just progressing players.  I am interested to see the FA available in the offseason in the game.  Should be a somewhat realistic list.

I have yet to play Madden successfully.  Of course, I would imagine you have to give it more than one play.  Usually I boot it up, have to make my first play call and the middle of it, I say, "I have no idea what I'm doing.  I quit."  

Done that twice now.  

Thinking about doing it a third.

I've never met someone else that realized the maddens 05-06 for ps 2 or whatever had so much more stuff you could do. 06 was the last one I had with Mcnabb

Yeah just a few thngs like the defensive playemaker controls, offensive formation shifts, and challenges for god sakes.  A few others were no mini games, minicamp, or create-a-player.  They took out the whole radio thing as well.  Their excuse was because of building it up just for next gen, but then turned around in the next few games reintroduced these as these new amazing features.  It was insulting to hear them promote some of these features as new.

Isn't EAs exclusive deal over at the end of this year? AKA after the Super Bowl.

I believe so, but I'm hearing conflicting reports. I think they will still have a partnership with the NFL, but I don't know it will be exclusive.  I sure hope not. Can't wait for 2k to NBA Live those jokers over at EA.  I encourage you guys e-mail/tweet George Atallah, Roger Goodell, Dominique Foxworth, etc and let them know you want another football game.

https://twitter.com/NFL2kFootball

https://twitter.com/NFL2KPetition

Yeah just a few thngs like the defensive playemaker controls, offensive formation shifts, and challenges for god sakes. A few others were no mini games, minicamp, or create-a-player. They took out the whole radio thing as well. Their excuse was because of building it up just for next gen, but then turned around in the next few games reintroduced these as these new amazing features. It was insulting to hear them promot

e some of these features as new.

Yeah there was a ton you could do presnap press the corners to play bump n run, double cover recievers, modify a route to make it past the chains, not to mention hot routes and other audibles. 06 had the first superstar mode too

I got the one with Calvin Johnson on it but played maybe 2 hours total.  I bought it off of Ebay for $20 last year so I wasn't out too much. 

No I watch back some of the games every now and then.  I also have the Colts SB box set with every game from that postseason that I watch from time to time. 

Yeah there was a ton you could do presnap press the corners to play bump n run, double cover recievers, modify a route to make it past the chains, not to mention hot routes and other audibles. 06 had the first superstar mode too

Yep, I was so excited to get that game for my 360.  Friends came over to play and we put it in and started to play and we just looked at each other and was like what the hell is this crap. It looked good for its time, but when you lose basic functions you kill the game.  Gameplay should always trump graphics. 

I think the epitomizes what EA does now.  They make it look good, but basic gameplay is neglected.  My favorite one is when they introduced gang tackles as revolutionary to like Madden 2008 or 09 when we had it back in NFL 2K5.

The sad thing is nothing will ever change.  The NFL makes so much money of their official licensing that they do not worry about losing people like myself who gave up on the series. For every one of me there is probably 2-3 people buy the game, get disappointed, swear it off, and then only to get tricked by the hype the next year.

I am glad that EA has failed because it opened me up to other games and no longer waste time on sports games.  I do not even buy NBA 2K that often.  Typically just buy one every four or so years. Much rather be playing games like Assassins Creed 4 or Red Dead Redemption.

Yep, I was so excited to get that game for my 360.  Friends came over to play and we put it in and started to play and we just looked at each other and was like what the hell is this crap. It looked good for its time, but when you lose basic functions you kill the game.  Gameplay should always trump graphics. 

I think the epitomizes what EA does now.  They make it look good, but basic gameplay is neglected.  My favorite one is when they introduced gang tackles as revolutionary to like Madden 2008 or 09 when we had it back in NFL 2K5.

The sad thing is nothing will ever change.  The NFL makes so much money of their official licensing that they do not worry about losing people like myself who gave up on the series. For every one of me there is probably 2-3 people buy the game, get disappointed, swear it off, and then only to get tricked by the hype the next year.

I am glad that EA has failed because it opened me up to other games and no longer waste time on sports games.  I do not even buy NBA 2K that often.  Typically just buy one every four or so years. Much rather be playing games like Assassins Creed 4 or Red Dead Redemption.

Yep, I was so excited to get that game for my 360. Friends came over to play and we put it in and started to play and we just looked at each other and was like what the hell is this crap. It looked good for its time, but when you lose basic functions you kill the game. Gameplay should always trump graphics.

I think the epitomizes what EA does now. They make it look good, but basic gameplay is neglected. My favorite one is when they introduced gang tackles as revolutionary to like Madden 2008 or 09 when we had it back in NFL 2K5.

The sad thing is nothing will ever change. The NFL makes so much money of their official licensing that they do not worry about losing people like myself who gave up on the series. For every one of me there is probably 2-3 people buy the game, get disappointed, swear it off, and then only to get tricked by the hype the next year.

I am glad that EA has failed because it opened me up to other games and no longer waste time on sports games. I do not even buy NBA 2K that often. Typically just buy one every four or so years. Much rather be playing games like Assassins Creed 4 or Red Dead Redemption.

Assassins Creed 4 is my game of the year. I got 100% sync and enjoyed every minute of it. Best AC since AC2 and AC2 is one of my all time favorites. I've been disappointed with the AC series since 2 so 4 was a very pleasant surprise. I hope they keep it up.

As for Madden, I've bought it for the last 15 years at least and I'm getting really tired of it. It bores the hell out of me and just frustrates me with its crappy gameplay. I bought NBA 2K14 this year and I'm enjoying the hell out of the "My Career" mode and I don't like basketball at all. If I watch one basketball game cumulatively during the year, that's a lot. That should say something when I really like a videogame of a sport I don't like and I pretty much hate a videogame of a sport I love.

As for Madden, I've bought it for the last 15 years at least and I'm getting really tired of it. It bores the hell out of me and just frustrates me with its crappy gameplay. I bought NBA 2K14 this year and I'm enjoying the hell out of the "My Career" mode and I don't like basketball at all. If I watch one basketball game cumulatively during the year, that's a lot. That should say something when I really like a videogame of a sport I don't like and I pretty much hate a videogame of a sport I love.

I NEVER watch hockey or soccer but find myself enjoying NHL14 and FIFA14 more than Madden 25.  NHL has the EA Sports Hockey League where you create a player and only control him (like My Career) but you play all games vs others users (6 on 6 counting user goalie).  You gain experience and level up your skills.  it is awesome.  FIFA has something similar with 11 v 11 user players.

Why hasen't madden done this?  would be hard to find someone to play OLine but you could do 7 v 7 user players.  I wish 2k could also make football games.  Not because I want to buy the 2k football game, but because competition would make EA have to try to make their game better.