Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Angerer?

HawkeyesColts

Personally, I think that it would be foolish to throw tons of cash at a free agent ILB this off-season. Quality inside linebackers can usually be had for a reasonable price in the draft or UDFA. (Burfict, Freeman, Nick Roach, Kiko Alonso, Stephen Tulloch) as well as finding gems for a reasonable price in trades (Beason, Vilma) though I'm sure Grigson would find a way to overpay in a trade. With that said, if the Colts do go the free agent route I would like to see them take a chance on a guy like Brandon Spikes. I think he could flourish in the right situation and he could be had a reasonable price on a "prove it" deal.

I know I am being greedy, but I just really want to see someone...anyone that can let these backs and running QBs know who hit them.....if we can do that cheaply I am with ya!!  Welcome to the forum by the way!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am being greedy, but I just really want to see someone...anyone that can let these backs and running QBs know who hit them.....if we can do that cheaply I am with ya!!  Welcome to the forum by the way!

Thanks, I look forward to posting regularly! I understand your pain with the ILB's though. It seems like our defense has been inconsistent for far too long now in the NFL. At one point it looked like Angerer might be that player for our defense, but injuries sure have slowed down his career. I was hoping in 2012 that we would have picked Burfict with the Mr. Irrelevant pick. Instead, we landed Harnish. Oh well hopefully the front office solves the problem this year.

Tackles to me are a stat. If teams awards more solo tackles than plays my thought was if to guys meet a ball carrier at the same time WHO do you give the SOLO TACKLE to. I would say probably both. And assist is as it is said you are assisting the main tackler. Honestly in one play 4 guys take down 1 ball carrier you could get 1 solo tackle & 3 assists. Having played college football & being a defensive player its not to hard to figure out. The Coaches look at tape an award tackles after every game. Its not OFFICIAL because the teams award them not the referees, or the league. If the league did it it would be very time consuming an costly. I am sure each team has a grading system that is probably very close to one anthers.

Thanks, I look forward to posting regularly! I understand your pain with the ILB's though. It seems like our defense has been inconsistent for far too long now in the NFL. At one point it looked like Angerer might be that player for our defense, but injuries sure have slowed down his career. I was hoping in 2012 that we would have picked Burfict with the Mr. Irrelevant pick. Instead, we landed Harnish. Oh well hopefully the front office solves the problem this year.

We haven't had a REAL THUMMPER IIB since Jeff Herrod?

I dont look at it like that, Watching the All 22 I look for first contact by a defender that immediately brought the offensive player down (or within a couple extra steps of said offensive player not being touched by another defender)

you watch all 22?

Never knew that