Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson

bap1331

At this point in his career, he is Trent Dilfer. Take a shot if its there, just don't turn the ball over and let the defense get the ball back

Good glory. You need to look up Dilfer's career and find even one season that is anywhere close to either of the two seasons that Wilson has put up. Dilfer threw 113 TDs to 129 picks with a 55 percent career completion.  Wilson in two years has a 63 percent completion, 52 TDs + 5 rushing TDs and 19 picks. And 10 comebacks/GW drives including two in the playoffs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good glory. You need to look up Dilfer's career and find even one season that is anywhere close to either of the two seasons that Wilson has put up. Dilfer threw 113 TDs to 129 picks with a 55 percent career completion. Wilson in two years has a 63 percent completion, 52 TDs + 5 rushing TDs and 19 picks. And 10 comebacks/GW drives including two in the playoffs.

I was talking about the year he was with the ravens. He was much more impressive during that playoff run than Wilson has been in this one

I was talking about the year he was with the ravens. He was much more impressive during that playoff run than Wilson has been in this one

I repeat Good Glory. What are you basing this on besides your blind hatred of Wilson?

Dilfer stats in 2000 post-season - In four playoff games, never threw for more than 200 yards in any of the games. Had a completion percentage of 43. And threw 4 TDs to 4 picks. QBR is 66.

Wilson in two games thus far has 58 percent completion and 4 TDs to 1 pick and a fourth quarter comeback over the niners. QBR is 96.9.

I repeat Good Glory. What are you basing this on besides your blind hatred of Wilson?

Dilfer stats in 2000 post-season - In four playoff games, never threw for more than 200 yards in any of the games. Had a completion percentage of 43. And threw 4 TDs to 4 picks. QBR is 66.

Wilson in two games thus far has 58 percent completion and 4 TDs to 1 pick and a fourth quarter comeback over the niners. QBR is 96.9.

Sorry Wilson's stats here are for the 2 playoff games last year and this year combined. Completion percentage is actually 60 not 58.

How about yardage, tds, turnovers completions? Very Dilfer like

I just gave you them. Dilfer had 4 INTs and 4 TDs in four games and not one game where he threw for over 200 yards and a 43 percentage completion. 66 QBR.

Wilson over his four playoff games has 890 yards including 385 vs Atlanta and 215 vs the niners last week. He has 4 TDs to 1 pick and a 96 QBR. And he has two 4th quarter comebacks vs the Redskins last year and the Niners this year.

Their performances are not comparable at all. And Dilfer had the better defense, second only to the 85 Bears.

I just gave you them. Dilfer had 4 INTs and 4 TDs in four games and not one game where he threw for over 200 yards and a 43 percentage completion. 66 QBR.

Wilson over his four playoff games has 890 yards including 385 vs Atlanta and 215 vs the niners last week. He has 4 TDs to 1 pick and a 96 QBR. And he has two 4th quarter comebacks vs the Redskins last year and the Niners this year.

Their performances are not comparable at all. And Dilfer had the better defense, second only to the 85 Bears.

Is reading difficult for you? I said this season. I said nothing about last season

Is reading difficult for you? I said this season. I said nothing about last season

But his post-season is not over? One game to go.

But for two games thus far it is 58 completion percentage over two games, 1 TD, no picks and 318 total passing yards with an 85 QBR and a fourth quarter comeback vs the niners. Still not close to Dilfer and like I said one game to go.

But his post-season is not over? One game to go.

But for two games thus far it is 58 completion percentage over two games, 1 TD, no picks and 318 total passing yards with an 85 QBR and a fourth quarter comeback vs the niners. Still not close to Dilfer and like I said one game to go.

So his 9 completions was the difference in the saints game? Also there are other ways to turn the ball over other than interceptions. Did you watch the game last Sunday? Did he maybe fumble the on the first play of the game inside the twenty?

So his 9 completions was the difference in the saints game? Also there are other ways to turn the ball over other than interceptions. Did you watch the game last Sunday? Did he maybe fumble the on the first play of the game inside the twenty?

Now you are changing the argument. You said he was comparable to Dilfer. He's not in any way shape or form. Dilfer was a turnover machine his entire career and his 43 completion in the 2000 playoff run is worse then Tebow.

ok you know what your talking about then. hes the only other QB that I'd agree with. i could see cam > wilson. cams got a lot less to work with too. 

Right now Wilson is the best QB of the young guys in terms of stats, wins, and playoff success. He is also on the best team so that has to be factored in as well. But if he does somehow manage to beat Denver next week then all the other guys will be chasing him.

Sure he's lucky. He was only drafted in the second round and then beat out Matt Flynn for the starting job who Seattle traded a 2 for and paid a boat load of money. Wilson has earned his position on this team and has them 60 minutes from the Lombardi ...

Huh?  I'm aware of what he has done to earn his starting job, and that's impressive.  Point I was trying to make is that not many rookie QBs take over a team that's already built for a superbowl.

Huh?  I'm aware of what he has done to earn his starting job, and that's impressive.  Point I was trying to make is that not many rookie QBs take over a team that's already built for a superbowl.

That is debatable. For sure Seattle had the pieces for the great D. But its O is not impressive at all in terms of the skills guys outside of Lynch. And Wilson was missing his top two WRs this year and still managed to get Seattle to 8th in points scored. His entire story from when he got the starting job over Flynn to now is every impressive especially when you consider his size.