Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman is an embarassment to the NFL

oldunclemark

I surprised but not upset by what he said and the way he said it. After all this is the NFL and not WWE where people LOVE this sort of thing.

If this continued and spread in the NFL I'd lose interest in it the game.

As far as judging sherman.........I have no interest in that. He lives with the fallout and that's enough for me

It is interesting to me though how vehement and violent people on both sides of this thing have gotten

But, this is the internet........where people love to hate

That said, I've removed a few posts here because they were in violation of our site rules.

It's one thing to dislike a loud mouth football player it's another to post racial comments or spread lies about him and call him stupid.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy asked me what they were talking about so I gave him my Best answer.

I think I'd be more correct in thinking crabtree was jawing at Sherman then to think he was complementing his coverage skills.

Also post game Sherman said crabtree was in his face talking smack and refused his handshake with a punch to the helmet. Pretty disrespectful on crabs part.

Yeah, crabtree is the disrespectful one. lmao

It's one thing to dislike a loud mouth football player it's another to post racial comments or spread lies about him and call him stupid.

Yeah, twitter furor and forum furor can be vicious.  Often worse that the thing that outraged people to begin with 

Both he and Sherman were both disrespectful. Some guys just strike a nerve in some people and it seems like crabs is that guy to Sherman. What's this whole business about a blacktie event I'm hearing?

Sherman said Crabtree disrespected him at a charity event. I'm not sure he ever said what or how

Also post game Sherman said crabtree was in his face talking smack and refused his handshake with a punch to the helmet. Pretty disrespectful on crabs part.

false.  Sherman was in Crabtree's face while Crabtree was trying to get to his sideline and Sherman chased him down and supposedly was saying good game (even though he admitted they had a beef prior to the game so he was obviously being smug) and crabtree pushed his face away while continuing to walk off the field.      

STOP TRYING TO SPIN THINGS TO MAKE YOU RIGHT!!!! 

Both he and Sherman were both disrespectful. Some guys just strike a nerve in some people and it seems like crabs is that guy to Sherman. What's this whole business about a blacktie event I'm hearing?

you have made SOOOOO many comments without even knowing the facts.  Please inform yourself before posting in absolutes.

false. Sherman was in Crabtree's face while Crabtree was trying to get to his sideline and Sherman chased him down and supposedly was saying good game (even though he admitted they had a beef prior to the game so he was obviously being smug) and crabtree pushed his face away while continuing to walk off the field.

STOP TRYING TO SPIN THINGS TO MAKE YOU RIGHT!!!!

What'd you say about assuming? I don't even think crabs disputed Sherman was saying "good game", Also being smug doesn't warant a smack to the head IMO.

Why don't you just calm down there buster brown, we're all Colts fans.

What'd you say about assuming? I don't even think crabs disputed Sherman was saying "good game", Also being smug doesn't warant a smack to the head IMO.

Why don't you just calm down there buster brown, we're all Colts fans.

i didnt assume anything... i watched it happen.  

So they admittedly had a beef before the incident at the end of the game, right???

Then you honestly think Sherman chased him down to innocently say good game???  or do you think he was maybe saying it sarcastically and trying to get under Crabtree's skin?   I am not saying suspend him, fine him, hate him, call him a thug, or anything else but don't try to pretend he is the freakin pope....  

also, he didnt "smack his head".  Crabtree pushed his helmet around his head out of Crabtree's face....  seriously man, you have a problem with exaggerating everything to try and make yourself look right.  It frustrates me that someone can do that so much, fail at it so bad, and not notice they are doing it.

I just asked a question about something i was hearing. calm your pantaloons Kyle.

you made quite a few statements, BEFORE asking any questions to inform yourself.

i didnt assume anything... i watched it happen.

So they admittedly had a beef before the incident at the end of the game, right???

Then you honestly think Sherman chased him down to innocently say good game??? or do you think he was maybe saying it sarcastically and trying to get under Crabtree's skin? I am not saying suspend him, fine him, hate him, call him a thug, or anything else but don't try to pretend he is the freakin pope....

also, he didnt "smack his head". Crabtree pushed his helmet around his head out of Crabtree's face.... seriously man, you have a problem with exaggerating everything to try and make yourself look right. It frustrates me that someone can do that so much, fail at it so bad, and not notice they are doing it.

you made quite a few statements, BEFORE asking any questions to inform yourself.

Yes they Did have a beef. Apparently crabtree disrespected him at a charity auction. Honestly I don't see Why he wouldn't say good game, many players do it. I'm not going to assume he was being smug about it like you.

I'm not pretending He's the freaking Pope nor have I ever said that (seriously what?)

Pretty sure hw smacked or pushed his helmet, either way uncalled for.

Last point I asked one question about something that I had seen floating around the forum earlier. Get over yourself

You guys really didn't get what he was doing??  He said basically the same things Sherman said but he changed it up as if he was saying them as a poster.  Reading comprehension is a valued skill guys...    :facepalm:

Again, I said I didn't read through the whole thread and basically read his 1 comment and questioned it.  My reading comprehension is just fine thank you.

Regardless, thanks for "clearing" it up. :thmup:

Yes they Did have a beef. Apparently crabtree disrespected him at a charity auction. Honestly I don't see Why he wouldn't say good game, many players do it. I'm not going to assume he was being smug about it like you.

I'm not pretending He's the freaking Pope nor have I ever said that (seriously what?)

Pretty sure hw smacked or pushed his helmet, either way uncalled for.

Last point I asked one question about something that I had seen floating around the forum earlier. Get over yourself

CHILD_PLEASE_1.jpg

The NFL is often like the "shakespearean" drama of the WWE, there are heels & faces...

The heel is the bad guy, the guy everyone loves to hate. Without the heel there is no drama. Without the heel there would be nobody for the hero to fight...

The heel postures himself as the enemy by being angry, unfriendly & making fun of his opponent, as these arent the qualaties of the face...

Sherman is just playing his role as the heel...

Just weird that someone would choose to play the role of the heel...

I guess I'll take the unpopular opinion here....I love Richard Sherman. I think he brings character to a game that is sorley lacking it. He's the perfect heel for the NFL.

He's the villain the NFL needs, but not the one it deserves.

He is that guy, isn't he? Kind of like Owens dancing on the Dallas Cowboys star at mid-field.

Some are getting mixed up with liking/disliking Richard, and liking/disliking how he reacted. Different things.

For what it's worth, I don't care for his antics, and would rather not have him anywhere near our locker room.

But then again, that is probably due to my Presbyterian upbringing.

Some are getting mixed up with liking/disliking Richard, and liking/disliking how he reacted. Different things.

For what it's worth, I don't care for his antics, and would rather not have him anywhere near our locker room.

But then again, that is probably due to my Presbyterian upbringing.

Best post on this abomination of a thread. haha

He called him a mediocre receiver. So what? Did he talk about him personally? Did he do anything to harm anybody? People are blowing this way out of proportion. It's football, it's a rivalry. If you want to watch players exchange pleasantries and be "besties" on the field, watch tennis or the Miami Heat or something. Sheesh. I can tell some of the people in here crying have never played sports before. Trash talk will always exist in sports. Granted, what he did wasn't in good sportsmanship...but the fake, generated outrage from the media and fans is a bit ridiculous. He was critical of an opponents skill set, or (in Sherman's opinion) lack thereof, moments after the biggest play in the biggest game of his life to that point. Were his antics really all that shocking, all things considered?

That being said, I still hope Peyton shuts him up in the bowl

He called him a mediocre receiver. So what? Did he talk about him personally? Did he do anything to harm anybody? People are blowing this way out of proportion. It's football, it's a rivalry. If you want to watch players exchange pleasantries and be "besties" on the field, watch tennis or the Miami Heat or something. Sheesh. I can tell some of the people in here crying have never played sports before. Trash talk will always exist in sports. Granted, what he did wasn't in good sportsmanship...but the fake, generated outrage from the media and fans is a bit ridiculous. He was critical of an opponents skill set, or (in Sherman's opinion) lack thereof, moments after the biggest play in the biggest game of his life to that point. Were his antics really all that shocking, all things considered?

but but but think of the Children HBA!!

For the record, the majority of people here who thought Sherman acted inappropriately have said just that, with some commentry on why they think so. The majority of the 'crying' is coming from those supporting the actions of this very childish footballer. In fact, one 'side' is objecting about the actions of this guy, and the other 'side' is ranting at their fellow Colts fans.

Sums it up, really.

Here's the audio of the exchange between Sherman and Crabtree after the game ending interception.

Sherman was just saying "Hell of a game! Hell of a game!" and reached out for a handshake only to get shoved in the face by Crabtree.  No wonder he was angry when Erin Andrews caught up with him just moments after that.

Here's the audio of the exchange between Sherman and Crabtree after the game ending interception.

Sherman was just saying "Hell of a game! Hell of a game!" and reached out for a handshake only to get shoved in the face by Crabtree.  No wonder he was angry when Erin Andrews caught up with him just moments after that.

Wow so I guess Crabtree did do something to * him off/antagonize him. Everyone criticizing him for being unprovoked should watch this. Was the face shove really necessary by Crabtree though? He was just being a sore loser.  

That said he should have probably apologized for his actions, and he did exactly that the other day. 

For the record, the majority of people here who thought Sherman acted inappropriately have said just that, with some commentry on why they think so. The majority of the 'crying' is coming from those supporting the actions of this very childish footballer. In fact, one 'side' is objecting about the actions of this guy, and the other 'side' is ranting at their fellow Colts fans.

Sums it up, really.

......Did you read the OP?

Wow so I guess Crabtree did do something to * him off/antagonize him. Everyone criticizing him for being unprovoked should watch this. Was the face shove really necessary by Crabtree though? He was just being a sore loser.  

That said he should have probably apologized for his actions, and he did exactly that the other day. 

That's what Sherman said, but given their history, I doubt it was a sincere gesture of sportsmanship.  How often do you take the high road with the intent of being a jackwagon, ya know?  I probably would have done the same thing to Crabtree if I didn't like him. 

Keep grasping for straws...

Seriously, what did the guy do to get this perception from people that he's a "thug". When did Sherman correlate being a thug to racism?

Who is Chris Christie?

Not sure Sherman is correlating the term "thug" with racism but a few radio sportscasters who have been defending Sherman this week in the aftermath of his post game rant have made the correlation in his defense, saying that the word "Thug" was used an exuberate amount to describe Shermans behavior in the interviews and that it is disheartening that the a large % of the time word 'thug' is exclusively used to describe African Americans...

just saying,

I'm not a Sherman fan & I was not really surprised by him after the niners game, & it was actually entertaining in that WWE type of way, but I also am not surprised that many people find it excessive, or that people would use the word "thug" when a player screams that he is the best & that another player is a joke...

it's all pretty funny really.

Archived