Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman is an embarassment to the NFL

oldunclemark

Its degrading to him..

He's putting on a dog and pony show..because he feels it gets notice...

It doesn't matter whether he backs it up or not..

He has the righty to act any way he wants  but, if calmer interviews arer any indication.... Its a misrepresentatation of who he is......totally unsportsmanlike, embrassing to the game

......and it plays into a lot of darker stereoetypes.....he's punk twerking for his 'fans'

Bad in so many ways

OUM, i hear what you are saying but i will repeat he is not participating in a personality contest.

This is a tough physical game and emotions run high. He really doesn t care what people think of him and he shouldnt.

He made plays for his team to win and he did. He is paid to do that. He certainly doesnt care what type of personality he has.

What do you think of his game as a cornerback?.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are really losing me on this one. Sherman has been in the league for a few years now and the media is always coming to him precisely because he says these type of things. He has to be smarter. I have no issue with being brash and having bravado but to completely diss the other team and call one of their best WRs "lousy" is something I have never heard a player, much less a super star player who represents the league ever do. If he really could not control himself then walk away from the sideline reporter. This really isn't that hard.

I agree.

he's playing into a stereotype....that he feels makes favor with others....and making himself look like a clown for hire..

He' s too good a player and to smart a guy to keep acting like a roided up George Jefferson

Of course it dont and he never looked directly at her, he moved his head around slightly, keeping his eyes on the camera, He never got in her face

Please... he is shouting aggressively in response to questions she asks, standing a foot from her... you can even see her reaction, that is extremely disrespectful on Sherman's behalf.

This is thread is embarrassment....

"he's a thug"

"what about the children?!?!"

"Peyton doesn't act like that"

"NFL should suspend him!"

and someone even managed to get a shot in at both Sherman and Brady in the same post. Fantastic. 

Did anyone even watch the game? Sportsmanship got thrown out the window before the kickoff...The guy made the biggest play of his life, in what is the biggest stage he's ever had, against bitter rivals, in front of his home crowd, to help take his team to the biggest game in the world.....I know, lets stick a microphone in his face 2min after it happens, and see what he says!...

Some of you fans are so childish and petty, and look for any chance to be offended....Your watching a game where grown men hurl themselves at one another. Where men are grotesquely injured on a daily basis, for our enjoyment. And then you have the audacity to talk about 'class' and 'respect'. Shut up. 

No.

OUM, i hear what you are saying but i will repeat he is not participating in a personality contest.

This is a tough physical game and emotions run high. He really doesn t care what people think of him and he shouldnt.

He made plays for his team to win and he did. He is paid to do that. He certainly doesnt care what type of personality he has.

What do you think of his game as a cornerback?.

His game is strong..but I don't excuse the 'act'...

You don't (in my mind) get to be an unsportanlike cartoon just because you're good at yoru job

And have you heard him interviewed off the field? , He's highly intelligent.

He's clearly putting on an act...a mimick of what he thinks a new-age player should act like....the old minstrel show..dancing on the street for quarters

His team is fine......He's embarssing himself...

You are really losing me on this one. Sherman has been in the league for a few years now and the media is always coming to him precisely because he says these type of things. He has to be smarter. I have no issue with being brash and having bravado but to completely diss the other team and call one of their best WRs "lousy" is something I have never heard a player, much less a super star player who represents the league ever do. If he really could not control himself then walk away from the sideline reporter. This really isn't that hard.

Why should he walk away? He's allowed to embarrass players on the field. But he's not allowed to speak about it?

This PC world is growing tiresome. If I ask someone a question. I expect them to tell me the truth, to tell me how they feel, to express to me the emotions they are feeling, and why they feel the way they do....

Thats not happening anymore... Because when people do, threads like this get started on a national level about how someone 'should' talk, or how someone 'should' feel.... Well they dont feel the same way you do, they dont feel they need to speak in the manner you deem appropriate.... Why is that a bad thing? Why is it not okay for a man to say exactly how he feels?

His game is strong..but I don't excuse the 'act'...

You don't (in my mind) get to be an unsportanlike cartoon just because you're good at yoru job

And have you heard him interviewed off the field? , He's highly intelligent.

He's clearly putting on an act...a mimick of what he thinks a new-age player should act like....the old minstrel show..dancing on the street for quarters

His team is fine......He's embarssing himself...

He very well might be. But he doesnt care.

He made the biggest play of his life and punched a ticket for his team to go to SB. He is paid to do that and he did. 

He made the biggest play of his life and punched a ticket for his team to go to SB. He is paid to do that and he did.

Guys make big plays in the championship game every year. He is the first I've ever seen to act like that. I didn't see knighton act like that after sacking brady yesterday

Why should he walk away? He's allowed to embarrass players on the field. But he's not allowed to speak about it?

This PC world is growing tiresome. If I ask someone a question. I expect them to tell me the truth, to tell me how they feel, to express to me the emotions they are feeling, and why they feel the way they do....

Thats not happening anymore... Because when people do, threads like this get started on a national level about how someone 'should' talk, or how someone 'should' feel.... Well they dont feel the same way you do, they dont feel they need to speak in the manner you deem appropriate.... Why is that a bad thing? Why is it not okay for a man to say exactly how he feels?

How is totally trashing another team's player being PC? Pretty sure his comments would be frowned upon if he said them 20 years ago. Sherman can say whatever he wants which he usually does but anyone who has ever played a sport at any level understands there is a level of sportsmanship whether you win or lose especially at the pro level when kids are watching and emulating their favorite players. And his comments are actually self-deprecating as how he can be the best corner in game if Crabtree is such a lousy WR to begin with?

He's not paid to do a minstrel show...and that's what he';s doing......he does his dog and pony trailer park act because it gets him notice...

.....He's making himself a Dennis Rodman like fool and it would be okay if he was one

But he'll realize he's not./.

...he'll realize he's disrespecting himself...

Guys make big plays in the championship game every year. He is the first I've ever seen to act like that. I didn't see knighton act like that after sacking brady yesterday

Lot of players do this, he chooses to do it with the national TV.I dont know why you guys are so concerned about his behaviour. Lets assume he is classless, bad, etc but he doesn't care. He is helping his team win. Period.

Bart Scott did the same thing a few years back in the playoffs after a big win vs the Patriots in his CANT WAIT and cant stop a nose bleed speech (even swearing on camera), its an emotional game, you cant sit there and tell me these reporters dont know what they are doing interviewing guys that are very emotional after a big win or a loss...Its really being blown entirely out of proportion

He's not paid to do a minstrel show...and that's what he';s doing......he does his dog and pony trailer park act because it gets him notice...

.....He's making himself a Dennis Rodman like fool and it would be okay if he was one

But he'll realize he's not./.

...he'll realize he's disrespecting himself...

Well if he violates the rules of team or NFL, he will be punished. He was given an unsportmanlike conduct which he deserved. This is part of the game.

Anyways, i want to enjoy Peyton's win not to debate about something which shouldnt matter. Let you have the last word.

Bart Scott did the same thing a few years back in the playoffs, its an emotional game, you cant sit there and tell me these reporters dont know what they are doing interviewing guys that are very emotional after a big win or a loss...Its really being blown entirely out of proportion

Bart Scott did nothing like this. Not even close

Bart Scott did the same thing a few years back in the playoffs, its an emotional game, you cant sit there and tell me these reporters dont know what they are doing interviewing guys that are very emotional after a big win or a loss...Its really being blown entirely out of proportion

Can you really excuse degrading, unsportsmanlike conduct because 'its an emotional game'

Dear god, degrading? seriously?

Gavin..You don't see how Richard Sherman is playing into a stereotype and how he's degrading himself..??

He doesn't see it either..but he will..

He's a Stanford graduate.....highly intelligent..

He's putting on an ego-act for his fans...because it fels it works for him.

I dont want to go all-Stephen A Smith here..

..but that's the old minstrel show.......He's disgracing himself.....and the game 

His talent is overwhelmed by his mouth and lack of class.

Really a jerk...

..anybody see the post-game....and his . of taunting afterwards

He is an embarrassment to low class punks everywhere

I saw his post game right up to where Erin asked "who talked about you" and he opened his mouth and click.. I shut him off! 

"he's a thug"

and someone even managed to get a shot in at both Sherman and Brady in the same post. Fantastic.

Did anyone even watch the game? Sportsmanship got thrown out the window before the kickoff...The guy made the biggest play of his life, in what is the biggest stage he's ever had, against bitter rivals, in front of his home crowd, to help take his team to the biggest game in the world.....I know, lets stick a microphone in his face 2min after it happens, and see what he says!...

Some of you fans are so childish and petty, and look for any chance to be offended....Your watching a game where grown men hurl themselves at one another. Where men are grotesquely injured on a daily basis, for our enjoyment. And then you have the audacity to talk about 'class' and 'respect'. Shut up.

Counter point. You shut up.

Thoughts?

While I think some people in this thread maybe overreacting just a bit, Sherman made himself look downright silly in that post-game interview with Erin Andrews last night. I had no problem with anything he did on the field while the game was still going, including going over to Crabtree and giving him a hard time, because that's understandable (especially when Crabtree was running his mouth as well). It was after the game that was just downright embarrassing. He's an intelligent person but didn't sound anything remotely like it. His demeanor was just inappropriate for a post-game interview. Not to mention proclaiming yourself the greatest CB in the game multiple times is just putting a giant target on your back. How much you want to bet this guy just gets torched by the Bronco's receivers in two weeks after that spectacle last night? I bet Peyton and the Bronco WRs are looking forward to working with the "greatest CB in the game."

Talented guy, no doubt. Let's all remember that Sherman was running his mouth to TY before our game. ANd we know how TY responded! I've never been on the field during an NFL game, but I'd say it happens a lot and is just a part of the game

It was Brandon Browner who ran his mouth to TY. TY then showed him. :)

‘To Those Who Would Call Me a Thug or Worse …’

I show passion on the football field—but that’s only a small part of who I am. If you want to judge me, I can handle it.

By

Richard Sherman
· More from Richard·

What a night, and what a finish.
Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Best interview ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions were less supportive. My body ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.
Here’s what happened …
I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a nonsense holding call against me; the second ended the game. Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.
Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.
I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.
I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don’t know, he’s probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C’mon, you’re better than that.

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.”

Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him. 
It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person. When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field—don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.
But people find it easy to take shots on Twitter, and to use racial slurs and bullying language far worse than what you’ll see from me. It’s sad and somewhat unbelievable to me that the world is still this way, but it is. I can handle it.
One thing I can’t accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it’s true, it’s beyond terrible. That’s as low as it gets. I’m sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don’t think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he’s carted off a field. All players deserve better than that.
So here we are, in the Super Bowl. New York-bound. There will be a lot of talking, but at this point, after 18 games, there’s nothing left to say. We have the right mindset, and nothing can change that. We’ve treated every week like a championship opportunity and we’ll obviously continue to think that way. We deserve to be here. We didn’t sneak into the Super Bowl; we earned our way. Now every goal we set forth at the beginning of the season is in front of us.
The Broncos stand in our way, and it’s a large obstacle. They’ve got the smartest quarterback in football and receivers who are large (mostly), explosive with the football and run great routes. Wes Welker is quick and elusive, Eric Decker is a great receiver with hands and speed, and Demaryius Thomas is as strong as they come. And Peyton knows how to get each of them in spots.
It’s the No. 1 offense vs. the No. 1 defense. It’s a match made in heaven, and we couldn’t be more excited. If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, we get the opportunity.
http://mmqb.si.com/2...chael-crabtree/

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - skirting the filter
Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - skirting the filter

I show passion on the football field—but that’s only a small part of who I am. If you want to judge me, I can handle it.

By

Richard Sherman
· More from Richard·

What a night, and what a finish.
Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Best interview ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions were less supportive. My body ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.
Here’s what happened …
I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a nonsense holding call against me; the second ended the game. Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.
Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.
I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.
I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don’t know, he’s probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C’mon, you’re better than that.

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.”

Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him. 
It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person. When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field—don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.
But people find it easy to take shots on Twitter, and to use racial slurs and bullying language far worse than what you’ll see from me. It’s sad and somewhat unbelievable to me that the world is still this way, but it is. I can handle it.
One thing I can’t accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it’s true, it’s beyond terrible. That’s as low as it gets. I’m sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don’t think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he’s carted off a field. All players deserve better than that.
So here we are, in the Super Bowl. New York-bound. There will be a lot of talking, but at this point, after 18 games, there’s nothing left to say. We have the right mindset, and nothing can change that. We’ve treated every week like a championship opportunity and we’ll obviously continue to think that way. We deserve to be here. We didn’t sneak into the Super Bowl; we earned our way. Now every goal we set forth at the beginning of the season is in front of us.
The Broncos stand in our way, and it’s a large obstacle. They’ve got the smartest quarterback in football and receivers who are large (mostly), explosive with the football and run great routes. Wes Welker is quick and elusive, Eric Decker is a great receiver with hands and speed, and Demaryius Thomas is as strong as they come. And Peyton knows how to get each of them in spots.
It’s the No. 1 offense vs. the No. 1 defense. It’s a match made in heaven, and we couldn’t be more excited. If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, we get the opportunity.
http://mmqb.si.com/2...chael-crabtree/

Richard Sherman needs to * and go the classy route. Knock off all the yapping. 

Sorry, but choking signs and going off the deep end on National Television......busch league.  

tumblr_m2npdcJbkz1qh2jvho1_500.gif

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - quoted removed post

"he's a thug"

If Sherman was on our team and made that same exact play against the Patriots to send us to the Super Bowl fans would be jumping up and down loving him.

Sherman is just one of those players you love if he is on your team and hate him if he is not.

To call him an embarrassment to the NFL is such hyperbole especially considering some of the murderers, rapist, and druggies that have come and gone in the NFL, but hey a guy who trash talks is a embarrassment.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 21, 2014 - quoting removed post

"he's a thug"

Great Post, all though telling anyone on a forum to shut up is akin to asking a Bear not to maul your face in the woods. 

By

Richard Sherman

· More from Richard·

I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a nonsense holding call against me;

Not only did he come across as a crazy person in the Erin Andrews interview, he's completely delusional if he really believes that the holding call was nonsense.

Archived