Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib is unbelievably predictable

ColtsLegacy

This guy has no competitive spirit. Two championships in a row he goes out early in the game and doesn't return. He did this all the time with the Bucs as well, if he's being abused and/or is in a huge game he coincidentally goes out with an injury.

I usually don't question a guy who gets injured but this is just a continued pattern and he never looks like he's upset or angry that he is out of the game as you'd expect from a competitor.

I would not be surprised at all if Belichick let's someone else overpay for the part time player that is Talib.

P.S. I even said this in the "Talib....how do we deal with him" thread:

Talib will probably pull a hammy or re-injure his hip early in the game and never return. He has a tendency of doing that in big games.

Now, it was slightly in jest and i was referring to the Colts game but I'll be damned if he doesn't prove me right in regards to big game exits. He either has the worst luck/timing in the world or he is just another guy playing for the check.

I would never accuse a professional athlete of something like that - and he'd never get away with it regardless. BB may get rid of him if he's injury prone, but that's a different story.

They xrayed him before pulling him. Do you imagine that he hit his own chest with a hammer because he was too scared to go on the field and play? Injuries happen.

This guy has no competitive spirit. Two championships in a row he goes out early in the game and doesn't return. He did this all the time with the Bucs as well, if he's being abused and/or is in a huge game he coincidentally goes out with an injury.

I usually don't question a guy who gets injured but this is just a continued pattern and he never looks like he's upset or angry that he is out of the game as you'd expect from a competitor.

I would not be surprised at all if Belichick let's someone else overpay for the part time player that is Talib.

Now, it was slightly in jest and i was referring to the Colts game but I'll be damned if he doesn't prove me right in regards to big game exits. He either has the worst luck/timing in the world or he is just another guy playing for the check.

Dunno.  Welker racked him pretty good.

I would never accuse a professional athlete of something like that - and he'd never get away with it regardless. BB may get rid of him if he's injury prone, but that's a different story.

They xrayed him before pulling him. Do you imagine that he hit his own chest with a hammer because he was too scared to go on the field and play? Injuries happen.

lol at that. The stuff some people come up with is too funny. :)

Did you miss the part when limped into the locker room for an Xray and had a rib injury and a knee injury?

Demarius Thomas went off after Talib went out.. It was deja vu of last years AFCCG against the Ravens, where Talib was keeping Boldin in check until he went out with an injury and then Boldin proceeded to tear them up for the rest of the game.  Same exact thing happened in this game, Dennard was totally outsized and outmatched against Demarius Thomas that entire game and he lit them up.

Did you miss the part when limped into the locker room for an Xray and had a rib injury and a knee injury?

No, I saw that and I also saw it happen in last years AFC championship and I watched him do the same with the Bucs in big moments. As I said he either has the worst luck ever or he's a quitter. I understand my opinion is unpopular but I've seen this movie too many times.

No, I saw that and I also saw it happen in last years AFC championship and I watched him do the same with the Bucs in big moments. As I said he either has the worst luck ever or he's a quitter. I understand my opinion is unpopular but I've seen this movie too many times.

He played through a gimpy hip most of the season. Quitter is the last word I would use to describe him but to each his own. I hope the pats re-sign him.

No I hate them with a passion.

I'm jsut saying he did great against us and TY got most of his yards on 1 play.

I'm also not being sore/childish and accusing Talib of faking an injury or exaggerating at injury to not play in the Conference Chip.

I'm being "sore/childish" because I've watched Talib exit big games time and again, never return, and I dare question his toughness and heart?

Does anyone remember the flak Jay Cutler received when he exited the Bears playoff game a few years ago and never returned? Can you imagine if that happened two years in a row in the playoffs, let alone the championship game?

No I hate them with a passion. 

I'm jsut saying he did great against us and TY got most of his yards on 1 play. 

I'm also not being sore/childish and accusing Talib of faking an injury or exaggerating at injury to not play in the Conference Chip. 

TY had 3 catches over 20+ yards. 

I'm being "sore/childish" because I've watched Talib exit big games time and again, never return, and I dare question his toughness and heart?

Does anyone remember the flak Jay Cutler received when he exited the Bears playoff game a few years ago and never returned? Can you imagine if that happened two years in a row in the playoffs, let alone the championship game?

The Doctor could not clear him to play...

So to answer your first question YES. In your OP you make it pretty well known that you're accusing him of faking an injury or not playing through a slight injury (which it clearly wasn't). 

The Doctor could not clear him to play...

So to answer your first question YES. In your OP you make it pretty well known that you're accusing him of faking an injury or not playing through a slight injury (which it clearly wasn't).

Did you speak with the doctor? I have nothing to be "sore/childish" about, this is not about the Patriots, this is about Talib and his history. You are focusing on this game when this is not the first time this has happened, it happened in the last championship (last year) and was common when he was with the Bucs as well. I'm no sorcerer and I predicted (maybe guessed or assumed is more accurate) this would happen, though, off by a game.

Also, what about the Cutler situation? Why does Talib get a pass (twice) and Cutler gets blasted? Is it because the average viewer forgets about a CB when he's out of a game but nobody forgets about a QB? Or because a QB is generally considered more important? That doesn't seem fair.

As I said, maybe Talib has the worst luck and timing in the world or maybe not.

Did you speak with the doctor? I have nothing to be "sore/childish" about, this is not about the Patriots, this is about Talib and his history. You are focusing on this game when this is not the first time this has happened, it happened in the last championship (last year) and was common when he was with the Bucs as well. I'm no sorcerer and I predicted (maybe guessed or assumed is more accurate) this would happen, though, off by a game.

Also, what about the Cutler situation? Why does Talib get a pass (twice) and Cutler gets blasted? Is it because the average viewer forgets about a CB when he's out of a game but nobody forgets about a QB? Or because a QB is generally considered more important? That doesn't seem fair.

As I said, maybe Talib has the worst luck and timing in the world or maybe not.

What about Cutler? I live in Chicago and am not in the crowd that is flaming him. 

You insinuating that he faked an injury or that he wanted to sit out the rest of the game is very "sore/childish". Talib said that if could play, he would, Bellicheck didn't call him out or anything, in fact he acknowledged that he was injured and that the play was dirty (though I disagree). Essentially your being just like some conspiracy enthusiast here. 

What about Cutler? I live in Chicago and am not in the crowd that is flaming him.

You insinuating that he faked an injury or that he wanted to sit out the rest of the game is very "sore/childish". Talib said that if could play, he would, Bellicheck didn't call him out or anything, in fact he acknowledged that he was injured and that the play was dirty (though I disagree). Essentially your being just like some conspiracy enthusiast here.

What in the hell do I have to be "sore/childish" over, exactly? Please define "sore/childish" and explain to me how I am being it.

I don't know if "faked an injury" is the right way to put it and I never said that but he does just happen to get nicked up in big situations and just stands on the sideline watching the rest of the game far too often. It screams of no heart and/or toughness to me or he's just playing for the check.

I though I made the comparisons between Talib and Culter very clear. I never implied you ever bashed Cutler but that the media and fans did and made him the bad guy. On the other hand, Talib does the same thing twice+ (in bigger games) and he is made out to be the victim.

So, I ask why is it fair for people to question Cutler but not fair for me to question Talib when there is a history there, this is not a one time thing?

What in the hell do I have to be "sore/childish" over, exactly? Please define "sore/childish" and explain to me how I am being it.

I don't know if "faked an injury" is the right way to put it and I never said that but he does just happen to get nicked up in big situations and just stands on the sideline watching the rest of the game far too often. It screams of no heart and/or toughness to me or he's just playing for the check.

I though I made the comparisons between Talib and Culter very clear. I never implied you ever bashed Cutler but that the media and fans did and made him the bad guy. On the other hand, Talib does the same thing twice+ (in bigger games) and he is made out to be the victim.

So, I ask why is it fair for people to question Cutler but not fair for me to question Talib when there is a history there, this is not a one time thing?

You're certainly implying that he'd rather sit and watch is team lose when he is fully capable of playing. But he and the Coach said that he couldn't get back out there. I wouldn't think Billicheck would let that happen on his team. As in your response to the Cutler thing, I assume it is because he is a starting qb against his hated rival (GB),  and many weren't certain of the severity of the injury. Once it was known that he was pretty badly injured, only the * stuck around and gave him crap for not going back in. It's not fair, but that's not my issue with you here. I just don't like that you'd imply that. Hell we were saying the same thing about Toler... but he got on the field and showed that he couldn't even run. Talib would probably look even worse limping out there and hurting his team.  

You're certainly implying that he'd rather sit and watch is team lose when he is fully capable of playing. But he and the Coach said that he couldn't get back out there. I wouldn't think Billicheck would let that happen on his team. As in your response to the Cutler thing, I assume it is because he is a starting qb against his hated rival (GB), and many weren't certain of the severity of the injury. Once it was known that he was pretty badly injured, only the *s stuck around and gave him crap for not going back in. It's not fair, but that's not my issue with you here. I just don't like that you'd imply that. Hell we were saying the same thing about Toler... but he got on the field and showed that he couldn't even run. Talib would probably look even worse limping out there and hurting his team.

There are players out there that would rather sit and collect their check rather than play, even if it means losing. If you don't believe that you're extremely naive.

Just look at his history, how many coincidences does it take before it stops being a coincidence? I understand he and Belichick said he couldn't play (though I didn't hear Belichick specifically say that) but of course they are going to say that. The only one who really knows if he could play is Talib, not Belichick, not the doctor, but Aqib Talib (unless something was seriously broken or torn, which it wasn't).

I've seen enough of him (2 championship exits and similar history with the bucs as I've repeated multiple times) to question his heart and determination. Nothing you are saying or calling me a childish sore does not sway my opinion here.

How much longer do you want to have this back and forth? We clearly disagree.

There are players out there that would rather sit and collect their check rather than play, even if it means losing. If you don't believe that you're extremely naive.

Just look at his history, how many coincidences does it take before it stops being a coincidence? I understand he and Belichick said he couldn't play (though I didn't hear Belichick specifically say that) but of course they are going to say that. The only one who really knows if he could play is Talib, not Belichick, not the doctor, but Aqib Talib (unless something was seriously broken or torn, which it wasn't).

I've seen enough of him (2 championship exits and similar history with the bucs as I've repeated multiple times) to question his heart and determination. Nothing you are saying or calling me a childish sore does not sway my opinion here.

How much longer do you want to have this back and forth? We clearly disagree.

Yes you have no proof, so we do disagree. It's happened twice. Inopportune injuries happen all the time. Obviously you just wanna slander the dude, so keep going on. Pretty sure Bill or the doctor would have told him to get back on the field if he wasn't injured enough to the point of ineffectiveness or disabled. Knee injuries are very serious and you don't wanna risk tearing something if you start to feel wobbly on it. 

I don't like talib because he's on the Patriots and he's a thug, but i'm not in the party that thinks he's just faking an injury OR has no heart and just doesn't play in chip games.

Also when did he do this on the Bucs?

Yes you have no proof, so we do disagree. It's happened twice. Inopportune injuries happen all the time. Obviously you just wanna slander the dude, so keep going on. Pretty sure Bill or the doctor would have told him to get back on the field if he wasn't injured enough to the point of ineffectiveness or disabled. Knee injuries are very serious and you don't wanna risk tearing something if you start to feel wobbly on it.

I don't like talib because he's on the Patriots and he's a thug, but i'm not in the party that thinks he's just faking an injury OR has no heart and just doesn't play in chip games.

Also when did he do this on the Bucs?

I thought it was clear this was my opinion and I didn't have any facts but what is a fact is that Talib has gone out with an injury of some sort in two straight AFCCG and never returned and he made a habit of disappearing in Tampa as well. As for with the Bucs I honestly can't point to a particular game but he had a history of getting burnt early in a game for a TD and then watching the rest of the game from the sideline.

This is how I feel, this is my opinion, this is not my fact. Agree with me or don't, it does not affect me either way.

I thought it was clear this was my opinion and I didn't have any facts but what is a fact is that Talib has gone out with an injury of some sort in two straight AFCCG and never returned and he made a habit of disappearing in Tampa as well. As for with the Bucs I honestly can't point to a particular game but he had a history of getting burnt early in a game for a TD and then watching the rest of the game from the sideline.

This is how I feel, this is my opinion, this is not my fact. Agree with me or don't, it does not affect me either way.

That's what I figured. Fair enough, i don't agree about Tampa. But Facts are facts, he has been injured 2 title games straight...

I think it's just 2 injuries, just like how D Rose tore his Acl 1 year and now his Meniscus.