Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans outside Indy

DoubleE Colt

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the football team of my home state. But I became a Pacers fan when I was really little tho. So when I got a little older and was able to understand football I started watching it and fell in love. So I just watched the colts every week now I'm hooked for life to both teams haha

Went to a Colts @ 49ers game in 1966 @ Kezar Stadium in SF as a child and left the stadium as a Colts fan not a Niners fan. Nobody in my family was a Colts fan and nobody understood why this happened to me. I prefer fate or love at first sight but from then to this day no other football team has ever turned my head. The Montreal Alouttes are my current home team I live near Montreal but there is no attraction there even though they compete in a different country, league and with different rules. Not to say that I didn't try following the Alouettes when I came to Canada,I did but I can't feel anything for anothert team.... It's not logical.

Started a cowboys fan when I was 5. Colts were playing cowboys one night, cowboys were killing them. My dad has always been a colt fan and that particular night my uncle that was a cowboy fan, gave my dad such a hard time, I turned on the spot. Been a colt fan ever since. That was 1975 or 76. Seen the colts play the browns in Baltimore a few year later.

I live in Kentucky, but all my family are from Indianapolis and New Castle. I grew up being around my grandpa everyday, he has always been a huge Colts fan after they moved to Indy, so I became a fan because of him when I was a kid. I became a hardcore fan when I was 15.

I started watching Colts football when I started nursing school in 84 and was staying in Ft Wayne.  They showed all the Colts games, and not sure what it was , but i was drawn to the Colts.  Course I could only watch as studies allowed  LOL.  I graduated from nursing school in 87 and continued living in Ft Wayne.  Have been a fan ever since :)  I live in Ohio now,  and will never give up on the Colts !!!

I've lived in the Chicago area my whole life, and decided early on that I couldn't stand the Bears.

I became a Colts fan in '65, when I was 10.

I'd decided it would be the Colts or the Packers (since Bears fans hate them), and they met in a Championship game in '65.

Both Unitas and Cuozzo were injured, so Tom Matte, their HB played QB.

As heavy underdogs, the Colts lost a controversial game in OT, and I was hooked.

I'm the only non-Bears fan in the family.

I tell them I was born this way.

From Liverpool, England and watched the Superbowl as a kid (mainly for the half time show) so first game I watched as were early 2000s Patriots wins, fell in love with Dwight Freeney and Mathis' pass rush and obviously Peyton. Not sure why them but I did. Love them now.

Atlantic Canadian - Started with Faulk, but never became a full fledge fan until about 10 years ago. Before that just floated around with my favourite players and supported their team.  Peyton / Edge / Mathis won me over.

Just saw my first live game last weekend....

I'm located in Central Florida, so quite naturally I mostly followed the Bucs(*although I wasn't a die hard fan of theirs.*) Long story short, I hate the way the Dungy firing was handled by their organization. I didn't think he deserved to be released the way he was, after the way he came in and turned their franchise around, so I followed him to Indy. I have since been a die hard fan of the Colts and I love the team,players and the way things are handled with the franchise. #ColtStrong

Grew up in NE Pennsylvania and was a Johnny U fan ever since I was a kid. When my father took me on a bus trip to see the Colts play in run down Memorial Stadium in a snowstorm I was hooked. It didn't matter that the Colts moved to Indy or that I moved to Texas and now Alabama. But thank God for Direct TV and NFL Sunday Ticket!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 19, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, January 19, 2014 - off topic

So outside of Indianapolis being a connection why are you a fan of the Colts? Even more curious regarding fans outside of the States like myself. Apologies if there's been a thread already regarding this, feel free to direct me to it.

Before they were in Indy, they were in Baltimore. That's where they played their best football, IMO, with their best QB.

I was born in Istres, France (about 60 mins away from Marseille France), eventually moved to Indiana at the age of 9. My father is an Indiana native, and was a Colts fan back in '84 when they came here. I never really had a chance to watch them in France, but my dad kept shoving these blue Colts jerseys down my throat (Dickerson, Harbaugh, and Pollard) so I eventually accepted the fact that I was a Colts fan even though, again, I never really watched them. Once we moved to Indiana…I became a Colts fanatic.

Before they were in Indy, they were in Baltimore. That's where they played their best football, IMO, with their best QB.

Totally agree. Nice fans and city in Indy, but it feels like two different teams from two different eras

I’m from Norway and started following the Colts after the 2011 season.

Before the playoff in January 2012 I had only watched a couple of Super Bowl’s and seen American football on tv and in movies. I always thought it looked really interesting and I am a big sports fan so it intrigued me. That January I happened to buy a special tv channel for a month (to watch a couple of Manchester United games) and they showed the NFL playoff. I watched some games and got hooked, so I decided I wanted to follow the NFL more closely. I found Game Pass and bought an offseason subscription to try it out. Since I have always enjoyed watching sports more when I have someone to root for I decided I had to pick a team to follow. But I had no connection to any team or city so I decided to find a player first and to start following his team. When I did a little research on the NFL I came over Andrew Luck and saw that he was born September 12. 1989. I happen to also be born September 12. 1989 so then it wasn’t a hard choice.

I have to admit I was really lucky (no pun intended) because of the player Luck is, the type of organization the Colts are and that I could follow the new era with the new coaches and players from the start, it was perfect for me.

First football game I every saw as a kid was the Super Bowl with the Colts & Dallas, had to pick a team I liked the guys with the Horse Shoe on there helmet my brother picked the guys with the star on there helmet. The rest is history I am to this day a Colt fan, My brother is still a Dallas fan! I lived then in Rhode Island I now live in Fresno California.

Totally agree. Nice fans and city in Indy, but it feels like two different teams from two different eras

Do you think the team reflects the fanbase?

The Colts name should have changed when they left Baltimore. Colts because of horse racing makes sense. But Ravens might be a better fit for Baltimore and it happened long ago. Most team names are not as strongly linked to a city as were the Colts. The Packers, Cowboys, Dolphins wouldn't make sense anywhere else. When the Senators moved out of DC, they changed. Irsay should have changed the team name to something that meant Indy.

Do you think the team reflects the fanbase?

The Colts name should have changed when they left Baltimore. Colts because of horse racing makes sense. But Ravens might be a better fit for Baltimore and it happened long ago. Most team names are not as strongly linked to a city as were the Colts. The Packers, Cowboys, Dolphins wouldn't make sense anywhere else. When the Senators moved out of DC, they changed. Irsay should have changed the team name to something that meant Indy.

You mean like Baltimore did with the Browns?

I know I sound like a bandwagon. I became a Colts fan after Vanderjact missed the field goal against the steelers in 2005. Mostly because of Peyton Manning. I was a Buccaneers fan at that time and couldn't stand their fan base. Obnoxious and annoying. So I decided to be a Colts fan.

I lived in MD at that time but now I live in southern California.