Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some Of You Want Peyton Behind That O-Line This Season

theking213

I hope PM doesn't play, cause all he's risking is a far worse injury. The season is over, so don't risk it. That's my opinion, but I'm pretty sure PM will come back if he feels 100% ready to go and is taking hits in practice.

If Peyton can play, he will play. I can guarantee it, regardless of what the fans think.

Absolutely...

From what I know of him...he is not gojng to stand there while we go 0-16...if he is cleared to practice...

..and Caldwell will put him in .

Our line actually is a touch better than it was in 2010

I hope PM doesn't play, cause all he's risking is a far worse injury. The season is over, so don't risk it. That's my opinion, but I'm pretty sure PM will come back if he feels 100% ready to go and is taking hits in practice.

Misconception...Andy

From what I have read..Manning eithher is OK or he isnt...and he'll know when he starts to practice...

Its not a knee or an elbow.......He'd be as much at risk this December as he was last December..

Certainly he could get hurt again...

..but once he's cleared the risk is the same as it always was..

If Peyton can play, he will play. I can guarantee it, regardless of what the fans think.

You are wrong, sorry. The colts have a history of sitting starters in garbage time to "Avoid Injuries" and This season is now officially garbage time. We cannot make the playoffs, we're done. Don't risk an injury to Manning this season. Period.

Absolutely...

From what I know of him...he is not gojng to stand there while we go 0-16...if he is cleared to practice...

..and Caldwell will put him in .

Our line actually is a touch better than it was in 2010

Caldwell will not put Manning in because he is not the coach of this team. On the other hand, Bill Polian will put Manning in because he runs %$% around there. Bill Polian wanted to focus more on coaching so he gave more GM duties to his son, Chris Polian.

You are wrong, sorry. The colts have a history of sitting starters in garbage time to "Avoid Injuries" and This season is now officially garbage time. We cannot make the playoffs, we're done. Don't risk an injury to Manning this season. Period.

With the money the franchise is losing this season . . . do you honestly if Peyton wants to play they will tell him no?

With the money the franchise is losing this season . . . do you honestly if Peyton wants to play they will tell him no?

I do! I really hope they are not so scared of Peyton they will let him make irrational decisions with his health. Let me just say though, that I don't think for one second that Peyton has even the slightest chance of being healed before the end of this season so I doubt very much if the team ever has to make the decision.

Edited by Balzer40

I don't see Peyton risking his health for football (any more than is of course the necessary risks of the game). That is always one of the things we have respected about Peyton, his intelligence.

I see a lot of protective fans :) Nothing wrong with that. But I trust him to do what is best for him and the team.

While Peyton does have 1000% better pocket presence than Painter, he still is going to get sacked at least once

And one wrong hit in the wrong area can end his career. I want him to heal as much as possible the neck is not a thing to play around with. There are serious stuff going on in that area.

Now if he feels like he's ready sometime this season and the doctors clear him, I will be rooting like crazy and praying for him and the O-Line on every down.

Edited by theking213

I really don't want to see him played this season... please don't risk aggravating his injury. The only thing bringing him in could possibly do is cost us the number one pick in the draft. I'm not saying we throw games, but we don't risk Peyton. Simply put:

Pros of starting Manning

Win a game or two

Get the morale boost from having one of the best ever players back

Something less depressing to watch

Cons of starting Manning

Risk making his injury worse and shortening his career

Probably lose number one pick

Those two reasons would be both significantly detrimental to the future of this franchise. This season is a dud, let it go out quietly.

After multiple neck surgeries some of you want Peyton Manning to come back this season and take snaps behind that poor excuse of a offensive line?

Madness I say. Pure madness.

Agreed, would prefer that he be close to 100% for next season. I say use the remainder of the season to weed out the guys that don't need to wear a horseshoed helmet next year.

After multiple neck surgeries some of you want Peyton Manning to come back this season and take snaps behind that poor excuse of a offensive line?

Madness I say. Pure madness.

It doesn't matter what you or I want..

...a healthy player plays when you need him..

If Manning's healthy in December,..he's playing..

0-16 is madness. too

I can guarantee you that Peyton never gets hit in practice man. lol

Any way I agree that he shouldn't play this year. Just let the man heal. Not worth the risk at this point in the season.

Edited by Coltsman1788

I don't see Peyton risking his health for football (any more than is of course the necessary risks of the game). That is always one of the things we have respected about Peyton, his intelligence.

I see a lot of protective fans :) Nothing wrong with that. But I trust him to do what is best for him and the team.

The bottom line is..he doesnt have many games left....under ANY and ALL circumstances

You dont sit when you can play when you're days are numbered by Father Time...

Let a player play.

Misconception...Andy

From what I have read..Manning eithher is OK or he isnt...and he'll know when he starts to practice...

Its not a knee or an elbow.......He'd be as much at risk this December as he was last December..

Certainly he could get hurt again...

..but once he's cleared the risk is the same as it always was..

He's coming off neck surgery... if he played in December, that would be 3 months after his surgery, and with a neck surgery, a major one at that, he's at a higher risk. When you have cervical vertebrae surgery, the vertabrae is never the same after. It's less stable because it's one little thing in your neck, but a very important little thing...

Cervical-vertebrae-2.jpg

It's not never as stable and as John Brenkus of Sport Science said, a couple of big hits can wobble it out of place again. It needs to recover and fully heal and that takes 4 to 5 months. I would love to see PM behind the O-line, but is it really worth it? NO!

I think if Peyton actually tried to play this year, fans might not like what they saw. He probably wouldn't look too good. I mean how could he coming off of surgery and missing that much time? He's had no offseason prep whatsoever. Manning coming back and struggling would unnecessarily generate fear throughout the fan base. Let him heal up and come back after he has a full offseason to go through his regular prep routine, get in football shape, etc. You think fans are going crazy around here now...just imagine if Peyton came back and fell flat on his face or worse got seriously hurt.

Edited by Coltsman1788

are you insinuating that the franchise is somehow in financial trouble? Last time I checked The colts were one of the most cash rich teams in the league. One season of lost ticket sales won't hurt them as much as manning going out for good this season.

He's coming off neck surgery... if he played in December, that would be 3 months after his surgery, and with a neck surgery, a major one at that, he's at a higher risk. When you have cervical vertebrae surgery, the vertabrae is never the same after. It's less stable because it's one little thing in your neck, but a very important little thing...

Cervical-vertebrae-2.jpg

It's not never as stable and as John Brenkus of Sport Science said, a couple of big hits can wobble it out of place again. It needs to recover and fully heal and that takes 4 to 5 months. I would love to see PM behind the O-line, but is it really worth it? NO!

I work in orthopedics and see this type of procedure done all the time. The common mistake I see on these forums is calling what he has an injury, it's not, it's a condition, the procedure was done to correct a degenerate disc that was compressing a nerve. Nerve damage is no joke, and that is what has me worried, not how well the stabilizing prosthesis is embedded because I have seen those withstand head on car crashes. They keep blowing smoke about a nerve "regenerating", no the nerve will not magically regenerate, if they could then there wouldn't be so many people in wheelchairs due to nerve damage. What they should be saying is that the compressed nerve was inflamed and the constant pressure and inflammation was causing problems with feeling and control in his throwing arm, and now they are hoping that with that pressure relieved the nerve inflammation will subside w/o any long term effects. It is a dicy situation to say the least.