Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

I would say what he cost is very relivent to his performance.

Cleveland paid a 1st rounder and 2 other picks for him, yet they traded him away for a fraction of that only a season later.

For what they gave and what they got in return why didnt they asked for at least one more late round pick based on meeting certain performance goals ?

I would say because they knew he couldnt match any goals and they didnt want to negotiate they just wanted to dump him off as fast as they could before he was exposed for what he was.

If they had kept him another season they would have gotten nothing in return. We were a dream come true for them, a chance to lessen the blow.

So we gave up a first for him. Now the question is what did we get ? Did we get a guy who should only be used in 3rd and 1 situations ?

The draft pick we gave up for him makes a world of difference.

His being here is costing more money then his level of play is worth and has also stopped us from picking up a good player who could contribute right away in this years 1st round.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say what he cost is very relivent to his performance.

Cleveland paid a 1st rounder and 2 other picks for him, yet they traded him away for a fraction of that only a season later.

For what they gave and what they got in return why didnt they asked for at least one more late round pick based on meeting certain performance goals ?

I would say because they knew he couldnt match any goals and they didnt want to negotiate they just wanted to dump him off as fast as they could before he was exposed for what he was.

If they had kept him another season they would have gotten nothing in return. We were a dream come true for them, a chance to lessen the blow.

So we gave up a first for him. Now the question is what did we get ? Did we get a guy who should only be used in 3rd and 1 situations ?

The draft pick we gave up for him makes a world of difference.

His being here is costing more money then his level of play is worth and has also stopped us from picking up a good player who could contribute right away in this years 1st round.

The only thing I will say is there are some serious assumptions being made here.

What will a full season do ? He couldnt break 4 ypc in 2012 behind the 5th best O-line. We aren't gonna have a top 10 O-line.

He is a professional football player, he had an off season , maybe it wasnt with us but he had one so it wasnt like he had been out of football before he arrived here. He had his workouts.

He also had plenty of time to learn the playbook, that might have been a reasonable excuse the first few weeks, but he was here for months.

What if he gets a new OC next season ? Will he need a whole season to learn the new playbook too ?

He knew what to do when they play was called. I didnt see him go out for a pass when he was supposed to get the ball or block, he knew what to do, he just couldnt do his main job. Which is run the ball.

Yes the line he ran behind sucked, but if you know there won't be huge holes to run through then why would you dance and wiggle in the backfield ? Look for a crack and try to burst through.

The coaches should have pounded that dancing crap out of him, he isnt fast enough or elusive enough to break stride and dance.

I have no idea how he looks when running in the open field because he rarely made it there.

I have never been more down on any Colts player then I am on this guy. We paid about 5 rounds more then we should have for a player of his caliber. If he had been drafted in the 6th, which is closer to what his skills seem to match, he would have never been on any teams active roster. Perfectly written!!! He is the worst Colts running back I have ever seen, and the Colts need to get rid of him ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the physical tools are all there.  I don't know why the hesitation is there, but if he gets the confidence/understanding/whatever he needs, he'll be a force

He hesitates on every run...

Like you said he has all the physicall tools, its really just his mindset...

If you remember, Donald used to dance. Then he flipped a switch and started hitting the "tiny" hole given to him - thats when he started being a threat.

Can Trent do this? I sure hope so, but the light bulb is going to have to come on for him....

I think that he overthinks when he's on the field. He should run off his instinct. I don't think that its an issue of his knowledge of the playbook, he just looked like he was uncomfortable all year long. We don't really have much of a choice what to do, just make sure he keeps working with Edge, improve the OL, and allow him to gain some chemistry and confidence with the team.

I don't know if he'll ever be a Pro Bowl RB, or anything like that. I could see him easily being an 800 yard and 8 TD guy, but he definitely has all the physical gifts to be a Marshawn Lynch type player.

No, it just means its the official thread on this forum to talk about Trent instead of clogging the main page with three or four threads talking about the same topic.

Sears couldn't put "Official Ted Williams" on sporting goods unless Ted ok'd it.  This is different.

To me I dont think it matters if you believe in Richardson or not , you have yo prepare for the chance he is going to suck again.

You can't go into a season with a guy like him and a guy coming off a major injury.

They are going to have to make some moves in free agency.

I can't see using the draft to get a guy because we have other needs.

If Brown ask for big money then I would let him walk, he had a solid season but is still a second string talent.

We can't have a power running team if we have no running backs.

To me I dont think it matters if you believe in Richardson or not , you have yo prepare for the chance he is going to suck again.

You can't go into a season with a guy like him and a guy coming off a major injury.

They are going to have to make some moves in free agency.

I can't see using the draft to get a guy because we have other needs.

If Brown ask for big money then I would let him walk, he had a solid season but is still a second string talent.

We can't have a power running team if we have no running backs.

I agree with this. We cannot go into the season with Trent as our guy and Ballard coming off an ACL injury. We cannot just hope that Trent gets it in the power running game. We need to make moves accordingly and if Trent tears it up then great, but if he bombs then we have something as plan B.

It is kind of like the offseason for the Pacers. They made moves to bolster the bench even though Granger was coming back. They could not count on Granger and I do not think we can count on Trent.

I really hope Trent does get it and tears it up because having a real run game to supplement Luck would really put our offense over the top.

Any NFL player looks good in the open field, or with field in front of them. He is a RB not a strict screen pass catcher. You know how 1 dimensional we'd be if every play that Rich was in led to a pass to Rich? He hasn't shown crap imo. 

Richardson sure is not a good RB....he is slow and hesitant to the hole and goes down far too easy.

We will probably have 2 UDFAs in camp who will outperform him.

All of us trent haters will get the last laugh next year when trent sucks again. Then we will all still get ripped on again as the rest of the people dream up more excuses for trent on how its not his fault.......even though numbers dont lie,still gets defended with a million reasons......then everybody will still want him back a third year. Smh

I dont hate Trent, I hate that Trent is on the Colts and cost us a 1st round draft pick.

Richardson didnt ask to come here and fail, Grigson was responsible for that.

Maybe after a few years, when they finally give up on Richardson Grigson will admit he made a monumental bad call by trading for the guy.

We are starting to look like the Redskins, trading picks for bad players and overpaying for free agents.

I dont hate Trent, I hate that Trent is on the Colts and cost us a 1st round draft pick.

Maybe after a few years, when they finally give up on Richardson Grigson will admit he made a monumental bad call by trading for the guy.

We are starting to look like the Redskins, trading picks for bad players and overpaying for free agents.

How many games did the redskins win?

Rome wasnt burnt down in a day.

Yes but Dan Snyder wasn't the Foreman on that job.

Grigson hasn't made ruined this team, T-Rich ( when we get decent linemen) will be our Marshawn Lynch- I gentleman wager that.

And for those people who say "how come Brown,Choice and Bradshaw can run behind this line?" Same way those running backs don't have someone immediately meet them in the backfield in a lot of plays.

I dont hate Trent, I hate that Trent is on the Colts and cost us a 1st round draft pick. Richardson didnt ask to come here and fail, Grigson was responsible for that. Maybe after a few years, when they finally give up on Richardson Grigson will admit he made a monumental bad call by trading for the guy. We are starting to look like the Redskins, trading picks for bad players and overpaying for free agents.

I still think he'll become an NFL star. Did you see him play in college? Very strong runner. Bama had a very good o-line, but he was a great college player. He's going to be a pro bowl player.

I still think he'll become an NFL star. Did you see him play in college? Very strong runner. Bama had a very good o-line, but he was a great college player. He's going to be a pro bowl player.

The pro bowl would be perfect for him, nobody tries there.

Yes but Dan Snyder wasn't the Foreman on that job.

Grigson hasn't made ruined this team, T-Rich ( when we get decent linemen) will be our Marshawn Lynch- I gentleman wager that.

And for those people who say "how come Brown,Choice and Bradshaw can run behind this line?" Same way those running backs don't have someone immediately meet them in the backfield in a lot of plays.

I'm all for wagers. Wanna bet avatars for a year ? I win I pick yours, you win you pick mine. Just set some reasonable goals for good old Richardson and I'm all for it.

I'm all for wagers. Wanna bet avatars for a year ? I win I pick yours, you win you pick mine. Just set some reasonable goals for good old Richardson and I'm all for it.

you should make the goal... minimum =1000 yds/300 rec/9 td ... I still don't think that would make him worth a 1st, but would at least put him contention for top 10 RBs

I agree on the "give him an offseason and TC" crap. Because thats what it is...pure crap! Like you said, he had an offseason and training camp...who cares if it was with another team. It does not take that long for a RB to get familier with a playbook. Thats a pathetic and invalid excuse that people use to try and convince themselves he's better than he is.

Perhaps the person who cares, is the one who is explaining how hard it is to learn a completely different system in the middle of the season.

you should make the goal... minimum =1000 yds/300 rec/9 td ... I still don't think that would make him worth a 1st, but would at least put him contention for top 10 RBs

Does he have all 3 for me to win or atleast 2 etc? and the wager is only valid if Grigson makes atleast 1 move in FA to the O-line over 2 million dollars. 

Does he have all 3 for me to win or atleast 2 etc? and the wager is only valid if Grigson makes atleast 1 move in FA to the O-line over 2 million dollars. 

That's between you and modern, he threw out the bet ... I was just throwing in my 2 cents about where I would put the line if I were him,...but, you might want to come up with some other benchmarks to win with only 2/3 maybe include ypc or combined yards.  Though if I were you and wanted to put a stipulation on the Oline I would go higher than $2 million; McGlynn was making $1.9 million.

I will be curious to see what you guys come up with.

It is all self-inflicted wounds....you just need to stop doing it and build through the draft almost exclusively.

I keep rooting for Trent, because I desperately WANT to believe. I want to be wrong...

I have a similar feeling, though, when it comes to running backs as I do to musicians. You have to demonstrate particular skills before you are ever asked to familiarize yourself with a playbook. A musician has to have feel and natural ability. Elusiveness, breaking tackles and finding holes in a split second are god given talents. Time within a system will not necessarily improve your ability to be successful. This is why rookie running backs often thrive in new environments. I truly believe there is a 25% chance that Richardson turns it around next year and has a breakout year. There is just too much evidence to the contrary...I think Ballard will be our featured back and have a pro bowl season as a matter of fact...