Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson Saving Face?

GoDeep

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all be a little more patient with Trent Richardson?  We took him in the 2014 Draft at pick 26 (we could still refer to him as a rookie next season right?)...  we took Donald Brown in the 2009 Draft at pick 27.

Donald Brown Yr 2:

Season Team     Games Rushing                         Receiving                      Fumbles

GP GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost  

2010 Indianapolis Colts 13 8 129 497 3.9 49      2   20   205 10.3 25   0     –    –

Trent Richardson Yr 2

Season Team         Games Rushing                         Receiving                  Fumbles

2013 Indianapolis Colts 14 8 157 458 2.9   22    3   28   265 9.5 24     1    2       1

Yes he has less rushing yards, but has 2 more touchdowns and more receiving yards... the Fumbles suck but stuff happens...  There is really not a whole lot of difference between the two RBs...  for essentially the same draft pick.  maybe we just need to take a step back and let this unfold.

Can we all be a little more patient with Trent Richardson? We took him in the 2014 Draft at pick 26 (we could still refer to him as a rookie next season right?)... we took Donald Brown in the 2009 Draft at pick 27.

Donald Brown Yr 2:

Season Team Games Rushing Receiving Fumbles

2010 Indianapolis Colts 13 8 129 497 3.9 49 2 20 205 10.3 25 0 – –

Trent Richardson Yr 2

Season Team Games Rushing Receiving Fumbles

2013 Indianapolis Colts 14 8 157 458 2.9 22 3 28 265 9.5 24 1 2 1

Yes he has less rushing yards, but has 2 more touchdowns and more receiving yards... the Fumbles suck but stuff happens... There is really not a whole lot of difference between the two RBs... for essentially the same draft pick. maybe we just need to take a step back and let this unfold.

Trent isnt a rookie. He has 2 years in the league. If you trade a pick for a player you aren't gonna consider him a rookie.

I'm not saying he had even a decent season I didn't really understand the trade to begin with. But what did everyone expect grigson to say. We just have to hope he turns it around next season

This is called backtracking. You just made the same point as I when I said the comments by Grigson weren't indicative of Trent's actual abilities. Try to be consistent

This is called backtracking. You just made the same point as I when I said the comments by Grigson weren't indicative of Trent's actual abilities. Try to be consistent

Not back tracking at all. I simply said Richardson is a better blocker than brown

All these people on here defending Richardson just because he's a good blocker is insane! We got this guy to be a good RUNNER not a blocker, especially after giving up a number 1 draft choice to get him.Like Grigson is going to tell the press, Oh I totally blew it on this trade, but that's exactly what he did and he doesn't want to admit it. Richardson is the worst Colt's runner I have ever seen, and for all you dreamers out there, I got news for ya he's not going to get any better!

All these people on here defending Richardson just because he's a good blocker is insane! We got this guy to be a good RUNNER not a blocker, especially after giving up a number 1 draft choice to get him.Like Grigson is going to tell the press, Oh I totally blew it on this trade, but that's exactly what he did and he doesn't want to admit it. Richardson is the worst Colt's runner I have ever seen, and for all you dreamers out there, I got news for ya he's not going to get any better!

can i borrow your crystal ball?

can i borrow your crystal ball?

I actually agree here. Yeah, Trent was horrible at running the ball, but so was Brown his first 4 years.

And let's look at another Alabama RB Ingram for the Saints. He was quite underwhelming his first 2 years but has come a long way since. He's literally a different back then he was 2 years ago. So give Trent time. He could surprise a lot of us with proper offseason training

If he is a game changer then why did they make Brown the starter ?

After a few games Grigson had to know he'd been had by the Browns. He ain't gonna admit it, nobody has ever met a person who will say they are bad at their job. Thats not to say Grigson is bad, yet, but last years draft and trading a 1st for Richardson makes me think he could possibly be a one hit wonder.

No matter what he isnt gonna say " man I really goofed on that trade, that guy stinks".

All he can do is hope and pray Richardson comes out looking way better all season then he did on his best day this season. Irsay wants rings, and after the Polian years I dont think he is gonna be as patient with his GM's. He isnt going to want to have one of the best QB's in the league sitting at home watching the Superbowl.

The Homers here have the same problem.

The Worst off-season move in the NFL last year was the Grigson/Pagano? decision to trade THIS YEARS PFF Top Rated

Pass Rusher Jerry Hughes for the Previous years PFF Worst rated edge player Walden (at TWICE the $ALARY)

Cherilus was decent, as the HIGHEST PAID RT.

Pro Bowls 0

Trent Richardson

Everyone else ran OK behind GRIGSONS Pitiful line. Worst move of This NFL season? A high chance IMO!

Which Grigson FA signing met or exceeded his contract? lmao!

Werner

Not a top athlete to be a VG or better pass rusher. Can he be better than Walden? Good grief i hope so. The O-Line wasn`t fixed thou as Grigsons Man McGlynn was still on the Roster and a STARTER. Pitiful!

PAGANOS 4 (NO) Position man LINK over Ijalana. An Awful decision.

The Homers here have the same problem.

The Worst off-season move in the NFL last year was the Grigson/Pagano? decision to trade THIS YEARS PFF Top Rated

Pass Rusher Jerry Hughes for the Previous years PFF Worst rated edge player Walden (at TWICE the $ALARY)

Cherilus was decent, as the HIGHEST PAID RT.

Pro Bowls 0

Trent Richardson

Everyone else ran OK behind GRIGSONS Pitiful line. Worst move of This NFL season? A high chance IMO!

Which Grigson FA signing met or exceeded his contract? lmao!

Werner

Not a top athlete to be a VG or better pass rusher. Can he be better than Walden? Good grief i hope so. The O-Line wasn`t fixed thou as Grigsons Man McGlynn was still on the Roster and a STARTER. Pitiful!

PAGANOS 4 (NO) Position man LINK over Ijalana. An Awful decision.

If your are whining about Jerry Hughes, then there is no hope. Really none.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314233/article/trent-richardson-a-vital-part-of-colts-success-gm-says

I guess this is from the presser today. GM Ryan Grigson asserts that the Colts don't win 12 games without Richardson. The author suggests that maybe we win 13. Is this just Grigson defending the trade in light of a 2.9 YPC? He doesn't really believe this, right?

Would it have been better that he said we won 12 games DESPITE Richardson?  He's building up the guy's confidence, nothing more.

Not back tracking at all. I simply said Richardson is a better blocker than brown. quote]

Brown WAS terribad vs New England. Trent had an equally terrible game in week 1 when he was a Brown. Those two games make it a wash in the overall grade.

Brown was mostly ok. The difference to me is that Brown was beaten when he failed, whereas Trent was missing assignments when he failed. But this is just my opinion. It's true that the pff pass blocking grades are nearly identical.

Trent Richardson was all anyone could talk about for weeks after this trade.  I was told by a coworker and couldn't believe how lucky the Colts were.  I find it hard to blame the gm when our rb just went down with an injury and someone as good as Trent popped up. 

Making these kinds of deals are what separates Grigson from the rest of the pack. 

Trent Richardson was all anyone could talk about for weeks after this trade. I was told by a coworker and couldn't believe how lucky the Colts were. I find it hard to blame the gm when our rb just went down with an injury and someone as good as Trent popped up.

Making these kinds of deals are what separates Grigson from the rest of the pack.

Not nessicarily in a good way.

Drafting a bust in the first round happens, but trading your first rounder for a player who stinks, that's a different ballgame.

Grigson had stats, video, all kinds of info on Richardson from his time in the NFL. This wasn't a situation where it was a surprise the guy didnt do well. He had all the numbers from last year and the numbers from a couple of games this year in front of him and he went for it.

That looks way worse then drafting a guy who doesnt work out. He had proof in front of him that so far the guy wasnt living anywhere near his first round status and he went for it anyways.

Thats inexcusable. This was a first round pick, the most coveted way to build a team and he traded his for a guy that had so far shown no flashes yet. 2 runs for over 20 yards and less then 4 yards a carry behind a good offensive line.

Pretty much everyone knows that these days you dont take a runningback in the 1st amd you surely dont trade away your first for a runningback who has yet to show anything beyond average numbers. I dont see how this trade can be justified unless Grigson used Madden ratings or just went entirely off name recognition.

I dont think many of any GM's would have made the trade.

Drafting a bust in the first round happens, but trading your first rounder for a player who stinks, that's a different ballgame.

Grigson had stats, video, all kinds of info on Richardson from his time in the NFL. This wasn't a situation where it was a surprise the guy didnt do well. He had all the numbers from last year and the numbers from a couple of games this year in front of him and he went for it.

That looks way worse then drafting a guy who doesnt work out. He had proof in front of him that so far the guy wasnt living anywhere near his first round status and he went for it anyways.

Thats inexcusable. This was a first round pick, the most coveted way to build a team and he traded his for a guy that had so far shown no flashes yet. 2 runs for over 20 yards and less then 4 yards a carry behind a good offensive line.

Pretty much everyone knows that these days you dont take a runningback in the 1st amd you surely dont trade away your first for a runningback who has yet to show anything beyond average numbers. I dont see how this trade can be justified unless Grigson used Madden ratings or just went entirely off name recognition.

I dont think many of any GM's would have made the trade.

So, the way you blow a first rounder is more important than the mere fact that you blew it in the first place? I guess that's true, but all I care about is that we don't have a first rounder this year. That's the reason I didn't like the trade to begin with. Plus the fact that I -- like you -- don't think RBs are worth first rounders. I disagree with the sentiment that Richardson isn't a good player, which is growing more and more (for good reason; he didn't have a good year, but extenuating circumstances and all that...)

At this point, though, what do you want Grigson to say? Seriously, give me some idea...

Lastly, some perspective would be nice. It's never fun when it happens to your team, but GMs blow first rounders all the time. Even good ones.

Yes my point was that Richardson didnt have a pro day or something that made Grigson pull the trigger. He had a whole season to show what he could do, and he didnt do too well, certainly not first round worthy.

I think he was reaching trying to get a franchise back and blew it big time. He ignored the numbers from the NFL and went with the college numbers I guess, which was the dumbest thing to do.

This is way worse then a first round bust, this was a double bust.

Yes my point was that Richardson didnt have a pro day or something that made Grigson pull the trigger. He had a whole season to show what he could do, and he didnt do too well, certainly not first round worthy.

I think he was reaching trying to get a franchise back and blew it big time. He ignored the numbers from the NFL and went with the college numbers I guess, which was the dumbest thing to do.

all you care about is ypc. Other than that trich was good last year. And ypc can be deceiving

all you care about is ypc. Other than that trich was good last year. And ypc can be deceiving

Other then the most important stat he was good .....

So as long as we get him the ball at the one yard line every game he is gonna be awesome.

1st and 10 you hand him the ball. Now its second and 8, you give him the ball again, now its 3rd and 5. Defense knows its gonna be a pass, forget about play action, they know you ain't gonna hand him the ball. Drop everyone back in coverage, oh no they handed him the ball, he waits, does the cabbage patch, then finally runs, 4th and 1, bring out McAfee.

Ypc is huge.

He poses zero threat to anything longer then 3 yards. He can't find a hole, he waits, he dances, and he is tackled.

If you are not picking up ypc then your running game is a liability and not an asset. The defense will be able to predict your plays much easier because they know you can't pick up yards on the ground.

You have a small lead, you wanna kill the clock, Trent is no help because he can't run and pick up yardage consistently.

Ypc is huge, ypc is the main thing you want from your running back.

There's no such thing as a double bust. It cost us a first rounder, and that's it. Richardson still has a chance to contribute to the team. Relax.

Wanna see a really bad trade? Go look at what the Seahawks gave up for Percy Harvin + the contract they gave him. Then look at the player the Vikings drafted with the Seahawks pick. Then stop complaining about the Trent Richardson trade. It's over, and as bad as it was, it's not that bad. It's not even the worst trade of the season.

There's no such thing as a double bust. It cost us a first rounder, and that's it. Richardson still has a chance to contribute to the team. Relax.

Wanna see a really bad trade? Go look at what the Seahawks gave up for Percy Harvin + the contract they gave him. Then look at the player the Vikings drafted with the Seahawks pick. Then stop complaining about the Trent Richardson trade. It's over, and as bad as it was, it's not that bad. It's not even the worst trade of the season.

Well said....

And another bad trade?     Look at how little Tampa Bay got for LeGarrette Blount. 

A 7 and WR, Jeff Demps, a converted track guy.    Not sure that guy is even still on the team?!?

I understand trading Blount because you had (the Boise kid whose name escapes me)...   but get some return for what you're trading away.....

I would say its the worst trade of the season. Harvin has produced before, drafting a player who becomes a bust is somewhat justified because of the unknown factors.

In Richardson's case I would say he Is a double bust. He was a bust in Cleveland, otherwise why would they have gave up so much for him and got back only a portion of it in one season. They recognized what they had and wanted out. Grigson had numbers, tape, people he could call and ask what they thought, and he still traded a first for him.

He was a bust for their first rounder and has been a bust for ours. He is a double bust if there ever was a double bust. He won't make it to a triple bust because nobody would even consider giving another first for him.

He is bustarific, the bustiest, a double bust with cheese and ketchup. The glass bottle kinda ketchup that comes out real slow.

I would say its the worst trade of the season. Harvin has produced before, drafting a player who becomes a bust is somewhat justified because of the unknown factors.

In Richardson's case I would say he Is a double bust. He was a bust in Cleveland, otherwise why would they have gave up so much for him and got back only a portion of it in one season. They recognized what they had and wanted out. Grigson had numbers, tape, people he could call and ask what they thought, and he still traded a first for him.

He was a bust for their first rounder and has been a bust for ours. He is a double bust if there ever was a double bust. He won't make it to a triple bust because nobody would even consider giving another first for him.

He is bustarific, the bustiest, a double bust with cheese and ketchup. The glass bottle kinda ketchup that comes out real slow.

Richardson wasn't a bust in Cleveland. 1,300 yards from scrimmage and 12 touchdowns is NOT a bust, not in this universe. Either use a different word or admit that you're overselling your point. Or continue to sound/look silly; it's up to you.

And you obviously haven't paid any attention to what the Seahawks gave up for Percy Harvin. There's no way the Richardson trade is as bad. It's not even close.

Well said....

And another bad trade?     Look at how little Tampa Bay got for LeGarrette Blount. 

A 7 and WR, Jeff Demps, a converted track guy.    Not sure that guy is even still on the team?!?

I understand trading Blount because you had (the Boise kid whose name escapes me)...   but get some return for what you're trading away.....

The Bucs were trying to get rid of Blount because of character concerns. It's one of the biggest ways that Greg Schiano failed the organization, pushing talented but troubled players out because he didn't get along with them (Blount and Freeman). Like they did with Freeman, they probably would have released Blount if it came down to it. So it's a little different. But your point is well taken; they obviously could have waited and gotten more for a player of his caliber.

And you are bustarooing my *.

Edited by Superman

Richardson wasn't a bust in Cleveland. 1,300 yards from scrimmage and 12 touchdowns is NOT a bust, not in this universe. Either use a different word or admit that you're overselling your point. Or continue to sound/look silly; it's up to you.

And you obviously haven't paid any attention to what the Seahawks gave up for Percy Harvin. There's no way the Richardson trade is as bad. It's not even close.

those td's are irrelevant. If he had 0.5 more yards a carry, he would have had a good year.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 19, 2014 - complaining about moderation
Hidden by Superman, January 19, 2014 - complaining about moderation

And you are bustarooing my *.

That is quite easily the most ridiculous piece of 'censorship' in the history of this forum, considering the context. Try and equate it to movie censorship. If that phrase, said properly, was in a movie, you think the rating would go to an 'R'?

I'm 100% behind keeping this place family friendly, but really?