Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Matt Leinart have sour grapes or what?

chad72

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/matt-leinart-warner-not-whisenhunt-got-us-to-a-super-bowl/

Matt Leinart, probably can't face the fact that he failed as a top 15 draft pick with the Cardinals, it seems like. I am even more disappointed that he chose to take this shot at coach Wisenhunt.

Yep, Wisenhunt had absolutely nothing to do with the Chargers' playcalling this year and winning, hmmm...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/matt-leinart-warner-not-whisenhunt-got-us-to-a-super-bowl/

Matt Leinart, probably can't face the fact that he failed as a top 15 draft pick with the Cardinals, it seems like. I am even more disappointed that he chose to take this shot at coach Wisenhunt.

Yep, Wisenhunt had absolutely nothing to do with the Chargers' playcalling this year and winning, hmmm...

I think Leinart might have a point. If teams believe they could depend on Wisenhunt to develop a QB they might be on a wrong track. Kurt Warner and Phillip Rivers are well established veterans and it would require less to revive them than to start a new QB project from scratch. After Warner Wisenhunt did not have any success at Cardinals. This time in Tennessee it could be bad again since Locker is never a good QB.

I think Leinart might have a point. If teams believe they could depend on Wisenhunt to develop a QB they might be on a wrong track. Kurt Warner and Phillip Rivers are well established veterans and it would require less to revive them than to start a new QB project from scratch. After Warner Wisenhunt did not have any success at Cardinals. This time in Tennessee it could be bad again since Locker is never a good QB.

The only thing I would say is Warner was languishing in NY before he went to the Cardinals and revived his career with Whiz. And Rivers was coming off his two worst seasons of his career until this year with Whiz and he looked like the old Rivers again.

This time in Tennessee it could be bad again since Locker is never a good QB.

The thing is, Jake Locker was one of the top 5 QBs in the league in turnover ratio when he got his first injury. It seemed like he was on his way to keep the Titans competitive. When he tried to come back from his injury, things went south. So, obviously, the ability is there.

Well, Todd Haley had a year or two of growing pains before he opened up the offense at Pittsburgh. He was the OC with Kurt Warner with Fitzgerald and Boldin at his disposal.

But still, it is a cheap shot from a QB who is choosing to go this route just to stay relevant in the public realm.

Why would anyone take Leinart's side on this issue?

Here's a guy who is a top 15 draft pick who sat at for so long trying to milk the Cardinals for as much money as he could where even the head coach Dennis Green said in a press conference that it's time for Matt to sign the contract.  He gets his money and can't even perform as a QB.

He spent his years as a NFL QB partying with a bunch of girls on MySpace that look like teenagers and getting drunk.  He never left his immature frat boy mentality at USC.

Whisenhunt was the OC when Steelers won the SB in 2005.

Whisenhunt was the HC when Arizona went to SB and almost won except a miraculous play by the Jets WR ( forgot his name ).

Whisenhunt took over as OC and Rivers is playing great.

Now, what has Leinart done in NFL. More he talks, more dumber he will look.

Leinhart MAY have a point but still the guy probably has personal issues with the coach.

Wasn't it Leinart during Super Bowl week who said he was happy being Kurt's back up? I have to find that quote. Really made me laugh at the time.

I wish someone would pay me 7 figures to be a backup QB in the NFL as long as I never get called up to play.  I'd be happy to be a backup QB in the NFL ;-)

But I get your point a top 15 pick should be pushing for the starters job.  

The only thing I would say is Warner was languishing in NY before he went to the Cardinals and revived his career with Whiz. And Rivers was coming off his two worst seasons of his career until this year with Whiz and he looked like the old Rivers again.

this ones abit to me cause theres alot to take in like new players then who you are playing but he could of helped rivers hes got good history but guess we will find out next season

Leinhart MAY have a point but still the guy probably has personal issues with the coach.

I wish someone would pay me 7 figures to be a backup QB in the NFL as long as I never get called up to play.  I'd be happy to be a backup QB in the NFL ;-)

He was the starter. Kurt Warner beat him out though, and after that happens it's hard to regain the coaches trust again lol.

I don't like Leinert and I'm not saying he is right, but I do not understand the fascination people suddenly had for Whiz. I don't think he done anything very remarkable anywhere he's ever been. I think his value as a HC is wildly over rated.

I don't know about fascination. I just think he was given a terrible roster. They had holes even with Warner, particularly at OL and on the defense.

To me, Cardinals management did a terrible job trying to get him a good QB after Warner left. First they stuck him with Derek Anderson, which was just dumb. Then they overpaid for Kolb, he got hurt and/or sucked, and then they were reduced to guys like John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer. Meanwhile, they got the defense right with Ray Horton, which was a significant turnaround. But they couldn't do anything offensively with that nonsense of a QB rotation. 

Whisenhunt had some success with the Cardinals, and deserves credit for that. Did a good job with the Chargers as well, though part of that is likely McCoy. Maybe he was overrated by some, I get that. But out of all the retread candidates from the last couple of years, I thought he was easily the best. I'd rather have him than Lovie. I think it's a strong hire.

Its hard to tell exactly how well Whisenhunt is also when it comes to developing a young QB versus taking the reigns of an offense that already has an established veteran - especially the caliber of Warner and Rivers. Perhaps that was part of the problem with Leinart and the other young QBs on those Cardinal teams. Just speculation though. You can be a great Xs and Os guy and still be a lousy teacher. Roethlisberger might have been his lone exception. However you could credit Mark Whipple (QB coach) for that, but then if you did that, you'd have to saddle Whipple with Brandon Weeden too.

Let's see how Whiz fares with Locker.

I don't know about fascination. I just think he was given a terrible roster. They had holes even with Warner, particularly at OL and on the defense.

To me, Cardinals management did a terrible job trying to get him a good QB after Warner left. First they stuck him with Derek Anderson, which was just dumb. Then they overpaid for Kolb, he got hurt and/or sucked, and then they were reduced to guys like John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer. Meanwhile, they got the defense right with Ray Horton, which was a significant turnaround. But they couldn't do anything offensively with that nonsense of a QB rotation. 

Whisenhunt had some success with the Cardinals, and deserves credit for that. Did a good job with the Chargers as well, though part of that is likely McCoy. Maybe he was overrated by some, I get that. But out of all the retread candidates from the last couple of years, I thought he was easily the best. I'd rather have him than Lovie. I think it's a strong hire.

He also won a Super Bowl with the Steelers as OC in 2005. I still think his job of coaching up a second year player in Roethlisberger was some of his finest work especially in the playoffs when the Steelers decided to put the ball more in Ben's hands to win three straight games on the road.

How many Colts snaps did old Matt Hasselbeck take for $3 mil this year..

He took a beating for years..more power to him

Well....

He's now put it out there for everyone to see...

If Whisenhunt does a poor job in Tennessee,  then maybe some will give Leinart's view some credit....

But if Whitenhunt does a good job in Tennessee,  good luck to Leinart having anyone take anything he says seriously ever again....

Sometimes it's just better to say nothing.....   and this might've been one of those times....