Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Tweet

lollygagger8

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait and see. Grigson might have just told them they were moving on in final meetings but other teams can't talk to him till free agency starts or it's tampering. Could be some gamesmanship on his part or could be he already knows the Colts aren't keeping him or he wants to play someplace else next year.

Gamesmanship? We've put an offer on the table no doubt and quite sensibly he's turning it down to test the waters of FA. He's almost certain to get a better offer financially from elsewhere. 

SC .......what does this indicate to me?

...That he's been told that he's not going to get an offer..

..You don't trade a No,.1 for a guy and the play someone else...

The Colts are being up-front with him

Maybe we're jumping to conclusions, but you're probably right.

Let's face it, RB is the easiest position to replace.  Probably less than 10% of them will get decent second contracts.

It's a tough business, but it is a business.

Wait and see. Grigson might have just told them they were moving on in final meetings but other teams can't talk to him till free agency starts or it's tampering. Could be some gamesmanship on his part or could be he already knows the Colts aren't keeping him or he wants to play someplace else next year.

GoC.....How often does he tweet anything??

He's been told....the obvious....they want a different kind of back....and Vic Ballard is coming back

Too bad...Donald was my favorite veteran Colt other than Reggie.

is it crazy to think he'll get a call from Detroit?

He's been told....the obvious....they want a different kind of back....and Vic Ballard is coming back

dont know I don't follow brown on twitter. Arizona might be anther team that has interest as could be the Chargers as the GM for the Chargers was one of the higher ups in the Colts front office when Brown was drafted.

Detroit has 2 runningbacks better than Brown. They probably wouldn't sign him.

I'm thinking either Cleveland or Oakland. 

So, we would be looking at Ballard coming off an ACL inury and Trent Richardson?   That's a scary thought.  I don't see any way they bring back Bradshaw or else Jim Irsay is going to have a lot of explaining to do considering he released Manning citing health concerns over the same exact surgery Bradshaw just had.  I realize they blew a first on Richardson and have to try and not look like total *s, but there is no way that Richardson showed enough this season to be comfortable with him going forward.  We don't have enough draft picks to be blowing any on backs this year either.

...That he's been told that he's not going to get an offer..

Also, he's earned the right to go to a place with a better line. Colts would be better off having him back, but this is a great opportunity for Brown.

Possibly, but unlike the Freeney scenario he does fit in with what we've done and could be productive even without being THE guy. Even if you offer him the minimum it's an offer worth making IMO. I don't think though for one blue moon minute he would take anything like that sort of money though. 

My guess is they offered him a contract he did not like and possibly playing behind Trent and Vic.  Could be way off though

Could be..or they simply told him he wasnt in their plans...moving forward..

Grigson didn't draft him and Pagano and pep want a power runner...

......But bottom line: Donald doesn't say much publically...

He's thanking the fans on the way out the door

But one is always hurt...right.....Oakland and Cleveland are both so unsettled

..I guess by the time free agents can sign....they will know what they're doing...

Donald Brown.. to the Browns? Destiny is calling. I can see it now... he breaks out there, TRich has another horrible season, comparison articles galore are written and Skip Bayless sits on his throne of skills and laughs. 

DB is going to test the free agent market and we are not going to immediately throw an offer at him.  Let the market decide what his value is and then if it is to pricey let him walk.  

I doubt he will get much interest and the interest he does get will be not be that expensive.  This league is a pass first and running back by committee league and I just do not see teams investing much into a guy who finally had his good year after being average at best.  

I hope his market value is low and we can bring him back because I do not trust Trent to be the guy and who knows how Ballard will be off an ACL.

Our running back situation is so messed up. We have Bradshaw who normally should be the starter due to his experience and he showed he still has some left running great against a Niner Defense. Only problem is he's injury prone. 

Then you have T-Rich who is supposed to be a #3 overall pick but had numbers a 3rd round RB would have. Yet do you blame him soley or is it part the O-Line couldn't open up holes for him, he came in the middle of a season and was comfortable etc. Plus you gave up a 1st rounder for him.

Then Brown, he was our best runner but was that due to his speed and ability to squeeze through the small holes the line created? Was it due to he was in a contract year and knows this is probably his last chance at a big contract? 

Then we still have Ballard who was supposed to be our starter but coming off a big injury. Do you still have him as the starter and see if T-Rich or someone steals the job? Do you have him come off the bench since others showed what they can do? Is it even fair to him to do that? 

DB is going to test the free agent market and we are not going to immediately throw an offer at him. Let the market decide what his value is and then if it is to pricey let him walk.

I doubt he will get much interest and the interest he does get will be not be that expensive. This league is a pass first and running back by committee league and I just do not see teams investing much into a guy who finally had his good year after being average at best.

I hope his market value is low and we can bring him back because I do not trust Trent to be the guy and who knows how Ballard will be off an ACL.

fwiw, i don't think he's shopping for cash, he's shopping for the right situation. And saying goodbye so soon (if that's what he's really doing) indicates that the Colts aren't that situation.

I bet we will go through a year of our GM saying "I spent a first round pick on this RB and I am playing him as my starter".

That is always the problem I have with high draft pick trades or signing free agents, you don't give up on them quickly enough if they aren't working out. They have to consistently hurt the team over a few games like DHB for you to realize "OK, enough is enough."

For the Colts sake, I hope TRich does a 180 of what he has shown on the running front but on this issue, my glass is half empty.

On the #2 WR front, I hope Grigson stops chasing the Donnie Averies and DHBs of this world and gets someone with good hands. He does not have to have blazing speed, just good hands. Jeremy Maclin, Julian Edelman, Emmanuel Sanders will be there for the taking. It is worth spending the tad extra money for such a key position. Once you get a solid #2 guy for a 3 yr or 4 yr contract, it makes sense to get insurance with a 1 yr. Donnie Avery or DHB or Hakeem Nicks (who will be in the same mold this year). That should augment the options for us, once we sign 1 good #2 wideout, which is all I feel we need next year.

Do you people not remember Donald Brown a season or 2 ago?  He was freakin awful and we all wanted him gone.  He then has one good year (his contract year) and you act like he is irreplaceable...  We have seen what a difference a few years can do for Donald Brown, so why are you acting like it is impossible for Trent Richardson to get better?  Brown hit his ceiling this year and will only go down hill.  TRich/Ballard is the direction we need to go and i am glad we are doing it.   I hope we can bring back Bradshaw on a low risk contract also.