Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+4.5) @ Denver (1-19-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just heard the dumbest comment by a commentator in NFL history when talking about a Tom Brady pass... "Sometimes he throws the ball so well it goes firther than he intended." They guys don't even try to be good anymore when calling games.

It makes me sad that I don't have a job just saying whatever comes instantly to my brain.

It's the playoffs. They let a lot more go.

Both teams are being allowed to be physical.

There is being physical and then there is ignoring clear cut penalties.  That was the later.  I am with Jvan1973 rules shouldn't change just because it's the playoffs.  Also, the league came out and said in the last round they were telling their refs to call it like they did during the season.  That should have been flagged.  Will it end up being a big deal?  Time will tell. 

We just heard the dumbest comment by a commentator in NFL history when talking about a Tom Brady pass... "Sometimes he throws the ball so well it goes further than he intended." They guys don't even try to be good anymore when calling games.

Sims is clearly on team Brady today. 

There is being physical and then there is ignoring clear cut penalties. That was the later. I am with Jvan1973 rules shouldn't change just because it's the playoffs. Also, the league came out and said in the last round they were telling their refs to call it like they did during the season. That should have been flagged. Will it end up being a big deal? Time will tell.

We can debate how it should be all day. And we will likely agree. But the refs always call things differently in the playoffs. It's not new. Or even exclusive to the NFL.

I understand little things... maybe a little pushing, but not holding both arms. Refs have been bad all season so there is that.

I mean they let clear holding in the end zone happen in the SB last year, and it was justified repeatedly by saying "They won't call that in the playoffs."

It's not right, or smart, but I'm sure the Broncos will take advantage of the lax officiating just as the Pats have.

It doesn't make it right, that was a clear missed call.

I never said it makes it right, but it is what it is. They either blew the call, or are allowing the defenders to be ultra physical.

Neither would suprise me in the slightest.