Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Reggie Back Next Year

King Colt

My question though, is why sign a WR or draft one when we have bigger needs at other positions? T.Y. and Wayne are proven threats, Brazill has really come into his own lately. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we just left our WR corps alone, get back a healthy Allen, drop Doyle, go with our WRs and TEs looking like

#1 Wayne

#2 Hilton

#3/4/5 Brazill Rogers Whalen

TE1 Dwayne Allen

TE2 Coby Fleener

I would not be mad at seeing that next year, as long as our offensive line and defensive lines are fixed.

Because people like to talk about fast cars, not minivans. The only argument for getting another WR is because Reggie is getting up there.

Number one priority should be a C IMO.

Will be glad to have Reggie back and TY looked nice in his roll. However, our O-line needs the most work. If we can't get anyone to open holes for our running backs, then we may be doomed again next year. Perhaps another 1 and done or 2 play off wins?

Denver has plenty of money to resign Decker

They only have $11MM and they still have to re-sign DRC, Woodyard, and Ihenacho. They can begin negotiations with Miller this offseason as well. 

I don't see a scenario where they can outbid another team (Browns, Redskins, Raiders) for him and still keep those other guys.

Getting Wayne back will be great for the offense but T.Y Hilton will be the # 1 option next year. He had one of the greatest games in post season history and still had over 100 yards vs a Belichick team that usually takes away the opponents #1 option. I think will use more 2 TE sets but the offense will be built around T.Y.

WR's and TE's going into next season with stats

1. T.Y: 103 rec 1,200 yards 10 TD's
2. Wayne: 75 rec 800 yards 4 TD's
3. Fleener: 65 rec 700 yards 8 TD's 
4 Allen: 50 rec 500 Yards 6 TD's  
5 Whalen: 35 rec 450 yards 3 TD's
6 Rogers: 25 catches 250 yards 1 TD
7 Brazil 24 catches 300 yards 3 TD's