Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Reggie Back Next Year

King Colt

If all goes right and it don't rain on my birthday it will be sweet to watch Wayne and Hilton next year. After the playoff loss yesterday it really amplified how important Reggie Wayne is. It will be another Bermuda Triangle, Andrew, Reggie and Ty.............my, oh, my, sweet potato pie.

If all goes right and it don't rain on my birthday it will be sweet to watch Wayne and Hilton next year. After the playoff loss yesterday it really amplified how important Reggie Wayne is. It will be another Bermuda Triangle, Andrew, Reggie and Ty.............my, oh, my, sweet potato pie.

Add in Allen and Fleener and maybe another vet WR and the Colts might have the best passing options Luck is ever going to have next year. 

I keep going back to what I heard a National guy say on the radio last night.  These are the least talented teams Andrew Luck is probably ever going to play with and he's 23-12 with a playoff win and division title. 

Don't count out Brazill or Rogers. I think they will do well as a #3/#4 tandem.

Best WR Corps in the NFL, no- but could be good.

I want to keep Branch for next year as a stopgap along side Reggie Wayne and our WRs.

I don't think Rogers makes the final roster next year.  Sorry I know several here are high on him but outside of the Bengals game (when he was a complete unknown) and one (all be it big) catch against KC he hasn't done much and looks to have drops issues and runs bad routes which is why Luck didn't go to him as often.  Unless he takes a big step forward, which is possible, I don't think he makes the final roster.  I think he's behind Brazill and Whalen at this point and I think we are going to add another WR rather it be in the draft or free agency to go with Hilton and Wayne. 

I don't think Rogers makes the final roster next year.  Sorry I know several here are high on him but outside of the Bengals game (when he was a complete unknown) and one (all be it big) catch against KC he hasn't done much and looks to have drops issues and runs bad routes which is why Luck didn't go to him as often.  Unless he takes a big step forward, which is possible, I don't think he makes the final roster.  I think he's behind Brazill and Whalen at this point and I think we are going to add another WR rather it be in the draft or free agency to go with Hilton and Wayne. 

I will respectfully disagree with you. I believe all of our WRs (Hilton, Rogers, Brazil and Whalen) will be back next year plus one added through FA or draft. I'd still like to see Branch stick around and give some veteran presence with Wayne.

I will respectfully disagree with you. I believe all of our WRs (Hilton, Rogers, Brazil and Whalen) will be back next year plus one added through FA or draft. I'd still like to see Branch stick around and give some veteran presence with Wayne.

Wayne would be five with the four you listed and that's before you a FA or draft a guy which means there is almost no spot for Branch and honestly I'd be a little surprised if the Colts keep more than five unless one is a returner.  I think Rogers get's edged out unless he improves he just hasn't done enough and frankly the drops issue and not being able to run good routes isn't going to help his case. 

Wayne would be five with the four you listed and that's before you a FA or draft a guy which means there is almost no spot for Branch and honestly I'd be a little surprised if the Colts keep more than five unless one is a returner.  I think Rogers get's edged out unless he improves he just hasn't done enough and frankly the drops issue and not being able to run good routes isn't going to help his case. 

DHB will be gone which makes Roger's spot fairly secure in my opinion. 

Our returner will be Chris Rainey next year. At least, that's my hope.

DHB will be gone which makes Roger's spot fairly secure in my opinion. 

Our returner will be Chris Rainey next year. At least, that's my hope.

Not really if we draft another WR and or sign a free agent at WR Roger's spot becomes in jeopardy.  The only two guys who I think are locks to be back next at WR are Wayne and Hilton.  Everyone is upgradable if they don't perform during the pre-season. 

His drop rate has to be right there with DHB . 

Not really if we draft another WR and or sign a free agent at WR Roger's spot becomes in jeopardy.  The only two guys who I think are locks to be back next at WR are Wayne and Hilton.  Everyone is upgradable if they don't perform during the pre-season. 

Da'Rick has shown us he has potential- and he is a big-bodied receiver the Colts don't usually posess which makes him intriguing. He spent less than half the season on the active roster and was widely regarded as a first round talent before off-the-field issues dropped his stock considerably.

IF I were Grigs/Pagano, which I don't claim to be. I would be hesitant to let him go after half a season. If nothing else, tutoring him over the offseason and getting him where he needs to be as a legitimate WR threat could lessen the sting from not having a first round pick in 2014. In fact, I would rather treat Rogers as our 2014 1st overall pick, at least he has shown us more than TRich has in 2013.  

Da'Rick has shown us he has potential- and he is a big-bodied receiver the Colts don't usually posess which makes him intriguing. He spent less than half the season on the active roster and was widely regarded as a first round talent before off-the-field issues dropped his stock considerably.

IF I were Grigs/Pagano, which I don't claim to be. I would be hesitant to let him go after half a season. If nothing else, tutoring him over the offseason and getting him where he needs to be as a legitimate WR threat could lessen the sting from not having a first round pick in 2014. In fact, I would rather treat Rogers as our 2014 1st overall pick, at least he has shown us more than TRich has in 2013.  

He showed us a big game when the Bengals didn't have film on him.  Since then he hasn't done much.  It takes more than one big game to make your self indispensable.  I am sure he's going to get a look right up to the final cut downs but I think he's going to be battling with Whalen and maybe even Brazill for the last WR spot or two on the roster.  IMO right now I would take Brazill and Whalen over him based on their performance thus far.  Rogers has to get better.  If he does great I would love for him to be a steal but not running good routes and dropping passes are not going to cut it.  That's just DHB all over again without the speed. 

He showed us a big game when the Bengals didn't have film on him.  Since then he hasn't done much.  It takes more than one big game to make your self indispensable.  I am sure he's going to get a look right up to the final cut downs but I think he's going to be battling with Whalen and maybe even Brazill for the last WR spot or two on the roster.  IMO right now I would take Brazill and Whalen over him based on their performance thus far.  Rogers has to get better.  If he does great I would love for him to be a steal but not running good routes and dropping passes are not going to cut it.  That's just DHB all over again without the speed. 

I'm not disagreeing with you on the fundamentals, but I think we can both agree that Rogers didn't get a rookie season, and in my opinion next season will be his rookie season. 

If we pick up another WR, either FA or high draft pick, then one of Whalen, Brazil, or Rogers would have to go. IMO, if Rogers shows any improvement in the preseason, then Whalen is the odd man out. Simply because he's the easiest to replace.

Reggie would be the middle possession receiver, TY and Brazil the long ball threats, and Rogers the big body guy. Plus Allen and Coby also work the mid throws. I like Griff but he's not necessary.

If we pick up another WR, either FA or high draft pick, then one of Whalen, Brazil, or Rogers would have to go. IMO, if Rogers shows any improvement in the preseason, then Whalen is the odd man out. Simply because he's the easiest to replace.

Reggie would be the middle possession receiver, TY and Brazil the long ball threats, and Rogers the big body guy. Plus Allen and Coby also work the mid throws. I like Griff but he's not necessary.

I could live with that if Rogers show improvement.  Like I said before I think Wayne and Hilton are the only lock WRs on this team next year.  I think Brazill is probably the next most safe guy but if Whalen and Rogers show a lot of improvement and we add another WR then even Brazill could find his way out of Indianapolis.  There is going to competition at the WR spot next year and that's never a bad thing. 

However, since I can't see the future I am going off what I have seen right now and right if we have to cut one of Whalen, Brazill, or Rogers I would cut Rogers based on how they have performed to this point.  Clearly a full off-season and pre-season could change that. 

Anquan Boldin

Jeremy Maclin

Isn't Golden Tate a free agent as well?  Although I think we have a younger version of Tate in Hilton already. 

I've always like Maclin but he'll be coming off a major injury.  I am not sure if you want two WRs trying to do that but you might be able to get him a little cheaper because of it. 

Isn't Golden Tate a free agent as well? Although I think we have a younger version of Tate in Hilton already.

I've always like Maclin but he'll be coming off a major injury. I am not sure if you want two WRs trying to do that but you might be able to get him a little cheaper because of it.

yes Tate as well

I would say Lavon is a lock as well. Could be wrong though

I would say Lavon is a lock as well. Could be wrong though

I think after Wayne and Hilton he's the next safest but if we sign a big guy or draft another WR high and Whalen and Rogers really out perform him I could see Brazill getting cut but I really liked what I saw from him late in the season and the playoffs.  He's been unsung but he's really been coming on. 

I think after Wayne and Hilton he's the next safest but if we sign a big guy or draft another WR high and Whalen and Rogers really out perform him I could see Brazill getting cut but I really liked what I saw from him late in the season and the playoffs.  He's been unsung but he's really been coming on. 

My question though, is why sign a WR or draft one when we have bigger needs at other positions? T.Y. and Wayne are proven threats, Brazill has really come into his own lately. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we just left our WR corps alone, get back a healthy Allen, drop Doyle, go with our WRs and TEs looking like

#1 Wayne

#2 Hilton

#3/4/5 Brazill Rogers Whalen

TE1 Dwayne Allen

TE2 Coby Fleener

I would not be mad at seeing that next year, as long as our offensive line and defensive lines are fixed.

My question though, is why sign a WR or draft one when we have bigger needs at other positions? T.Y. and Wayne are proven threats, Brazill has really come into his own lately. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we just left our WR corps alone, get back a healthy Allen, drop Doyle, go with our WRs and TEs looking like

#1 Wayne

#2 Hilton

#3/4/5 Brazill Rogers Whalen

TE1 Dwayne Allen

TE2 Coby Fleener

I would not be mad at seeing that next year, as long as our offensive line and defensive lines are fixed.

I don't know if they will.  I am just saying if they do.  I think Whalen and Rogers are back up level guys.  Brazill I think has the best chance to be a starter and starting to show signs of that.  If the Colts feel he is going to keep progressing or one of the other two is they might not do anything at WR.  You do have to start thinking about what do you do about Reggie though.  He's not getting any younger.  He's coming off a major knee injury and he's going into the last year of his contract.  If he has a year like Marvin after his knee injury he could be done.  So if a good young WR is looking you in the face in the draft or Grigson sees a guy he really likes in free agency he might grab him thinking for the future. 

I don't know if they will.  I am just saying if they do.  I think Whalen and Rogers are back up level guys.  Brazill I think has the best chance to be a starter and starting to show signs of that.  If the Colts feel he is going to keep progressing or one of the other two is they might not do anything at WR.  You do have to start thinking about what do you do about Reggie though.  He's not getting any younger.  He's coming off a major knee injury and he's going into the last year of his contract.  If he has a year like Marvin after his knee injury he could be done.  So if a good young WR is looking you in the face in the draft or Grigson sees a guy he really likes in free agency he might grab him thinking for the future. 

What would you say to picking up Riley Cooper as an Eric Decker-lite?

I would love to add Eric Decker........Reggie is only getting older and coming off ACL surgery so you cant count on him being the same old Reggie.

I would bet Denver franchise's him.  If not lots of teams are going to go after Decker, heck New England might pay Denver back for getting Welker last year.