Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Chichester

Being close to the louisville area, i get to see quite a bit of Chichester who plays for the Louisville Cards. He was Wr who was converted to TE but could be used for either. Just wondering what you all thought on Indy going after a guy like this. He is 6'8 with good hands but not the explosiveness you would like to see from a NFL wide receiver. Ive just wanted to see what Peyton could do with somebody with size. Im not saying draft this guy in the first round or anything but id rather have somebody like him on the roster than Anthony G. who sees about 3 games a year. It doesnt even have to be Chichester, just thoughts on us going after a bigger wr? Throw some names out there so I can check them out on youtube.

Our offense is based on guys with good route running abilities and high football IQs so they can see what Peyton sees. Our receivers get separation using good route running and positioning, not their speed. Garcon is the only fast WR we have. Gonzo is quicker than he is fast, Wayne, Collie and White aren't speedsters either. We don't need big WRs, we need WRs who can run routes well and read defenses well so they can be on the same page as Peyton. If he is a good route runner with good size, then it's all the better. But the primary focus for our offense should be route running

I'm reminded of Ali Villaneuva, the Army TE/WR/OT/DE who many thought would get drafted for his size, hands, athleticism (not elite, but good for 6'9 285) and awesomeness. I imagine he didn't due to having to serve, but it'd be startling if he became much more than a field goal blocker. I think guys with huge size are usually novelties unless their play on the field says otherwise, and I don't think either Willaneuva or Chichester play does. It's startling to me that he hasn't put up a single TD this season.

Our offense is based on guys with good route running abilities and high football IQs so they can see what Peyton sees. Our receivers get separation using good route running and positioning, not their speed. Garcon is the only fast WR we have. Gonzo is quicker than he is fast, Wayne, Collie and White aren't speedsters either. We don't need big WRs, we need WRs who can run routes well and read defenses well so they can be on the same page as Peyton. If he is a good route runner with good size, then it's all the better. But the primary focus for our offense should be route running

We need bigger, taller wide receivers that are fast and can run good routes. A wr doesn't have to be the smal, smurf type to fit in our offense (btw, our offense will not be run by Peyton forever, so maybe it is time to look for different types of players). I would love to see a Julio Jones or Dwayne Bowe type wr on the roster and/or TEs like Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. The Colts current criteria for drafting players suck and we need to draft more like the Steelers, Patriots or heck, even the like the Lions have done in the past three drafts,

i dont know where we are going to draft, and i am surely not bringing that discussion here. i live in northern indiana, and while not a huge college football, i watch the irish. im telling you. floyd is ridiculous. great hands, great routes, awesome size, and the one thing that not a lot of people talk about in recievers, he blocks with tenacity. i would love for peyton to have this guy.

We need bigger, taller wide receivers that are fast and can run good routes. A wr doesn't have to be the smal, smurf type to fit in our offense (btw, our offense will not be run by Peyton forever, so maybe it is time to look for different types of players). I would love to see a Julio Jones or Dwayne Bowe type wr on the roster and/or TEs like Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. The Colts current criteria for drafting players suck and we need to draft more like the Steelers, Patriots or heck, even the like the Lions have done in the past three drafts,

I agree, but good route running is the primary thing to look for with WRs in our system. If he can run good routes and is big, I'd be all for taking him. If he is big but can't run good routes, he won't have much of a place in our offense