Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Patriots AFC Divisional Playoff Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True but when to give up 200 or more yds running on D that is a major factor also. I never said Luck doesn't share the blame in this loss

I never said he should take all of the blame. But a big portion of the loss can easily be traced back to Andrew.

Great Season Colts. You guys had a great year!

I am happy for my Patriots finally establishing a run game at the end of the season.

What Brady has done this season with barely any weapons and a depleted defense was just amazing.

Of course Peyton is MVP, but I'd have to give Brady the #2 spot this year for all he has done with what he had.

Congrats Wolf, your team throughly outplayed us today

I am happy for my Patriots finally establishing a run game at the end of the season.

What Brady has done this season with barely any weapons and a depleted defense was just amazing.

Of course Peyton is MVP, but I'd have to give Brady the #2 spot this year for all he has done with what he had.

Thank you for this post. It stinks that this game didn't go our way, but it was a great year. Good luck to the Pats  (I loathe Denver and San Diego).

Brady hasn't put up numbers to even be number two.

I first thought that pep is the problem (weeks/months ago). But instead Manusky is the real problem. Look how the colts defense is giving up run plays and thirds downs (they have to be first in this category in the nfl). Manusky is full of s**t. Just look at him, he seems like an accountant. Do you really want to have an accountant to run your defense? He has to go.

Think Chapman has had a decent game. Better than Franklin anyway imo. 

And Mathis is Mathis. You can't say he's been bad.  

No individuals per se, but as a group yeah they have been bad.  It has to be over 200 yards of rushing the D has given up and most of that is due to the poor play of the front 7.

Same problems this year as we had all of last year: defense and the OL

True those ARE the primary concerns, and we have known that all season.

We went a long way with those deficiencies anyway.

Lots of progress, still a long way to go, but not really that far off!

heckuva of a Season!

I think we can point at reasons for the loss and Lucks turnovers can't be ignored. The D was pathetic for most of the game as well. I'm not putting it all on Luck, but he deserves a nice big piece. He would tell you the same thing.

I agree, you throw 2 bad picks (especially on the opening drive) you ARE to blame, but our defence over the course of the season has been embarrassing at times, especially tonight.

They (Patriots) have barely thrown the ball, so it's not like they haven't been predictable......and we still could barely stop them!

Just wasn't our night......

Congrats Wolf, your team throughly outplayed us today

TY, the Colts will have a good off season, they will get Reggie back, and probably pick up some more weapons on that defense. They have some solid players there, they are really 2-3 players away from becoming a SB contender.

Plus you will no longer have to worry about that O-Line, they are very solid.

Andrew Luck will become the MVP of this league in the near future.

It's amazing how this is his 2nd season and he has made playoff trips every year.

Also it's been a great 2-3 years for the NFL, seeing all these young guys rising to the occasion, I am talking about Kaepernick, Wilson, Luck, and of course Cam Newton for QB's.

These guys will be the next Brees, Brady, Manning & Rodgers....

Special mention goes out to JJ Watts,that guy is a beast.

It was a good season, and one thing we have learned is this team is able to fight adversity like no other. We need a nice shiny new defensive coordinator... and the O-line is a joke. Improve those, and give Luck the time he needs the kid is like surgeon. A real Doogie Howser. Reggie and Dwayne Allen will help the offense too.

This game was what i feared, figured we win a close one or we get blown out. The Pats run game is no surprise i watched a few of their games late in the season. I felt we would have utilized our backs out of the backfield more. which i felt would have helped counter act any type of disguising the pats would have done. The Pats as always came out with a nice game plan running just inside the edges we set, Winning at the point of attack.  there was a thread talking about the pats run game being not that much better than ours because of avg. but i did not feel 4.4 and 4.3 meant they were just the same as ours.  The Pats have a very good running game which may get them to the Super Bowl.

I wish we would have used our backs on dump offs. had a plan to use Rogers more.