Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ten year 's people

love the shoe

LOL I dont get the argument of "its been 10 years" since they won the SB crap. that mean the colts should never been feared with manning as they ddnt win till 2006?

Prove how silly the argument is with NE (let a colts fan do it with Indy)

With Brady as QB:

Years: 12 (lost 1 to injury week 1)

SB:5

AFCCG: 7

So in 12 years Brady in NE gone to the championship game 58% of  the time!! Thats freakin sick!!! So maybe not feared but damn well earned the respect.

It just amazes me that people still think of the pats like they do. It has been ten years since they won a super bowl, They may beat us but this team is very beatable these days. The media acts like they are still in their dynasty years. Wake up , if we do not turn it over we will win .

Yeah it's not going to be quite that easy.  Colts didn't turn the ball over against the Bengals but still lost.  The Pats are still a very good team and beating them won't be easy.  Certainly not impossible, but won't be easy.

Yeah it's not going to be quite that easy.  Colts didn't turn the ball over against the Bengals but still lost.  The Pats are still a very good team and beating them won't be easy.  Certainly not impossible, but won't be easy.

No one in their right mind should dispute that.

I'm disregarding their early losses, those games aren't relevant IMHO.  So their only late season loss was against the Miami in Miami.  Brady threw for almost 350 yards, mostly to Edleman and Amendola.  What I take away from this game is that Tannehill had over 300 yards and 3 TDs.

I've been saying all along, I'm more concerned about our defense than theirs.

sorry was in a chat room while doing this just saying they are not the team they were that is all   . never make a mistake while multitasking? good for you

Well you better get that apostrophe button fixed!  It has a mind of its own!

My respect fornthe pats come from such excellent coaching of this team over the years. They may not have always had the best talent as some other teams but they had a well built oline, a smart qb and bb getting players to be in position in a system regardless of skill set level. Brady has played with some pretty low name wr's over the years whom do just enough to move chains and get close to be able to score. The defense he fields just makes solid plays and are always in positions to make plays. Its amazing how many cb's he has fielded over the years and lb'ers to the system that just look way better than they are because of the way they are coached up and put into the proper spots to succeed mostly. Simply incredible. Not saying they wont win or lose but with bb, that oline and tom throwing, the pats have a chance to win every year and as a colts fan, that has been frustrating that I have respect their game that much

Is the term "Dynasty" still being tossed around? I haven't heard that in many years. Yes, there was a three or four year period from the 2001-2004 seasons where one could have made that argument. We are talking about completely different teams and different eras. It is incredibly hard to win a super bowl. Many factors have to fall into play to win championships. I think the post season and Super Bowl appearances themselves speak volumes for the Pats. Out of all the post season teams, this is the one to respect the most IMO. This is the opponent that will be in the ring going blow for blow for as many rounds as you want to go. Look at a team like the Bengals- all that star talent. One game and they fold like a tent. You can take a Pats team that is half that good and they will go to the AFCCG or Super Bowl just about every year...

It just amazes me that people still think of the pats like they do. It has been ten years since they won a super bowl, They may beat us but this team is very beatable these days. The media acts like they are still in their dynasty years. Wake up , if we do not turn it over we will win .

The 3 SBs is great but I think the respect the Pats get is due to their winning over the past 13 seasons. 11 divisional titles and an average of 12-13 wins per season and the 5 SB appearances. I think dynasty was more used back in 2001-2004. What I hear more now is the model franchise in the FA/cap era. All you have to do is look at teams like the Steelers, Giants and Ravens this year to see the parity that is inherent in this era yet the Pats keep on rolling year after year.

But I don't think anyone uses that as a reason to believe the Pats will win tomorrow night. It will still come down to whichever teams plays the best and handles the elements.

Any team can beat any team.

If you're talking about the media's fascination with various teams, I'd agree with you.

I have Sirius radio and on the NFL network, I'll listen to different shows and when a caller calls in and says, "I'd like to talk about the Cowboys and..." I immediately turn the station.  They usually talk about popular teams....Cowboys, Steelers, now the Broncos etc.  Sometimes they'll mention the Patriots.  But look at it this way, a lot of your teams are commonly in the playoffs.  Usually the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, and sometimes Steelers.  Your Wild Cards usually don't change all that much either.  When was the last time you heard, "Man, how about those Bills!"

Different talking heads like (and dislike) different teams and players.  Boomer Esiason doesn't seem to like Peyton Manning.  Rodney Harrison's eyes light up when they mention the Pats, as Tony's light up when they talk about Peyton Manning. 

The game will be played on the field.

LOL I dont get the argument of "its been 10 years" since they won the SB crap. that mean the colts should never been feared with manning as they ddnt win till 2006?

Prove how silly the argument is with NE (let a colts fan do it with Indy)

With Brady as QB:

Years: 12 (lost 1 to injury week 1)

SB:5

AFCCG: 7

So in 12 years Brady in NE gone to the championship game 58% of the time!! Thats freakin sick!!! So maybe not feared but damn well earned the respect.

The point is people grow weary of the mystique associated with the Patriots which was conceived by the 03-04 Pats.

Some people act as if the Colts are about to play those teams when they are really playing the 2013 Pats which are very vulnerable and flawed.

The Pats are rightly favored but this isn't David vs Goliath. This is a flawed, consistent, team with moxie and home field advantage vs another flawed team with moxie but with a higher upside and inconsistent play.

The accomplishments of the past Patriots teams are irrelevant. Very very very irrelevant.

The point is people grow weary of the mystique associated with the Patriots which was conceived by the 03-04 Pats.

Some people act as if the Colts are about to play those teams when they are really playing the 2013 Pats which are very vulnerable and flawed.

The Pats are rightly favored but this isn't David vs Goliath. This is a flawed, consistent, team with moxie and home field advantage vs another flawed team with moxie but with a higher upside and inconsistent play.

The accomplishments of the past Patriots teams are irrelevant. Very very very irrelevant.

Very Very True Tsar

Brady should be feared. Mind you the Pats had a better record the year he was out injured versus his Comeback Player of the Year return season (which I think is just weird), and Ryan Mallett is not chopped liver if he were called upon, but one cannot deny Brady's greatness. And the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl in a few years, but they've been tough every year, including a near perfect season. I think going 12-4 this year is as big a feather to Brady's legend than most seasons - frankly he is short on his expected tools. This is also why I think the Colts have a great chance to advance.

that was my point , and thanks

It's true, nobody fears the Patriots anymore. (Except maybe the Texans. :) ) The 2003-2004 Patriots were a once in a lifetime team. They were feared. This team is not. They haven't been since 2007.

Teams that are feared are rare. I don't see one this year. Not even close.

I don't see any either. Even the mighty Broncos, who has a QB that threw 55 TD's, are vulnerable. We all saw what happened to the Colts in 04 and, to a lesser extent, the Pats in 07, when the playoffs arrived.

It maybe 10 years since they WON a Super Bowl....   but they've been in two other SB's and almost won both of those. 

Plus,  when they're not in the SB,  they're still in the playoffs, and often reach the AFC Championship Game.

I think the point of the original post of this thread is incredibly misleading........

The Patriots are still a very, very well run franchise, and a very, very good team. 

We'll need to be at our best to beat them.

It maybe 10 years since they WON a Super Bowl....   but they've been in two other SB's and almost won both of those. 

Plus,  when they're not in the SB,  they're still in the playoffs, and often reach the AFC Championship Game.

I think the point of the original post of this thread is incredibly misleading........

The Patriots are still a very, very well run franchise, and a very, very good team. 

We'll need to be at our best to beat them.

agree but almost doesn't count  they lost

I just think what we have done with with 2 different coaches and quarterbacks is just as amazing ,granted they have more superbowls but look at our colts , team completely gutted and win 11 games two years in a row and dn't forget we had a shot at a undefeated season also

All I'm saying is it's not like the Patriots have fallen off the edge of the earth since they last won a Super Bowl.

They're still a very, very serious contender for the title.    And will be as long as the Bellicheck/Brady combo remains....