Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers to Cut Nate Clements; Good fit with the Colts?

Andy

Do you think the Colts should go after a guy like him, he may cost us about 5 or 6 million a year, but if we restructure Hayden's contract then maybe it could work out. He could teach Powers and Lacey a few things also. Is 31 years old which means he still has 3 or 4 years left until his downfall. How does a 3 year/17M sound. The Colts are losing Muir, Hart, Santi, Robinson and some other players. That gives us 2.5 - 3M dollars in extra space, and Session could be leaving too which means an extra 750K. Like I said, restructure Hayden's contract, even though most of his money comes from bonuses, and we can easily sign Clements. I know its not likely to happen, knowing how the Colts are in the offseason, but I'd like to see what the fans think of this?

I don't think we have the money for Clements. Unlike a lot of people I have faith in Hayden when he's healthy and I think when healthy he plays to how much he's paid but the problem is he doesn't stay healthy. That said, I'd love to have Clements for depth but he's too costly.

I don't think we have the money for Clements. Unlike a lot of people I have faith in Hayden when he's healthy and I think when healthy he plays to how much he's paid but the problem is he doesn't stay healthy. That said, I'd love to have Clements for depth but he's too costly.

This. You can never have enough defensive backs though.

I'm getting sick of people saying we don't have the money for this guy or that guy. Everyone else sure as heck is having the money to sign people! We've lost Session, Muir, Sanders... We have to have money for somebody.

Only thing I can conceive is this Manning contract will be so big we can't do jack squat.

I'm getting sick of people saying we don't have the money for this guy or that guy. Everyone else sure as heck is having the money to sign people! We've lost Session, Muir, Sanders... We have to have money for somebody.

Only thing I can conceive is this Manning contract will be so big we can't do jack squat.

exactly cause of peytons contract we will never be able to pick up people.

Exactly. If the Pats have enough money to pay Brady and Haynesworth, the Colts can find some cap space too. I remember a few years ago, the Skins were a top 5 team in terms of least cap space, but then they signed DeAngelo Hall and Haynesworth for a total of $150 mil. With that said though, we tend to make our players the highest paid at that position, Freeney for example.