Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep Hamilton: The sideline story. Change is a coming folks

TKnight24

Now that the title of the thread caught your attention (apple juice increases creativity folks haha )

@CraigKColts: Hamilton says it's time to run the offense, let it all hang out. "Not saving any plays."

Wildcat offense FTW!!! :yahoo:

haha but seriously happy Pep Hamilton has shyed away from the power run and put the ball in Andrew Luck's hands more.

Yep, Colts look good w the hurry up!!

He made the necessary adjustments, he must have read this boards previous comments :clap:. On a more serious note, i expect alot of hurry up offense.

@CraigKColts: Pep: Running no-huddle in playoff environment on road would be challenge if we do it. - Expects crowd 2 factor into game.

Now when we run on 1st down....will that be a surprise?  Just kidding...I think.

I actually do not agree that the hurry-up or no huddle is as much of a challenge as Pep via Craig Kelly thinks.  Just do it and use the West Coast portion of the playbook.  It better be the East Coast offense this week.  It is TOUGH to confuse a Belichick defense.  Designed roll-outs and Read option....Priceless this week....

Hit them early and often Andrew....when in doubt....crossing route...(Hey that rhymes :))

Go Colts  :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!

Oh, by the way (true), I've just noticed that my user name doesn't start with a capital letter. It's only taken me three thousand, seven hundred and ninety nine posts to see that. They don't call me 'Fast Guy' down the pub for nothing....right, back to the topic on hand, sorry.

You were just exercising the "read option".

Easy enough to change by the way. I suspect that people will still be able to figure out who it is.

Why?

I just have never been a fan of it. Just my opinion, seems gimmicky.

I really like the no huddle that we have ran to open the last two games. Will be tough due to being on the road unlike the last two home games, but when we run that it just seems like T.Y almost gets "lost" in the D and Andrew finds him for quick routes that leads to him breaking them for additional yardage.

I really like the no huddle that we have ran to open the last two games. Will be tough due to being on the road unlike the last two home games, but when we run that it just seems like T.Y almost gets "lost" in the D and Andrew finds him for quick routes that leads to him breaking them for additional yardage.

Don't see what's gimmicky about it. It's basically just a modified shotgun formation.

Hopefully this means: 

Letting Luck run. 

Roll Luck out of the pocket by design. 

Throwing the ball to Richardson. 

Using Fleener more. 

Using Rogers more. 

More Slants and quick throws to take some heat off the O-Line. 

Man I wish we did this out wide more.  Like the play to Donald that scored.  He could kill db's...

Both teams decimated by injuries, but the Patriots more so.

We lose Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, Wayne, Thomas.

They lose Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Vollmer, Gronkowski (not to mention Hernandez and Welker in the off-season).

Toller puts us up to 17 IR.  They have more names, but I think no team can complain that they have been hurt by injuries more.

I love the way we've been running the O lately but this seems like a bit of a smoke screen to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts TRY to run it down the Patriots throat. I know we say this every week but this would be a great game for Trent to finally go off.

I love the way we've been running the O lately but this seems like a bit of a smoke screen to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts TRY to run it down the Patriots throat. I know we say this every week but this would be a great game for Trent to finally go off.

Awesome avatar.

Hopefully this means:

Letting Luck run.

Roll Luck out of the pocket by design.

Throwing the ball to Richardson.

Using Fleener more.

Using Rogers more.

More Slants and quick throws to take some heat off the O-Line.

These are the changes that have been made since the second half of the Bengals game, for the most part. I liked the gameplan against the Chiefs, a lot. Might have used a fullback a little bit more, but overall, I'm good with the approach.

They ran it in KC to get a lead. They ran it well.

I don't wanna see my boy Drew get hurt out there (he's built like a truck anyway lol). But on that designed run against the Chiefs, he could've totally ran that in for a TD. The Chiefs DB (who is a poor tackler btw) wouldn't have stopped him. Better safe than sorry I guess. I feel that if Luck uses his legs to extend plays, there is no way we lose, and while he doesn't run much in the regular season.. the playoffs are a different story. Watching the SF vs. GB game made me realize how difficult it can be to stop an athletic QB than knows WHEN to run. Not one that runs freely, but runs when the defense gets too loose.

Pep has impressed me in adjusting with all the injuries, I was throwing fits earlier this season when he was sort of baby sitting Luck. And not playing to our offenses skill set. But what he was doing was building Luck's confidence and just bringing down the turnover number from last year which greatly benefited Luck's play this year. He's finally putting the ball in Luck's hands this post-season.

I expect him to take a page from the game Sean Payton coached against the Eagles. Who did Brees rely on the most these past 3yrs? Jimmy Graham, I'm sure the Eagles came prepared to stop him right? Well Graham wasn't on the field for almost half of the Saints snaps, and they ran it down the Eagles throats instead. People assume that we won't adjust to a gameplan based around suppressing the affects of TY. But we have playmakers in Donald (every week we keep asking will he keep it up and he does even better, minus the fumble but thank Luck!), and some of our other WR's who can make a man or two miss and Da'Rick with that huge reception was one of the bigger plays overshadowed by Hilton's performance. 

This will be a great game, lets hope we can leave Foxboro with a W.

Both teams decimated by injuries, but the Patriots more so.

We lose Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, Wayne, Thomas.

They lose Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Vollmer, Gronkowski (not to mention Hernandez and Welker in the off-season).

Hernandez and Welker are not injuries. They are self-inflicted "Patriots* Way" wounds.

By all rights our offense should be dead on arrival. We lost our #1 WR, #1 TE, #1 RB and starting Olineman.

I do think we will be run heavy to start the game, but I don't think it will be with Trent. You keep your playmakers on the field as much as possible during the playoffs.. And that's what Brown has been. I expect a big day from Donald, but we'll see