Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The X FACTOR is Whalen

This game is going to take a full team effort. No one person to do it all, we need everyone to play a role whether it be making catches or just drawing attention like Rogers has been doing since Cincy.

I agree with this and the running on offense and our cb play on defense.

I am worried about V. Davis...he doesnt look 100%, and when a receiver comes out of his break, #23 just grabs on and tries to slow him down, sometimes drawing a well deserved penalty.

That will not work against shifty amendola or edelman. I like to see us play a lot of press coverage but only when we are healthy enough to cover guys. i.e. the denver game.

I like Whalen now that he has learned to get separation by using his hands and other body positioning maneuvers.

Hands are like glue. You don't have to worry about him catching the football. He will be a factor I believe.

The Patriots are really good at taking away the middle of the field using lb's in zone, that's how they stopped Welker. Whalen will get 3 or 4 catches but the X Factor will be Rogers. Patriots play a lot of 2 deep man or robber coverage in the 4-2-5, his size and speed will be too much for Dennard.

Can't describe how great Griff Whalen has been lately. Bouncing from active roster to practice squad. He's now cemented himself on our roster for next season imo.

Hoping Mr. Grigson doesn't make any moves that'll disconnect the Stanford connection :D

Whalen can definitely be a factor in this game, as I believe every player on our side of the ball can. I'll be VERY impressed with our new signing of Deion Branch and Josh Lenz being elevated if they happen to make great plays in the game.

This seems like a Whalen and Brown type of game if we're going to win it. But the X-factor is Da'Rick Rogers. He is the Colts' version of Lance Stephenson. He's so talented and plays with a screw loose, but once he realizes exactly what his team needs him to do, he will be really good IMO. That may not happen this year but I think it's coming.

TY is Luck's favorite target, if they do double him I hope Luck don't try

to force passes to Hilton and cause a turnover or two.

He has other targets in Whalen, Rogers, Fleener etc.

I think he's smart enough to throw it around. Griff seems like his secondary option with Fleener being a close third. Rogers only goes deep or gets screens.

I hate saying this, but Fleener is going to be the X-Factor in the game..I just hope he continues playing as well as he has been the past couple weeks..I hope Andrew doesn't start trying to force it to TY if he's covered, and go with the short checkdowns to Fleener and Brown, and make it more of a possession game early...Then light em up in the second half...The Colts need to get the early lead..even 7-3...so that we can try to stay one step ahead of the Pats..

Just find the soft spot, catch the pass, and don't try to be a hero fighting for extra yards, unless absolutely necessary....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now