Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The X FACTOR is Whalen

danlhart87

I agree with this and the running on offense and our cb play on defense.

I am worried about V. Davis...he doesnt look 100%, and when a receiver comes out of his break, #23 just grabs on and tries to slow him down, sometimes drawing a well deserved penalty.

That will not work against shifty amendola or edelman. I like to see us play a lot of press coverage but only when we are healthy enough to cover guys. i.e. the denver game.

The Patriots are really good at taking away the middle of the field using lb's in zone, that's how they stopped Welker. Whalen will get 3 or 4 catches but the X Factor will be Rogers. Patriots play a lot of 2 deep man or robber coverage in the 4-2-5, his size and speed will be too much for Dennard.

This seems like a Whalen and Brown type of game if we're going to win it. But the X-factor is Da'Rick Rogers. He is the Colts' version of Lance Stephenson. He's so talented and plays with a screw loose, but once he realizes exactly what his team needs him to do, he will be really good IMO. That may not happen this year but I think it's coming.

TY is Luck's favorite target, if they do double him I hope Luck don't try

to force passes to Hilton and cause a turnover or two.

He has other targets in Whalen, Rogers, Fleener etc.

I think he's smart enough to throw it around. Griff seems like his secondary option with Fleener being a close third. Rogers only goes deep or gets screens.

I hate saying this, but Fleener is going to be the X-Factor in the game..I just hope he continues playing as well as he has been the past couple weeks..I hope Andrew doesn't start trying to force it to TY if he's covered, and go with the short checkdowns to Fleener and Brown, and make it more of a possession game early...Then light em up in the second half...The Colts need to get the early lead..even 7-3...so that we can try to stay one step ahead of the Pats..

Just find the soft spot, catch the pass, and don't try to be a hero fighting for extra yards, unless absolutely necessary....