Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Broncos' '5-10 club'

oldunclemark

It sneaked up on folks but the Broncos were the first team in NFL history to have five offense players score 10 touchdowns in one season.

I dont know of any team that has even had four

Until the NFL goes to 18 games, this is an almost an unbreakable record because it requires the same five skill position players to be healthy most of the year.

WR Demaryius Thomas
14 touchdowns
92 receptions
1,430 yards

RB Knowshon Moreno
13 touchdowns
60 receptions
548 yards, plus 1,038 yards rushing

TE Julius Thomas
12 touchdowns
65 receptions
788 yards

WR Eric Decker
11 touchdowns
87 receptions
1,288 yards

WR Wes Welker
10 touchdowns
73 receptions
778 yards

I think Indy did it 2 or 3 times in the last decade..Peyton shares the wealth :thmup:

Peyton did it just once with WRs with the Colts. 2004 with Marvin, Reggie and Stokes having 10 TDs at least, never had a TE and 3 WRs have that kind of production though. I am not sure about RBs.

add the RBs, because that's the point..

.......I think Indy may have done it 3 times...

Never had 5 at any point in time, that is my point. At best, it was 4 and that best year could only have been 2004.

3 wideouts never caught 10 TDs or more in a season with Colts outside 2004. You can go check it out.

Never had 5 at any point in time, that is my point. At best, it was 4 and that best year could only have been 2004.

3 wideouts never caught 10 TDs or more in a season with Colts outside 2004. You can go check it out.

I remember that.....I think a lot of us do.........But this is.....the '5-10 club'....

5 guys scoring 10...  WRs, TEs, RBs...everybody goes to the bank

Nobody certainly has ever had 5.........and I dont think anybody's had 4 (I'm not sure) that's why statistically its a big deal...

It speaks to the arguement of 'is this the greatest offensive season of all time..

Still this offense struggled against Colts until the desperation time, struggled against Pats all the game, and was almost shut down at home by Bolts, and all three were their remaining AFC opponents. Not a formula for confidence.

If it was true..

What did Peyton throw for against SD...280 yards?  They didn't struggle..offensively...they didn't have th e ball. They struggled defensively

Denver scored 31 points at Indy and fumbled at the 1yard line...that;s not a struggle on offense.

...Denver rushed for 280 yards at NE..and again scored 31.....That's also not struggling.

600 points....7,000 yards.....five players with 10 TDs....55 passing TDs in a divison with 2 other playoff teams

.....Its hard to find a team that did better during the regular season....which is the standard..

Stats in the playoffs don't count

At home against SD they scored 13 pts until the last drive when SD traded space and score for time. Multiple 3-and-outs without any point scored in 2nd and 3rd qtrs. The running game contributed 18 total yards out of 11 carries.

Against Colts they scored 17 pts before the last qtr and in the same time span Colts had 33 pts. 3-and-out to end 2nd qtr and left too much time for Luck to run out the time and score a TD. Not even a 1st down in the 3rd qtr if I remember correctly.

Against Pats, 24 pts from Pats turnovers as defensive scores and short field in the 1st half. No point in the 3rd and most of the 4th qtr until the last drive in regular time to tie the game. Multiple turnovers and 3-and-outs.

From these stats I see the same Manning-led offense that struggles from time to time against good teams in playoffs, although they were blowing bad teams out like crap.

If it was true..

What did Peyton throw for against SD...280 yards?  They didn't struggle..offensively...they didn't have th e ball. They struggled defensively

Denver scored 31 points at Indy and fumbled at the 1yard line...that;s not a struggle on offense.

...Denver rushed for 280 yards at NE..and again scored 31.....That's also not struggling.

600 points....7,000 yards.....five players with 10 TDs....55 passing TDs in a divison with 2 other playoff teams

.....Its hard to find a team that did better during the regular season....which is the standard..

Stats in the playoffs don't count

You cant cherry pick parts of games.....

Denver rushed for 280 yards vs. NE...they scored 31 vs the Colts

..and they only had the ball 20 minutes on SD....

No one has really stopped the Broncos for a gfull game all year..

They can lose iof the 'D' cant cope...but its the No.12 offense in NFL history....you cant take that away from them