Colts make roster moves [Merge]

BronxColtNYC

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We signed two wide receivers?

Lenz, Branch, Hilton, Rogers, DHB, Brazill, and Whalen.

Smart move. I'm sure the Patriots were already planning how to stop our recievers. If we add 2 more to the mix. We can change our plays around more... like the Pats do passing it to everyone.

I don't think it has much to do with being sneaky or trying to get answers from someone. He's a historically good receiver that lives in Indianapolis, is only 34 years old, and wants to go on another Super Bowl run. 

Sign me up.

Maybe we plan on dropping the ruse that we will run the ball a lot.  Belichick won't be fooled into believing that the run will be an integral part of our game plan.  So, give them a couple more receivers they can't be prepared for, and make sure we have enough in case injuries happen.

The Colts signed the old veteran WR Deion Branch and brought up Josh Lenz from the PS.  An interesting move to get their roster spots opened up.  The Colts place CB Greg Toler and DE Fili Moala on Injured Reserve.  Expect to see a lot more of Jeris Pendleton and Josh Gordy.

Honestly probably just coach speak. If he gets a snap or two it'll be simple relief/breather duty for the other guys. Anything more than 3 receptions will likely be because of injury imo.

Yeah, that's probably what's going to happen. I don't know about Lenz though. 

Pathetic, desperate move by Grigson. Collie is back with the Patriots because they IR'd Boyce, and this happened last week.

Enjoy having a ridiculously slow WR who wasn't even in the same system when he was last with the Patriots.

you are making it seem like the colts are going to start him. with Hilton, Rogers, Whalen, Fleener, and Brazill catching balls Branch will prob see more of the side lines then the field. 

why did we now have 7 wrs on the roster. oh boy

yeah im scratching my head on this one also. i figured if we put two defensive players on the IR we would have signed two defensive players. I mean signing a corner wouldn't hurt, nor would signing a defensive lineman.....

and does anyone know the status on Landry??? was it a concussion?? and if so will he be ready to go this weekend?

Pathetic, desperate move by Grigson. Collie is back with the Patriots because they IR'd Boyce, and this happened last week.

Enjoy having a ridiculously slow WR who wasn't even in the same system when he was last with the Patriots.

Let the butthurt flow through you.

Toler is no surprise the guy looked bad in the last game, DHB for what it is worth was looking good on special teams. I think the receivers are coming in for that reason. We have our guys in Hilton, Rogers, Brazill, and Whalen. You also need a little insurance.

Actually wanted this signing to happen for a while. Since Reggie went down. Maybe it was a plan to leave it this long, maybe they agreed terms but made sure that he knew the playbook first so he could be effective but not to waste a roster spot while waiting for him to learn the playbook. Sort of like the reverse of the Richardson trade, but he had to be thrown straight in because of injuries?

I LOVE THIS MOVE! And to make things better it happened the week before the Pats game.

Good signing, He can give tips on what to look for in terms of Brady's tendencies as well as he is familiar with Josh Mcdaniels scheme, Not sure if he sees the field vs the Pats though, But I think to much is being made about his age.....34 is not THAT old for a WR,