Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players Who Never Panned Out..

Dark Superman

Tony Ugoh

Exactly...I really thought he was going to be the answer. Recently I think we were all excited about Trent but he just hasn't worked out the way we expected....SO FAR....he has time to turn it around though. Really injuries are the big reasons....mine would have been Anthony Gonzalez....perfect slot receiver coming out of OSU.....just thought he would have exploded into a star with Peyton.

Jerry Hughes never paned out with us. I thought he made strides last year, but still a disappointment considering he was a first rounder. Then the guy goes to buffalo and gets 10 sacks.

Yep thats what happens when you get plenty of playing time, ya learn and grow and get better and...Hughes was not given that chance until last year

To the guy above that said Marlin Jackson: 

Marlin Jackson made one of the biggest interceptions in Colts history, sealing the Colts AFC Championship game win against the Patriots.  He could have never played a down after that and would still have never been a Bust just for that 1 key play,

huh?

Former first round pick out of BYU (I believe), but never lived up to first round pick potential

Correct, 21isSuperman -- Morris was terrible for about 4 years before he started being a decent player -- I always felt like we should have cut him after his 2nd year but Polian kept him around b/c he was too proud to admit that we got a bust with our first round pick that had expectations to be the next star middle linebacker in the NFL

I always thought he did make an impact

Correct, 21isSuperman -- Morris was terrible for about 4 years before he started being a decent player -- I always felt like we should have cut him after his 2nd year but Polian kept him around b/c he was too proud to admit that we got a bust with our first round pick that had expectations to be the next star middle linebacker in the NFL

What he said.  Morris was a decent player, but nowhere near the first round pick MLB we expected. 

Can I count Fredd Young, We wasted two picks on him

But the first pick the Colts made in Indianapolis was Leonard Coleman. 

What a way to start a draft with in a new city. Contract dispute, Setting out the 1984 season to play in the USFL

B Irsay had something to do with this