Would you rather play Denver or New England? [Merge]

steveeoaktree33

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it. We might see both either way... :/

Whether we win in the divisionals we might meet either one in the AFC Champs.

What rout do you prefer? I think we can win either way and it would be more meaningful if we play the Broncos in the AFC Champs.

The problem though is the Colts facing 2nd half comeback teams either way. Tom and Peyton know how to come back.

I say New England and here's why, if the Colts somehow beats New England and Peyton doesn't choke,  then it would be Colts vs. Broncos in the AFC Championship. Don't get me wrong, if the Colts lose then we would still be mad BUT, we would be happy for Peyton since he's in the Super Bowl again. This situation is a win-win because Peyton or Luck will be in the Super Bowl. I get that we are Colts fans but Peyton DESERVES another Super Bowl. I don't want to see Brady in the Super Bowl again.

Patriots for sure.  The Pats strength is their running game.  Our Glaring weakness is our secondary right now.  Our offense can score regardless so the Pats D then becomes irrelevant as long as we don't kill ourselves with turnovers.  We go to New England we can run the ball on their battered front 7 and give our DB's a week to heal, and hope that Brady's inexperienced receivers hinder him enough to outscore.  The NE matchup is just to good to pass up.

Patriots have looked a bit more vulnerable all season.  They have pulled out some miraculous victories but they are missing Gronk.

With that being said, we can beat either of them if we get pressure on the QB and we don't turn to ball over.  If we can't get to Brady or Manning we will be in trouble.

I don't really buy this statement.The pressure is on everybody. Also, I can assure you the broncos and pats believe they can beat anybody as well.

As well they should, nowhere did i imply they didn't think think they could. But i have to disagree, there is more pressure on Manning this postseason than anyone.

Pats... I want to go there and beat Brady... I don't think they have the receivers to get behind Davis like Denver has.. Davis needs more time to heal... Then go to Denver for AFCC and best team win's... I hope it is Colts.. but if we don't then Peyton gets to SB hopefully get his 2nd

I say New England and here's why, if the Colts somehow beats New England and Peyton doesn't choke,  then it would be Colts vs. Broncos in the AFC Championship. Don't get me wrong, if the Colts lose then we would still be mad BUT, we would be happy for Peyton since he's in the Super Bowl again. This situation is a win-win because Peyton or Luck will be in the Super Bowl. I get that we are Colts fans but Peyton DESERVES another Super Bowl. I don't want to see Brady in the Super Bowl again.

go peyton .

I believe we could beat either but neither will be a cake walk. I would take Pats bc they are not deep in there receiving core...though their RB scare me a bit. They do have the like the #15 pass def but i think thats a bit over rated. ive seen a few games where they get teared up. 

not to mention if luck can beat Brady AND manning to make the superbowl.....holy!!!

As well they should, nowhere did i imply they didn't think think they could. But i have to disagree, there is more pressure on Manning this postseason than anyone.

I agree. Imagine if Manning gets beat yet again in his 1st playoff game this yr.. The legacy continue's. 

As much as I Love Peyton Manning, we are in his head, no doubt. Peyton cannot play his game with a clouded mind, and of course he'll be worried about #98 strip sacking him again!!!!!

There will be no emotional "welcome back home and thanks for the memories" pregame show to deal with this time. I don't think it will be influenced at all us being "in his head". It all come down to execution.

Well we've already beaten Denver once this year...

Honestly though we are going to be the under dog don't let it bother you. This team plays it's best when they feel the world is against them.

It is odd... We beat San Fran, Seattle, and Denver early in the season as heavy underdogs, went through a cold streak through the easy portion of the schedule.

This team seems to thrive when people start to count them out.

There will be no emotional "welcome back home and thanks for the memories" pregame show to deal with this time. I don't think it will be influenced at all us being "in his head". It all come down to execution.

Disagree, sorry. To see the team that he was at the helm of for so long doing so well and making it to the second round of the playoffs so soon has to get to him. Even if it doesn't, we beat him the first go around, and injured him as well, he will want payback, which would mean we are in his head.

Again, love the guy he is a legend and appreciate everything he did for us, I want nothing more then for him to get another few rings on his finger, just not against our Colts.

Disagree, sorry. To see the team that he was at the helm of for so long doing so well and making it to the second round of the playoffs so soon has to get to him. Even if it doesn't, we beat him the first go around, and injured him as well, he will want payback, which would mean we are in his head.

Again, love the guy he is a legend and appreciate everything he did for us, I want nothing more then for him to get another few rings on his finger, just not against our Colts.

I disagree. You don't win as many games as he has if you get rattled by a loss. It was one game, and it was an emotional return home where he was cast aside for another. These are completely different circumstances.

Cool. I learned something today. Brady the slight of hand magician. Thank you for your easy to follow explanation amfootball.  :thmup:  Perhaps, you should be on TV with Al & Cris to explain concepts in laymen's terms through visual aids. That's what floored me, with access to NFL Films & game footage, NBC couldn't just show your audience a video of it both in real time & slow motion really?  haha

I agree. I have yet to see Luck rattled provided his protection holds up & he always remembers to slide feet first not head first. 

Thanks SW. Perhaps I should get a job in football but not sure I could work alongside guys like Al and Cris without losing my mind. :)

Not even close. What has Brady done lately? His last ring was 10 years ago. He's washed up. A has been.

(I'd go on, but I need to put my hip boots on)

Lets slow it down there..... Look at what Brady has done with basically all no-name receivers. Yes I know Luck has done the same thing, but its very close. Of course, I like Luck :P