Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown

MTC

I know it seems like taboo to give a running back props on any play where they fumble it, but after he lost the ball, he sat up and shoved his man, stopping his man from wrapping up Luck's leg. So at least he didn't give up. (and quite frankly, you've got to give the defender credit for that fumble. Few to zero other could have held on to that ball).

I know it seems like taboo to give a running back props on any play where they fumble it, but after he lost the ball, he sat up and shoved his man, stopping his man from wrapping up Luck's leg. So at least he didn't give up. (and quite frankly, you've got to give the defender credit for that fumble. Few to zero other could have held on to that ball).

Nope. He was just lucky. That ball could have bounced anywhere. Fortunately Andrew had enough awareness to scoop it up.

Nope. He was just lucky. That ball could have bounced anywhere. Fortunately Andrew had enough awareness to scoop it up.

He's lucky that the ball didn't go to a defender, but that doesn't mean you can't give a guy credit on making an effort after a failure. Why did Luck have the awareness to scoop it up and make a big play, but Brown isn't aloud to have the awareness to shove his man and prevent him from wrapping up Luck's legs?

He's lucky that the ball didn't go to a defender, but that doesn't mean you can't give a guy credit on making an effort after a failure. Why did Luck have the awareness to scoop it up and make a big play, but Brown isn't aloud to have the awareness to shove his man and prevent him from wrapping up Luck's legs?

Luck didn't make any mistakes. Good for Brown for getting in a guys way. But he could have potentially lost the game. I'm sure he wouldn't tell you he deserves/wants props for that play. It was a failure for him. Luckily it didn't cost us.

What a great past few games Donald Brown has had for us. He came up big today with both a rushing and receiving touchdown plus the accidental assist to Luck for the TD. There is no reason in my mind why he shouldn't receive a new contract extension this offseason. He definitely deserved it.

It all depends on DB's asking price.  If he wants crazy money, let him walk.  I appreciate the year he is having but he is replaceable.  Grigs spent a first rounder on Trent in large part because DB was the last best option at the time.  Who knew DB would turn into Robert Smith-lite.

I would like to see him signed to a 6 year contract and he plays on Special Teams and is a 3rd option RB. Maybe he gets 5 to 15 carrys a game just to mix things up. That way he can be a member of the Colts 3 to 5 SuperBowl rings they get under Pagano/Luck!

It all depends on DB's asking price.  If he wants crazy money, let him walk.  I appreciate the year he is having but he is replaceable.  Grigs spent a first rounder on Trent in large part because DB was the last best option at the time.  Who knew DB would turn into Robert Smith-lite.

The truth, in short, (and I hate to sya it) is that Grigson and Chuck do not want Donald Brown.  They demoted him twice,(when Bradshaw was signed and when Trent was acquired)

Its not about money and its not really about Bradshaw or Trent Richardson. They've been replacing him since they got here.

He wont be back because the coaches prefer someone else for their 'power running' game.

Indy has T Rich for 2 m per for the next 3 years I think...    very nice digits.

Brown will command NOWHERE near that over a long term deal.    Indy will bring him back with a very nice signing bonus and the rest will be par for the course.

Welcome back!

Where?    Have?    You?     Been????

I haven't seen you post in weeks and weeks....................

Hope your world is OK......

Nice to see you back....      :thmup:

I would like to see him signed to a 6 year contract and he plays on Special Teams and is a 3rd option RB. Maybe he gets 5 to 15 carrys a game just to mix things up. That way he can be a member of the Colts 3 to 5 SuperBowl rings they get under Pagano/Luck!

6 year contract to a 3rd string back? Lol. Ok

Fumble not withstanding he had some really big plays for us.  I saw this week of all the backs in the league with 100 or more carries he has the highest YPC in the league.

Watch the video again of his fumble. He quickly saw Andrew with the ball and made a block from the ground. :)

He's proved that he compliment the other RB's amazingly. Even taken it a step further becoming the starter. It would be a dumb move not to try and keep him a Colt. His vision is good and he always seem to fall forward when tackled.

Richardson, another fine performance. I look forward to you against New England. Hint: stay home.

Worst move GRIGSON made I was shocked he gave up a 1st round pick for him he looks lost and could care less I hope they resign BROWN I would love if they cut RICHARDSON but they won't Grigson will find a way to justify it . The only thing I don't like about GRIGSON is he gives away draft picks like candy

LUCK is part of the game if it where RICHARDSON I am sure they would have run it back for a TD he is horrible

Right because Brown is so good he willed the ball to Andrew.

Give me a break.

He was fortunate. Trent was not. No one is even talking about Trent's fumble if a Colt managed to fall on it.

Brown's fumble could have been infinitely more costly, but Andrew made a great play.

Right on, OldUncleMark -- and 5toolplayer, you are wrong when you say he is 'terrible in pass protection' -- Brown had 2 bad plays all season:  (1) when Luck got sacked to end the game against Miami and (2) his fumble last night.  Luck was going to get sacked on that play regardless -- yes, Donald screwed up a bit there, but there were 2 guys on Luck, even if Brown made that block Luck still gets hit.

Other than that play, which got blown way out of proportion on these boards, he is fine in pass protection and as a blocker.  Because he got highlighted on that play and the youtube video "darnit Donald" with Peyton, he gets a lot of flack as a blocker.  Go ahead and look at all the other plays he has been on besides those 2 and I guarantee you will find that he is just fine at blocking.

2 bad plays all year??? Then I'll be the first to say that Brown deserves the NFL MVP. 2 bad plays...please

OMG....STOP IT. A fumble is a fumble. If LUCK doesn't pick that up and score everyone on this board is calling for Brown's head. 

Right because Brown is so good he willed the ball to Andrew.

Give me a break.

He was fortunate. Trent was not. No one is even talking about Trent's fumble if a Colt managed to fall on it.

Brown's fumble could have been infinitely more costly, but Andrew made a great play.

I did not say Brown was so good you did and yes ANDREW made a great play and yes no COLT player was LUCKY enough to fall on RICHARDSON'S fumble. Like I said LUCK is part of the game GO LUCK GO BROWN maybe some LUCK will wear of on RICHARDSON I doubt it but good LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :applause:

I did not say Brown was so good you did and yes ANDREW made a great play and yes no COLT player was LUCKY enough to fall on RICHARDSON'S fumble. Like I said LUCK is part of the game GO LUCK GO BROWN maybe some LUCK will wear of on RICHARDSON I doubt it but good LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :applause:

Derrrr.

You said if it was Trent who fumbled it would have been returned for a TD because he's horrible. Implying the reason Brown's fumble wasn't returned for a TD was because he isn't horrible. Meaning it's because he's played good, and therefore his fumble was more successful than Trent's.

Not withstanding that, that logic makes no sense anyways. It's sad I'm having to explain your own line of reasoning to you.

Yeah, proud of Brown for kind of answering the call this year while Trent has struggled.  I still don't think DB is a feature back, but he's great in his current role.

Still supporting Trent and expect some MASSIVE improvement next season.  I honestly hope they're both on the team next year.  This kinda sucks for Bradshaw though... He's the odd man out, I think.  (I can't see us dumping Ballard yet)

Derrrr.

You said if it was Trent who fumbled it would have been returned for a TD because he's horrible. Implying the reason Brown's fumble wasn't returned for a TD was because he isn't horrible. Meaning it's because he's played good, and therefore his fumble was more successful than Trent's.

Not withstanding that, that logic makes no sense anyways. It's sad I'm having to explain your own line of reasoning to yOU

I said nothing of Brown being horrible and yes his fumble was more successful he was LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOL RICHARDSON was not

I said nothing of Brown being horrible and yes his fumble was more successful he was LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOL RICHARDSON was not

No one said you called Brown horrible?

Can you read? Or do you simply choose not to?

Your a legend in your own mind you can't even tell when someone is playing with you what a joke hope there are not to many COLT fan's like you GOOD LUCK LOL

No I'm quite aware what you are doing. Not exactly hiding it well. Lots of Internet slang "LOL" lots of capitalization needlessly.

You're just either much younger than me or not as funny as you think. Therein lies the disparity friend.

How can Donald Brown command crazy money is what I want to know, nobody in the NFL is gonna be dying to pay that man.  He is 27 and playing his heart out and I commend him for his effort but his past 3 years have been average and the fact the 1 special year and some big plays deserves a contract is really unrealistic. (Lets not forget that a 5th round pick rookie beat him out of his job last year) I get it he knows the system and I would not mind having him back for a reasonable amount, but I don't see him being part of any top free agent talk.  Ballard, Richardson, and whomever......Here are the 2014 top free agent running backs according to Bleacher Report...

After seeing what is available I think I would prefer to have Donald Brown back, at the right price....Players almost always play better in a contract year!

1. Knoshon Moreno 26yrs

2. Ben Tate 25yrs

3. Rashad Jennings 28yrs

4. Darren Mcfadden 26yrs

5. Maurice Jones Drew 29yrs

6. Rashard Mendenhall 26yrs

7. Donald Brown 27yrs

8. Isaac Redman 29yrs

9. Amhad Bradshaw 27yrs

No I'm quite aware what you are doing. Not exactly hiding it well. Lots of Internet slams "LOL" lots of capitalization needlessly.

You're just either much younger than me or not as funny as you think. Therein lies the disparity f

LOL get a life you need one

The truth, in short, (and I hate to sya it) is that Grigson and Chuck do not want Donald Brown.  They demoted him twice,(when Bradshaw was signed and when Trent was acquired)

Its not about money and its not really about Bradshaw or Trent Richardson. They've been replacing him since they got here.

He wont be back because the coaches prefer someone else for their 'power running' game.

This is correct, but Donald may have won them over finally he has had a great year for sure. Honestly I love how he just shoved it up Grigson's & Pagono's butt by playing soooooo well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 bad plays all year??? Then I'll be the first to say that Brown deserves the NFL MVP. 2 bad plays...please

Those really were the only 2 plays where Brown did something poor on that cost or could have cost us something (actually, I think there was one play where he was on STs and we got a punt blocked where he may have chosen to take on the wrong defender).  Other than that, he has held on to the ball all year and has gotten yards when they have been available, has been catching the ball well, and has often created yards and gained extra yards when they were not readily available. 

He has done nothing this season, other than the play against Miami (I think Luck gets sacked on this play even if Brown picked up his man better, anyway), to even come close to have anyone go as far as to say he is 'terrible in pass protection'.

• 2 months later...

I think Brown will deserve something at least in the 3-3.5 million per year range (similar to Sproles or Pierre Thomas).. but less then the $4M/year Reggie Bush got.

hehe..  you are out of your mind... 

..   and it's all good...    just diff opinion.

Signed with San Diego for 3.5M/year.   Hmmm.. my prediction was right on -- so, not so "out of my mind" after all.  But I knew that all along :)