Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

He did get held quite a bit.......but wow, it was like watching a shark stalk it's prey, he was going full speed and when I saw that arm come up I knew there was a strip sack about to go down!!!!!!!!

He did get held quite a bit.......but wow, it was like watching a shark stalk it's prey, he was going full speed and when I saw that arm come up I knew there was a strip sack about to go down!!!!!!!!

Ha! Earlier, I was thinking of making a 10 sec video clip of that play, slowing it down and putting the Jaws theme on it.  Then I got distracted by something shiny.

Robert Mathis and his judy chop turned the tide in our favor.  He's my DPOY.

Robert Mathis!!!  Guy always seems to come up huge when you know the team needs a turnover.

One the sack/fumble I noticed right before they snapped that ball they moved Mathis to the other linebacking spot after not having much luck at his normal spot all day and turned to my friend and said Mathis is on the other side might catch KC off guard here and sure did!

Loved it during his post game interview he was asked about Daricks big catch & Mathis dismissed the question & went directly to Lucks fumble recovery TD, said at that moment he knew without a doubt that they were gonna win...

Thought it was awesome cause that was the point I knew too...

Robert Mathis.....the grandmaster of the sack-strip

I knew a sack was gonna come just didnt know when....i saw him getting closer each play and finally like he always does....the patented SACK-STRIP!!!!!!

since 01 Mathis's 52 forced fumbles in the regular season and playoffs are the most in the league. They should rename the strip sack the Mathis!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah sort of like a Flanker, next to the TE. That would be interesting, he has the talent, size, and speed to do so but his route running is questionable like you basically said. I do think he makes the 53 so we will see.
    • Something that would be interesting to me is seeing Patmon work at Z if his route running and ball tracking is up to snuff. I think he's fast enough, just not sure he'd be good on cuts. I'd love to see a 9 or backshoulder though.
    • Reggie Wayne used to workout in Miami during the offseason and the league was ok with it and so was Irsay. I don't see the big deal with working out away from the teams facility, several players do it.
    • This is such a cluster.   The NFLPA is really looking out for the veteran players that they feel are established and do not need to go to voluntary things and that they want to protect from excessive team activities etc.   They are 100% not looking out for young or unestablished players trying to crack a roster, keep a job or make a name for themselves.   Also, this stuff is right in contracts. Literally all the players, agents, NFLPA reps know this or should know this. They even have acknowledged that players w $ tied to workout bonuses would likely attend because they are not trying to mess with players' money and livelihood. And yet they did just that by trying to have them work out away from team facilities.   This would totally make sense last year w COVID running crazy. Thinking facilities might not be safe health-wise around a lot of ppl. But this year it was a power grab to try to limit off-season and pre-season workouts and activities.   I always loved the Peyton Manning quote about Marvin Harrison saying "They pay you to practice, the games you play for free. "   At the end of the day this is one of those things where i truly want to feel bad for the players but i have a hard time feeling bad for them. they are just getting terrible guidance and listening to it. hopefully players make wise decisions since this is their livelihood at the end of the day.   I may be in the minority but if it were me id be at the team facility covering my butt and my check lol 
    • Harris could make it too I agree. We have some overall talent here. It will be interesting to see what Reich does.
  • Members