Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Do Anti-Caldwell Fans Approach The Remaining 9 Games?

dn4192

To me this is an interesting issue. If the Colts go 0-16 you have to think the odds of Mr. Caldwell returning are greater then say if they go 2-14 or 3-13 or so. Which means does the anti-Caldwell crowde root for the boys in blue to lose all the rest of the games as to not have to "suffer" with Caldwell as HC again next season?

So those wishing Caldwell to be released from being the HC...what are you going to do over the last 9 games?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is an interesting issue. If the Colts go 0-16 you have to think the odds of Mr. Caldwell returning are greater then say if they go 2-14 or 3-13 or so. Which means does the anti-Caldwell crowde root for the boys in blue to lose all the rest of the games as to not have to "suffer" with Caldwell as HC again next season?

So those wishing Caldwell to be released from being the HC...what are you going to do over the last 9 games?

Hoping we win, but expecting to lose.

Caldwell's already gone. Perhaps if they magically win the next 9 games straight it would be "possible" he saves his job.

But that ain't happening. But hey, if he can pull it off, I'll be fine for him to stay coach.

So no. I'm not rooting for them to lose.

I'm expecting them to lose to Jacksonville (on the road), Tennessee (2x), Atlanta, New England, Baltimore and Houston. So if they lose then oh well one more loss on Caldwells record.

I'm expecting them to beat Jacksonville (@ home) and Carolina. If they lose then it's even more evidence against him.

I will be rooting for them to win in the games I expect them to win....

I will also be rooting for St. Louis and Miami to win also so Indianapolis still gets the #1 pick ^_^

Edited by theking213

Hoping we win, but expecting to lose.

Caldwell's already gone. Perhaps if they magically win the next 9 games straight it would be "possible" he saves his job.

But that ain't happening. But hey, if he can pull it off, I'll be fine for him to stay coach.

So no. I'm not rooting for them to lose.

What leads you to believe he is already gone? And if that is true what is gained by him remaining on staff? I mean wouldn't it really make a statement to say what happen in NO is unacceptable by this franchise and sorry Jim but we no longer need your services?

Edited by dn4192

What leads you to believe he is already gone?

The game last sunday night and an 0-7 record with a team most people thought had a legitimate shot at being in the Superbowl this year until Manning went down.

That's a coach killer. Don Shula retired after a butt kicking like that.

There is going to be a scapegoat and he is by far the most obvious option. Him and Larry Coyer.

dn4192,

I like your post alot, they make sense and have logic to back them up,

i want to win, but i want to lose at the same time., heres the thing about caldwell and the colts. The colts are not losing for luck, they just keep getting out coached, This is fine right now, but when number#18 is back we want to win, and we dont want jim to hold us back

why would we suffer if Caldwell is back next year? If Manning is 100% ready to play we will make the playoffs and probably be SB contenders again. Not to mention we will have some good picks in the draft. I don't see why we would suffer with Caldwell next season.

why would we suffer if Caldwell is back next year? If Manning is 100% ready to play we will make the playoffs and probably be SB contenders again. Not to mention we will have some good picks in the draft. I don't see why we would suffer with Caldwell next season.

ya we will, we will get to the supberbowl and during the 2 min drill he will make us run the ball three times.

What makes me mad is last year, when he called that time out during the jets playoff game, he said he had guys on his team that can score in very little time, thats why he call that time out. But as i recall in the superbowl durning the 2 min drill at the saints 10 yard like or so, he wnats to run the ball 3 times to run out the clock, which gave the saints more points when they stoped us.

:nono2:

The game last sunday night and an 0-7 record with a team most people thought had a legitimate shot at being in the Superbowl this year until Manning went down.

That's a coach killer. Don Shula retired after a butt kicking like that.

There is going to be a scapegoat and he is by far the most obvious option. Him and Larry Coyer.

I would have to ask what experts picked the Colts pre season pre Manning going down picked them as SB contenders. Also again if Caldwell is done, doesn't it do more harm to keep him around then just let him go at this point?

His inability to coach, make tough decision and to get his guys prepared. Our defense and special teams is horrendous. That's a combination of not having the right guys in the mix, which is the GM's job, and poor coaching. If you've ever been to a practice you know that Peyton basically runs it. It's a different ballgame with 18 in there, but the problem is still coaching and management.

We still wouldn't make 2nd half adjustments. We wouldn't be prepared. and IMO the team has already lost respect for the man, as a coach, so you can't get that back.

ya we will, we will get to the supberbowl and during the 2 min drill he will make us run the ball three times.

What makes me mad is last year, when he called that time out during the jets playoff game, he said he had guys on his team that can score in very little time, thats why he call that time out. But as i recall in the superbowl durning the 2 min drill at the saints 10 yard like or so, he wnats to run the ball 3 times to run out the clock, which gave the saints more points when they stoped us.

:nono2:

Who made us run the ball 3 times? Last time I checked I thought Peyton pretty much had the ability to change up the play at the line of scrimige. Are saying Peyton doesn't or didn't have that ability?

His inability to coach, make tough decision and to get his guys prepared. Our defense and special teams is horrendous. That's a combination of not having the right guys in the mix, which is the GM's job, and poor coaching. If you've ever been to a practice you know that Peyton basically runs it. It's a different ballgame with 18 in there, but the problem is still coaching and management.

We still wouldn't make 2nd half adjustments. We wouldn't be prepared. and IMO the team has already lost respect for the man, as a coach, so you can't get that back.

well said mate,

If that is true, and I don't know if it is or not, to me allowing him to stay on and coach these next 9 games is flat out stupid and Bill Polian maybe smug and arrogant, he is not stupid.

Who made us run the ball 3 times? Last time I checked I thought Peyton pretty much had the ability to change up the play at the line of scrimige. Are saying Peyton doesn't or didn't have that ability?

I agree with you mate, Peyton does have the ability to change the play, but As the head coach should you not say hey peyton lets go full force down the field? The Head Coach is the guy that should be running the show!, that what im saying. The colts was in a run formation for all three plays meaning they just wanted to run out the clock with there 7 point lead.

I agree with you mate, Peyton does have the ability to change the play, but As the head coach should you not say hey peyton lets go full force down the field? The Head Coach is the guy that should be running the show!, that what im saying. The colts was in a run formation for all three plays meaning they just wanted to run out the clock with there 7 point lead.

when Tom Moore was here he ran some of the show. So did Manning and so did Dungy.

People defend caldwell for some reason i do not understand, Forget about anything he has done in past seasons.

This season, our team is a mess, Who should the blame go on for this season mess.

The guy that is running the show. or so called running the show, Jim caldwell do you agree?

Edited by joo 2h

People defend caldwell for some reason i do not understand, Forget about anything he has done in past seasons.

This season, our team is a mess, Who should the blame go on for this season mess.

The guy that is running the show. or so called running the show, Jim caldwell do you agree?

nope, I do not agree. Any coach in his situation would have struggled, unless they are Bellichek or Parcells caliber.

If that is true, and I don't know if it is or not, to me allowing him to stay on and coach these next 9 games is flat out stupid and Bill Polian maybe smug and arrogant, he is not stupid.

I agree. I'm all about a mid season coaching change. The only problem with that is, besides being able to evaluate players and their abilities, you can't make drastic changes to your scheme. There is not enough time in a week to prepare for your upcoming game and try to implement a new system.

Polian has made some great decisions when he was on top of his game. The draft has been pathetic for us over the last several years. Polians better days are behind him and he still, without the title, has a lot to do with the way this organization operates. IMO, if he was ready to hang it up then retire completely. Don't let your son take over just because he's "daddy's little boy"

Because Caldwell was a bad coach in 2009, and 2010. It is not like there is just a one year thing.

I go into detail here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Jim-Caldwell/155110744534326

The draft has been pathetic for us over the last several years.

and that is Polian and Caldwell fault how? we pick very low every year because we finish with good records. We havent had a top 15 pick in more than a decade. This is Polians fault?

Almost everyone we have drafted is injury prone and soft. How is that Polian or Caldwell fault?

and that is Polian and Caldwell fault how? we pick very low every year because we finish with good records. We havent had a top 15 pick in more than a decade. This is Polians fault?

Almost everyone we have drafted is injury prone and soft. How is that Polian or Caldwell fault?

really not trying to be snippy but doesn't this statement answer that question?

nope, I do not agree. Any coach in his situation would have struggled, unless they are Bellichek or Parcells caliber.

Lets say its all the players fault. (and thats still coaching). There's an old quote in sports. You can't fire the owner or the players. Coaches get fired when things go wrong.

It used to be they could hang around a longer time. Now its 3 years and compete or bye bye.

Fans actually didn't mind losing teams back in the day. Now they're hot and heavy for a winner.

Coach gets the axe all the time...good or bad.

Absolutely that's Polians fault. Bust after bust for the last several years. When you're the man that makes those decision, you're the one that gets blamed. And let's be clear we aren't talking about 1-2 bust out of 3-4 years. Many quality players have been taken in the late rounds of the draft. Yeah, our success has prevented us from having a top 10-15 prospect, but that has nothing to do with player evaluation, their size and what the team needs are.

and how was Polian supposed to know that these healthy college players are gonna be injury prone in NFL? He did well in Buffalo and Carolina. I guess he hasn;t been getting lucky recently.

I'm not the one that said he drafts injury prone players. That was your statement, my friend. I just pointed out how the responsibility falls on Polian. Sure, some have been injury prone and the others just down right can't play the game at the NFL level.

That finally clears up everything for me. thank you for the good answer.

you're welcome. There's nothing wrong supporting a coach you like btw.

Heck <looks around to see if Jaric is looking> I liked Pete Carroll and didn't want to see him go. But he had lost control of the team. In his case he was weak on disipline.

During a Buffalo game a couple stayed up there over night doing some drugs. Terry Glenn, star WR. Caroll benched him for ONE quarter. Belichick would have benched him for 4 games. LOL. Next season when Belichick took over the team he was the first one shipped out. Went to Dallas and faded. A burner of a WR if there ever was one. shame.

you're welcome. There's nothing wrong supporting a coach you like btw.

Heck <looks around to see if Jaric is looking> I liked Pete Carroll and didn't want to see him go. But he had lost control of the team. In his case he was weak on disipline.

During a Buffalo game a couple stayed up there over night doing some drugs. Terry Glenn, star WR. Caroll benched him for ONE quarter. Belichick would have benched him for 4 games. LOL. Next season when Belichick took over the team he was the first one shipped out. Went to Dallas and faded. A burner of a WR if there ever was one. shame.

He did catch a key 3rd down pass from Romo to ice the Colts-Cowboys game 21-14 in our SB year taking us from 9-0 to 9-1, yes I remember him :)

Parcells was always a big fan of hers.

I'm expecting them to lose to Jacksonville (on the road), Tennessee (2x), Atlanta, New England, Baltimore and Houston. So if they lose then oh well one more loss on Caldwells record.

I'm expecting them to beat Jacksonville (@ home) and Carolina. If they lose then it's even more evidence against him.

I will be rooting for them to win in the games I expect them to win....

I will also be rooting for St. Louis and Miami to win also so Indianapolis still gets the #1 pick ^_^

Do you really expect us to beat Carolina? Cam Newton has been lighting up much better defenses the ours. Plus he's a big guy, he runs pretty fast and we can't tackle a senior citizen in a hover round.

Im not rooting for Colts to loose but it sure dosent make me as happy as it used toif we win, I rather have a better pick in the draft now that we have no chance, and then can compete better next year, where we actually can get to playoff and futher